Zidoo UHD3000 HDMI audio not working

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Alfaprimo, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Lol

2. Markswift2003

Ok, that EDID only shows support for LPCM, AC3 (Dolby Digital) and DTS.

I don't understand why LPCM didn't work but if you tried to play a TrueHD or TrueHD-Atmos track, you would get silence.

DTS-HD should play core DTS and E-AC3 and E-AC3-Atmos should play in AC3.

Out of curiosity, try this EDID - it has all audio modes enabled:

https://mega.nz/file/dTgUDSTL#hV0ysOTilDQWeYEFcwQrOF4LitrLHnGmPrA2WMmFAgc

To Upload new EDID
    ==================

Settings/Display/Custom EDID/Custom EDID > On

Settings/Display/Custom EDID/Upload EDID > Select EDID File

Select new EDID from list so it is ticked

3. Markswift2003

Sorry - I just realised that the main port EDID doesn't matter here - when you have Main and Secondary Port Separation switched on, the audio side of the EDID is read from the secondary port.

I don't have a 3000 but I do have an Alpha which has an audio HDMI and I just connected audio port to my amp (Denon) with main port to the TV (Samsung) and it works perfectly so I'm really not sure what's going on there...

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

For me it does not work perfectly. When I switch of my TV the AMP goes into 2Ch stereo mode mostly (but not 100% always).
    Don't want my TV for listening to just music. Was not a problem with older FW.

5. Markswift2003

Just tried to replicate that with several movies, several codecs (using the app to control) and couldn't replicate.

6. Nice Monkey

Thanks' for trying Mark.

Happens with Music Player not Video Player hence TV Off. I do listen to MCH Music in SACD, DTS-CD and FLAC.
    The problem is bypassed for me as te need for Dual HDMI is gone with my new AMP (passes HDR10+ now). It does even 8K passthrough and upscaling which I obviously don't use.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2023
  7. Alfaprimo

Alfaprimo Member

I can try the edid file as soon as I get home, do you think it's useless to try? so the reader is faulty? even if HDMI audio is heard from the TV?

8. Nice Monkey

In my perception the AMP is faulty sending a non-matching EDID with its full capabilities.
    Many sources may ignore that EDID but Zidoo does not.

9. Markswift2003

Thing is the UHD2000 audio output works...

I'd say worth a try.. but if it works I'd be hard pressed to explain why!!

10. Alfaprimo

Alfaprimo Member

Hi all and thanks for the help shown. unfortunately I have to tell you that nothing has changed. i uploaded the edid file to the zidoo uhd3000 and selected it. no audio, Dolby/DTS HD audio encoding or other audio encoding continues to appear intermittently on the amplifier display without audio. unfortunately I don't have the possibility to test the Zidoo on another amplifier. I'm sure the Cambridge cxr200 amplifier works perfectly. it fails to hook the signal from the Zidoo as if it were not compatible, which however does not happen with the Zidoo uhd 2000. I tried to restore the uhd3000 by reloading the native software as per the guide https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/support_guide /guide_target/bTvt%2B8mjABzeq7k9e%5Bld%5D3ulg%3D%3D.html always no audio. the fact that hdmi audio is heard on the tv had given me hope that uhd3000 works it's not faulty. I ask anyone HELP!

11. Nice Monkey

I think the UHD2000 did not look at EDID at all for audio. This was added later I think.
    I am very sure Music Player did not look at it. Added later to see if HD Music could re-produced with HDMI Audio output on Auto.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2023
  12. Alfaprimo

Alfaprimo Member

thank you for the answer, what possible solution to be able to use uhd3000?

13. Alfaprimo

Alfaprimo Member

è possibile modificare il file EDID per l'audio?

14. Markswift2003

It's not possible to add a custom EDID to the audio input but I don't think that's the problem here.

Looking at the specification, your amp supports AC3, TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD and PCM, so its EDID will report that.

If you disconnect the audio HDMI and connect the main HDMI to the amp input you are using you can see what audio modes the amp supports by looking at Setup/Audio/Native Sample Rate and looking at the right of the screen.

upload_2023-4-6_9-10-24.png

(You'll have to connect the amp to the TV of course!)

I know you have enabled HDMI separation mode in the settings, but what you describe sounds like it is disabled, particulary because PCM sound is not transmitted.

15. Alfaprimo

Alfaprimo Member

So you say UHD3000 does not enable HDMI audio? Yesterday I noticed that the items that can be activated from the audio menu of the HDMI outputs are 2 and from the application 3
    Those relating to the activation of the separation between HDMI main and HDMI audio. Activating them each time from the app didn't change anything

16. Markswift2003

Not sure what you mean by that.

17. Alfaprimo

Alfaprimo Member

hello, I enclose the screenshot and the photo of the UHD3000 hdmi output audio menu from the application it is possible to activate the item: Main port mode while from the menu hdmi output from the player no. Could this information be useful in finding a solution?

Attached Files:

18. Alfaprimo

Alfaprimo Member

good morning, is the last message I sent useful for understanding the problem?

19. Markswift2003

I don't think so - it just looks like the app isn't reporting the HDMI port status correctly. The setting on the box is correct.

I wonder if anyone else with a UHD3000 and the android app can confirm this behaviour?

I don't have a 3000 and I don't have an Android phone, so can't test.

It would also be helpful of there was someone with a 3000 who could test port separation - as I say it works here on my Alpha and I would expect the 3000 to behave the same, but it would be good to have that confirmed.

20. Alfaprimo

Alfaprimo Member

what he says is correct, it could be a common problem with the Zidoo UHD 3000. are there other owners of the UHD 3000 who can share their experience?