Beta version v6.4.06 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, May 21, 2022.

1. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

I am very happy with the actual FW, thx Zidoo!!!

2. Bertrum

Bertrum Member

I have a similar problem with this firmware on my Z9X, also happens with the music player. I have checked the 'zddaydream' folder for corrupt images.
    I have to turn the screensaver function off to listen to music as it keeps stopping when the unit reverts back to the launcher screen.

As previously requested in October 2020, is it possible to separate the sceensaver from Music player and HT4?

AngryVirginian likes this.
  3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Tried a factory reset? Never seen this. With Z9X updates I need to do that regularly. No idea why?

Bertrum likes this.
  4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Yesterday I had a play with HT.4 to see if I could match a few unmatched titles. It was an extremely useful excercise as it helped me navigate through the various screens and learn what could be done. It also revealed that I had a further 4 or 5 mismatched titles too - for example my Harry Potter Collection only contained 7 titles whereas there should be 8 - found the culprit easily and sorted it along with the others - job done!

One big thing though (for me) that I noticed though was that relevant posters do not show the HDR10+ Logo. So when HT.4 shows a poster for one of my HDR10+ titles, it only reveals it is a HDR10 title. I learned that I had to select "More" on the poster to establish that it was an HDR10+ title, even though the relevant information was greyed out.

In an earlier post it was said............................
    Ok so at the time of yesterday's excercise, I had my Zidoo set to play LLDV. So I would like to ask: -

1. @Markswift2003 - given your above response to what was an earlier query, would you be so kind as to show me where the HDR10+ Logo appears, when playing HDR10+ titles natively - maybe a pic if you could be so kind? I know you have a Samsung TV :) At the moment I do see Vertex 2's info for a few seconds at the start of playback but I don't think it was this that you were referring to.
    2. If I was in HDR Auto and had set my Vertex2 appropriately to play HDR10+ content natively yesterday, would the main Posters show the title is HDR10+ ? I doubt it would have done, so what gives here please? Maybe at best the greyed out information above would not be perhaps when selecting "More"?

I hope I'm not asking a lot but really I want to see Posters showing the correct HDR information and an appropriate Logo when initially playing a HDR10+ title without having to phaff with the remote. So in summary I'd like a similar HDR10+ logo, preferably top left as with the VS10 DV or DD logos at the start of playback and the main Poster screen to show that HDR10+ titles are HDR10+.

Hope I'm not asking for much?

Thanks

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The HDR10+ logo appears in the same place as the other logos (DV, VS10, HDR) and it just says HDR10+!!

(The Vertex will report HDR10+ as "HDR+" instead of "HDR")

It already shows in the poster view:

upload_2022-5-27_11-15-28.png

6. jchanmc

jchanmc Member

Hi Rozel, I have another question hope you don't mind. I used to be able to see the SATA drive attached to the 1000Pro in Window's Network but now I cannot. How can I see the drive again?

Regards,

7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Ohh that's a tricky one for me as I am not up to these connection methods - I'm always asking questions myself lol, like I have done already today regarding a new Drive enclosure I'm buying. So I shall ask @Nice Monkey to step in here - he's the recognised expert on these forums for these questions. I have used external drives attached to my Zidoo many of times but always via USB. Here my Zidoo finds them 100% of the time when connected - I configure them using my PC which also has a removable HDD drive bay. I use 2 x NAS's and recall when connecting up the first one when I first got my Zidoo, I had to ask @Nice Monkey how to do it.

8. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thanks but my Posters are 100% not showing HDR10+ so I ask again, is this because the Zidoo wasn't set to HDR Auto to allow my TV to play HDR10+ titles natively? And from what you are saying there is a HDR10+ Logo shown by Zidoo at the start of a film - I need to check all this - I haven't played a HDR10+ title in ages, mainly because I have to fiddle with my Vertex2. I shall undertake a session later and post again.

Sorry to keep harping on Mark but this matter is doing my head in - sorry in advance :confused:

Last edited: May 27, 2022
  9. jchanmc

jchanmc Member

Hi Rozel, thanks for your speedy reply. I am also using NAS to store all my movies but all 4Ks iso movies, I store in SATA drive connect directly to Z1000Pro in order to prevent lacking problem.

Hope you are able to find out how can I see the SATA drive so I can transfer files from Windows.

Tks and regards,
    Jeff

10. Nice Monkey

Just enable SMB Server under Zidoo Network Setup and any Windows Client should find it next using it's IP-address. Will work with SMBv3.

rozel likes this.
  11. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

If your files are DV with an HDR10+ base layer then the poster page will show DV. If the file is HDR10+ only it will show HDR10+. HDMI modes etc don't matter - it gets this info from MediaInfo.

If the poster page shows HDR10 only then the file is not HDR10+.

If you're not sure, open the details page and press "More" and then "Refresh" (top right button. in fact the only button, with a refresh symbol on it)

The HDR10+ logo will obviously only show at the start of the movie if it's playing in HDR10+.

Last edited: May 27, 2022
  12. jchanmc

jchanmc Member

Hi Nice Monkey, SMP server had already been enabled. Windows still unable to find Zidoo server. I am not sure what is SMBv3?

Regards,
    Jeff

13. Nice Monkey

You need to connect manually using the IP-Address. Not using search.

14. jchanmc

jchanmc Member

How do I connect manually?

15. Nice Monkey

Map e.g. \\192.168.2.16\share to a free drive letter

16. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Maybe this issue is music player related? I have soundtrack/theme for most of my movies in HT4. Some movies have more than 1 associated soundtrack files. I will test whether it makes a difference when music is playing when the screensaver comes on vs without.

Bertrum likes this.
  17. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

I want to add that I had a lot of troubles last year connecting Zidoo's ZSamba to a Windows 10 PC. IIRC, ZSamba is SMB 1 and there are settings that need to be adjusted in Windows to connect to it. I gave up trying as I could not get it to work consistently.

Now, I just map the ZSamba share to a Synology share and it has been working very well.

18. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thank you Mark, I think I've got somewhere with your help. Had a long session earlier and established quite a few things.

1. First I now see the effect of selecting or deselecting "Use custom HDR for TX0 and TX1 when input is LLDV" when using the Vertex2 - by toggling in real time. Just saying lol!

2. I had no idea that by refreshing the "More" screen sorted the Poster issue - why is this? Probably reflects my lack of knowledge but by doing what you said changed HDR10 to HDR10+ on HDR10+ title Posters - great stuff but leaves me to ask why do I need to do this?

3. The good news is also that I can see the HDR10+ logo at the start of playback of a HDR10+ title at the top left of my TV screen. The bad news is - are you kidding me? It appears for a fraction of the time that the DD and VS10 DV logos appear. Build into this the resyncing that takes place at the same time and you are very fortunate if you see it. My resyncs are only for a few seconds but by the time they complete the logo has gone! So may I ask: - can we extend the length of time it appears please?

4. Finally, since you sent me the EDID in March (see below) has anything further changed to suggest an update?

20220527_184038.jpg

Thank you once more

19. jchanmc

jchanmc Member

Thank you for your advice. Have a nice weekend.

Regards,
    Jeff

20. jchanmc

jchanmc Member

Thank you for your comment, I did what nice monkey advised and got it work. I'll monitor further.

Have a nice weekend.

rozel likes this.