Feature requests for HT4.0

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Temearoo, Oct 24, 2021.

1. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

@Markswift2003 see if you can push for this in the next HT version. Use existing "Full Screen Trailer" button on movie page to play local trailer using Zidoo Player full screen rather than Nuplayer big window.

I'm sure everybody that has local trailers would love that.

vddan likes this.
  2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

There is a problem using the Zidoo Player because trailers often have differing frame rates and resolutions, so if you have auto frame rate and/or resolution set you'd end up with HDMI resyncs which would destroy the experience.

But if this can be overcome then I completely agree, the Zidoo Player in fullscreen would be great for local trailers even if the framerate is wrong.

There's a lot going on at the moment, but I'll definitely mention this.

vddan likes this.
  3. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Thanks, it would help having this full screen trailers in one place compared to copy trailer files in two locations. All my downloaded trailers play using Zidoo player full screen without any problems. I probably had to recode audio to common format on couple of them but it's all good now. I also have movies with different frame rates and resolutions. So far so good. Under ZDMC v. 16.1 if I'm not mistaken it allows me to play movie using Zidoo Player or Kodi (software) player. It scans video file automatically for some key compatibility issues and defaults to correct player. I always force it to Zidoo Player first to check if it works at all. Any other software payer Kodi or Nuplayer will stutter and skip frames no matter what format, resolution or framerate.

4. Markswift2003

It's generally not a huge issue when playing movies with a framerate/resolution different to the GUI framerate/ resolution because you're kind of expecting it and you're moving from one event (GUI viewing) to another (movie viewing), but if it happens within the GUI experience it would be awful.

I set my GUI to 4k23 to reduce resyncs since most of my content is 4K23. And most trailers seem to be 23.976fps too, but a good proportion are 24fps and as I say, varying resolutions.

5. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

HDMI resync on projector is an issue. On TV it is a second of black screen. I'm used to it by now. I'd rather have Home Theater experience of flipping pages and popping posters to full screen at 60fps and deal with second of black screen when the movie starts compared to scrolling of posters at 24fps. I'm in for Zidoo Player for full screen trailer even if this means a second of black screen before trailer starts.

You only get resync when you click on full screen trailer.

6. Markswift2003

Not quite sure what you mean, particularly about copying, but the GUI framerate is entirely up to you. However, if we're talking about using Zidoo Player as part of the trailer function and introducing HDMI resyncs then I'm afraid I'm well out of that conversation.

7. Markswift2003

You can use the AB boxes for fullscreen trailers with Zidoo player - Remove the "Trailer" keyword in settings and name like:

MovieName.(#Feature).mkv
    MovieName.(#Trailer).mkv

If you do that you have local trailer functionality with Nuplayer (auto and windowed) and fullscreen trailers with Zidoo Player. (of course you can turn off Auto Trailers if you want..)

upload_2022-1-4_20-15-49.png

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
  8. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

@Markswift2003

Are you sure that removing keyword "Trailer" from trailer filename and replacing it with set of (#Trailer) and (#Feature) will allow it to play with Nupleyer in the corner of the movie page the way you have it on your screenshot?
    Maybe I missed some updates in the past. The only way to play the same downloaded trailer in the preview window Nuplayer and using Zidoo full screen player in the past was to copy it twice with different filenames with and without the "Trailer" keyword in the filename.

Here is another suggestion to end the resync debate. All we need is to have a switch in Home Theater setup "Use Zidoo Player for offline full screen trailers YES/NO". This would be an option to play downloaded trailer using full screen Zidoo player or Nuplayer using the same existing button on the movie page. No more boxes with A, B or Feature, Trailer and renaming files. We call trailer MovieName.Trailer.mkv :)
    My A, B boxes are already loaded with 3D, 4K and some other versions of the same movie.

9. Markswift2003

Yes, positive - that screenshot was live.

I removed the Trailer Keyword in Settings, changed the filenames and rescanned - works fine. The key is the fact you can now edit keywords for non-scanning.

As I said earlier, a lot going on at the moment, but I'll see what we can do..

3DBuff likes this.
  10. ZidooNewbie22

ZidooNewbie22 New Member

Agreed for exactly the same reasons.
    • At least exclude that folder from:
      • online scraping, which results in total incorrect assignments
      • being listed as "unmatched", since there is no online meta data for this content
    • Still possible or usefull might be the offlince scraping for metadata in case you defined them for your own files as
      • *.nfo files or
      • within *.mkv tagging schemes
    Folder filtering does in lawdawq's case, but does not help in Cerebro or my case, since the whole content of one source are private videos, which can't be scraped / found online.

Defining an offline only / file only folder might be nice.
    Reason still to have it as a source is simply:
    --> no need to switch between HT and "Media Center / file browser" --> having still all kinds of videos in one place: movies + series + private videos

upload_2022-1-10_0-10-48.png

11. Yohmi

Yohmi Member

Just to say that I really hope this will work out :D I miss trakt support since I replaced Plex with a dedicated player (my Zappiti didn't have trakt support either).
    ADDED !

Another thing I'd like to see added, despite a more visible "watched" icon (many movie posters makes it invisible - it doesn't need to be big, but it should be visible on every background), is the ability to use digits to scroll through the poster wall. I've got a hundred lines to scroll down to manually, and just like I can use digits to scroll from 10 to 90% of a movie by a single press, it'd be great to be able to do so on the poster wall. Spoilers : Zappiti does it since several years and it's really convenient.

I also second the comment about automated movie collections, I don't like my movies to be bundled, so I have to disband them systematically, I wish I could deactivate this (but it's not a big issue).
    On the same chapter of annoying things, setting "watched" (or "unwatched", or favourite, or add to category) manually is not convenient (long press on a poster, look for the right option, press, back to the poster wall, move to the next item), it'd be great if we could just enter a checkbox mode so then every poster we check with a click is considered as watched (or else). I remember about a mode like this being already implemented for a function but I just can't find it anymore (maybe I just dreamed of it).
    HERE ! >>> #145

Last but not least, I'd like the ability to force the mediainfo re-scan of all the files, since it improved but my collection is now full of old bad media infos and I must always go to "more" and click on those circular arrows to make sure it's up to date.

I'm happy to see how fast Zidoo's software is improving, I hope it'll continue this way :)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
    lawdawg and Cerebro like this.
  12. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

This should not be difficult to implement. I like Clear Logo on the movie loading splash screen instead of the generic text. I don't like it on the movie detail page as my poster usually has the title already in the poster (e.g., see True Romance above and that there are 3 instances of the "True Romance" title). I would like to request a feature to change the Clear Logo config option to:
    • Off
    • Loading Screen Only
    • Detail Page and Loading Screen

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
    Gael Augusto, lawdawg and Cerebro like this.
  13. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Second to that. We have scrolling by letter when posters are in alphabetic order but once posters are in by date order nothing works. There is page up and down on remote but still pages to go down.

14. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

@3DBuff
    Maybe are better when input number to get activate search mode, similar like open search from main HT screen then continue search inside of already open category(Movie/TV/custom/source)?

15. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I like original idea of using numbers to get to sections of poster wall listing. Numbers are single key direct input. It should apply to any listing in any order.

16. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

2/8 working as up/down now(HT 4.0 4.1.x), then you want to more like 4/6 to left/right?
    Direct input 15 to jump to item(poster) number 15?

17. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

We have up, down, left, right on remote. We need 1 as 10% down on poster listing, 4 as 40% down and keep going. 9 as 90% and 0 as last page :)
    When posters are sorted by alphabetical order you can get to the first poster starting with the letter when using wireless media keyboard.

Furrball likes this.
  18. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Ahaaa I get point want similar function like number on seek for video, but apply to items(poster) to display on HT category(Movie/TV/custom/source).
    Ex: 1000 items to display then 1 as 10% to jump to position 100, 4 as 40% to jump to position 400 and so on 9 as 90% position 900, or more complex like to care about number of row which need to be display it?

LE: For fun I generated 1018 poster library base on IMDb year movie list then look like this
    Screenshot_20220111-023016.jpg

Now press 5 as 50% then will need show poster 509
    Screenshot_20220111-021019.jpg

When look on row number are bit complicate :).
    Screenshot_20220111-021202.jpg

Screenshot_20220111-020638.jpg

Rely not idea what are benefit of this except the case when user already know/remember, the title, time when is was added and approximative how many items add between.
    Personal I still preferer to have search access in any category(Movie/TV/custom/source) inside of jump percent, Zidoo Team need to review what can/want to be implemented and will see...
    Enjoy Zidoo players.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
  19. +1 Also would like the ability to refresh the metadata for a file. I have individual episodes of shows that were unmatched and I had to manually fix, but they get added to the posterwall with no information about the particular episode after. It will just say something generic like "Episode 8" and will show general information about the TV show in the info section instead of information about the episode. I also have .NFO files for these items, but HT does not pick that up when I fix an unmatched item.

EDIT: Can we also get support for "{\an8}" formatting in subtitles? Ive noticed recently that some episodes of my shows have "{\an8}" at the beggining of some of the lines in the subtitles. After googling to find out what the heck this is, it turns out that this is formatting code that it supposed to make the subtitle appear at the top of the screen instead of the bottom. The HT does not recognize this code. Ive never seen this "{\an8}" tag before so I played the same file in Plex to see if it would appear in the subtitles but Plex seems to recognize the tag and put the subtitles at the top of the screen as expected.

Why subtitlers would even do this is beyond me. But it would be nice to have support for it. Ill grab a screenshot of what this looks like when I get home.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
  20. Yohmi

Yohmi Member

I think it all comes down to how you sort your posters, and I should have mentioned that earlier, we easily forget people browse movies very differently. I sort my collection by year of release, because the way I browse movies is set by the mood of an era, if I want an action movie I'd rather go in the 80s, if I want a french noir movie it's more in the 50s etc.
    I don't know which row I'll end up to when I press 5 and arrive at 50% of the list. But I know according to my collection I'll be around the 1960s with a single press of a button, I know I'll get to the 2000s by pressing 9, it's fast and reliable enough.

3DBuff likes this.