Beta version v6.3.66 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Hristo Makrelov

Hristo Makrelov New Member

In PREFERENCES, "Ignore the word at the start of the file when sorting" is NOT working. Which messes the collection order. Please fix it.
    I am putting "The" in the ignore list and Z9X doesn't take it as a rule.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It works perfectly - what do you think is wrong with it?

3. emb531

emb531 Member

Is there any trick to getting forced subtitles to work correctly? Either they don't engage at all, or I get English subtitles for every movie even if they are not forced. I have played around with the Forced Subtitle settings (Auto, First Forced subtitle etc) but still can't get it to work properly. The files are MKV's with PGS or SRT subtitles.

Hristo Makrelov likes this.
  4. Markswift2003

I use the following settings and they work perfectly:

Settings/Playback/Default Language/Default Subtitles <OFF>

Settings/Playback/Forced Subtitle <Auto>

5. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

In default language, Default subtitle to Off.
    In forced subtitle, the language that you want to use.

And of course, the forced subtitles must have been set to yes in mkvtoolnix or whatever.

6. Hristo Makrelov

Ordering puts movies with "THE" in the name amongst movies with " B", "D:, etc starting letter in the name.
    For example:
    Aquaman
    Army of the Dead
    The Art of Racing in the Rain
    - this one should be put under T letter in the order, not under A letter
    etc.

I hope now it is more clear what is wrong in .66 update. Before it all worked fine with ignore words and ordering was proper.

7. Markswift2003

Hang on - what am I missing here? - that's exactly what it should do.

AngryVirginian and Mabon like this.
  8. Markswift2003

You don't need to rescan, if you edit the ignore list it works dynamically.

Mabon likes this.
  9. emb531

emb531 Member

Another gotcha with this box I guess - so if you hit the Subtitle button on the remote, it will show no Subtitles selected. BUT if you hit the Menu button and go into Subtitle, there is a menu option I didn't notice before (and is not present if you select the Forced Subtitle from the Subtitle menu option from pressing the subtitle button the remote) that says Forced Subtitle and it is selected automatically and subtitles are shown as expected. So just another little weird UI thing I guess. Thanks.

10. Hristo Makrelov

Yes, thank you. That worked. I think I was missing something from previous version - most probably "The" was not in the list.
    Now it works fine, after removing the ignore list.
    Thank you all. It was my bad interpretation of that function.

Mabon likes this.
  11. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

I am unable to install the zdmc-19.1_rtk.apk, downloaded from zidoo's official site, using the ApkInstaller.

The apk is listed under USB Installation, showing as uninstalled. I select the APK, click Install and the spinning progress window appears, I then get the "install complete" notification. But no icon appears in APPS. I then tried the web installation, and while I now have another instance of ZDMC(v19.1) in the Appinstaller list (showing uninstalled) there is no icon for the app.

Thinking maybe there was an issue with ZDMC, I tried to install the ZIUICancer(v2.2.8) apk. Same behavior as above. Previous to this beta firmware, I was able to install APKs, the ZIUICancer specifically.

I have rebooted the box and tried again, behavior does not change.

12. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

I forgot to mention I am able to install apps from the Google play store.

13. muha

muha Active Member

I just noticed that Z10 Pro as SMB server is no longer visible on W8.1 and 10. I can access it from mobile phone (android) and Linux.

14. Sorry couldn't find it in any thread. I can see ZD SAMBA folder from my win 10 PC but how can i see my win 10 drive from z10pro? They are connected via lan ethernet. I want to share my PC drive with z10pro so that it is able to scan it for movies. Please guide. Thanks.

15. Markswift2003

Make sure the Windows 10 drive is shared and then you should see it if you scan SMB on the Zidoo.

16. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

I was able to install the APK through media center, so it looks like the APKInstaller app was the culprit.

17. How should i make my drive shared on windows? Can you please step wise explain?

18. Ok. I did that. But after z10pro detects the desktop drive it asks for username and password? I didn't set any. Where can I find default password?

19. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

No default password. It should work.

20. Djdragon

Djdragon Member

Hello
    I received my Zidoo Z1000 Pro today. I am very satisfied with the device. I have a few questions.
    With Dune HD Vision Solo 4k, every time I restarted a movie, I was asked whether I want to see it from the beginning or where did I stop watching it ?!
    1-Can I pick up a movie from where I left off on Zidoo?

2-And on Dune, the new R18 Gui, you put a bar on the cover that shows exactly (info bar) where I left off. There's nothing like that at Zidoo yet?

Overall so far, Zidoo has been much better liked, for example CEC works better on my Philips 65OLED805 than it does with Dune.
    And the HT cover menu is way ahead.