Beta version v6.3.30 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 released

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Cezary

Cezary Member

NFS is jerky in my case (tested with 4k 100Mb/s).

2. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

For a few firmwares I have found NFS can be erratic. Works OK for awhile but then starts to stutter. On my Synology I use SMB and have zero issues.

3. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

Is real time bitrate the sum of video + audio or just video?
    I ask this because with the oppo 203 it displays separate values for both audio and video.

joe

p.s. congratulations for the excellent update ... thanks;)

4. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

Over here i had tv series on NFS, and movies on SMB, but somehow that combination did give random problems after 6.20 or so... So, i deleted the NFS sources, and went for all SMB. I see on the Syno that the ZX9 is using SMB2, and so far all issues are gone. I also noticed that DSM 7 best needs a clean made folder, with fresh permissions, to avoid write permission issues.

maybe it would also be a interesting option to add UPNP as a possible source in HT?

5. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I upgraded my Synology to DSM7 and did not touch the shares. The first time using HT4 after upgrade I did need to log into the drives but after that have been OK. I disabled SMB1 on my Synology a long time ago.

6. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

Disable a SMB mode does not really matter, since the Zx9 tells the syno it is using SMB2. And that V2 works fine. What also might be the case over here, is that i use more media players, like a Bee link GT KING for example. So, optimizing for 1 might mess it it up for the other :) Overall SMB should be prefered as the basic protocol , me think, instead of NFS?

7. Enet

Enet Active Member

Is the upgrade to DSM7 worth it? Any obvious improvements?

It is the case that NFS is more efficient than SMB so if you have any delay issues on your network then in theory NFS is the better choice. But with many of us running home Gigabit networks that is much less of an issue so just use what works for you.

8. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

delay was not the issue with NSF, ( all gigabit LAN here) i still think it was some sort of buffer or driver thing on the Zx9. The actual data feed from the syno is not that high due to compression. Even with big 4K UHD /mkv's it is about 8 or 9 MB/s max?

Moving up to DSM 7 does have a few new gizmo's, but for your average streaming stuff it will not make a big diff? if you can update, you should, just to stay with the latest security updates and shizzle.
    For expample, i see a SMB update from last month , fixed something with domain groups.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
  9. singuser

singuser New Member

Thank you. I tried 3d ISOs and also had no issues.

10. singuser

singuser New Member

Yes, no issues at all with 3D ISOs.

11. John7

John7 New Member

Has the HDMI CEC issue been resolved yet? Any insight if it will likely be fixed, it's a real issue for me, never a problem on my previous X9s. Thanks

12. Enet

Enet Active Member

The film RAN 4K Dolby Vision highlights some of the remaining problems with the Zidoo handling of 4k and Dolby Vision.

1. Rewind causes a green screen then blank screen but the film doesn't rewind.
    2. Fast Forward shows intermittent green screens.
    3. Blu-ray menu takes 1-2 minutes before getting to the menu page, then another minute to allow me to choose an option which doesn't work anyway.
    4. When the menu fails, then playing it a second or third time will work. It's like it the Zidoo caches the menu.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
    Letmein and Tarantula like this.
  13. Tonyj

Tonyj New Member

I’m playing some 29.970 fps content from a usb connected to z9x and he info is saying it’s 29.980 FPS and is outputting at 1080p 30 FPS with frame rate and resolution switched on, If I choose only frame rate switching its outputting at 4k @ 29 FPS. I’ve tried 2 or 3 tv episodes and the same can anyone with some 29.97 FPS content try it out to see if it’s just my content, I haven’t noticed this before on previous firmwares I just noticed a few judders so checked the info. Many thanks.

14. Cezary

Cezary Member

What container?

15. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Can you PM me a short small sample (upload to Mega).

I suspect this is a reporting problem only and the framerate is in fact correct, but would like to confirm.

16. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
    dr4go and xskip like this.
  17. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear @mirror

May you be so kind and add an option in settings to disable: "Loading video..." text, after clicking play movie or add a possibility to display "custom page" before movie starts playing?

I have disabled all movie logos and movie titles, when I hit play movie, but there is still "Loading video..." text. I would like to hide it, just to see blank/black screen before movie starts.

It's cosmetic change I know, but it would be nice to have such feature.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Sincerely

18. Cezary

Cezary Member

Hi,

I still don't use MP. Does scraping music, i.e. album cover scraping work in this FW?

19. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Would it be possible to have a screen saver kick in if you leave a video on pause? I have a third party photo screen saver thats kicks when I'm in HT4 or main settings page. It would be great if this could be extended to media player pause screen.

I have on OLED so any burn in protection is gratefully received!

Joe C likes this.
  20. Cezary

Cezary Member

I know, but the question is if MP can read them correctly?