Zx9 : Amp : TV hdmi connections

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Jemen, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Jemen

Jemen New Member

Happy new yr! wondering how your ZX9 is connected to the amp and tv. Usually a source or say a dvd player will go into your integ amp then amp to your tv. That should be the same for the zidoo, right? Zx9 has 1 hdmi out, and it will just go into any hdmi in the amp, then how about from amp to tv? Any hdmi ports. I cant get this to work.

What i managed to do is via the usual :
    Zx9 hdmi out to TV hdmi, then TV hdmi arc into Amp's hdmi arc. But that somehow bypasses the z9x's capability of all the dolby features.

Any advise?

2. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

Jemen likes this.
  3. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

My z1000pro is connected via Hdmi cable to my Marantz receiver Mediaplayer in, the Hdmi out of the receiver is connected to the TV Hdmi1
    input.

This will ensure the sound reproduction is provided by the Receiver and the picture of the mediaplayer is shown on the TV.

This will only work if your Receiver has a HDMI out to the TV hdmi input

Jemen likes this.
  4. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Mine is Z9X to panasonic oled z1000 then eArc back to sony DN1080 reciever

have to do it this way since the Sony reciever wont passthru HDR10+

this way i get DV hdr10+ HLG and ALL with DA dts-x

Jemen likes this.
  5. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Same as cucnz, i use eARC

6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I have some of my devices plugged into receiver and some into TV. Enabling ARC (TV currently doesn't do eARC - probably never will) screwed up my TV, Receiver and Vertex2 (which I use for LLDV and to split Zidoo's Video & Audio) and all will need resetting tomorrow - big job. ARC is sh1t and probably eARC too. Damn Zidoo for supplying their players with only 1 x HDMI Out !

Happy New Year in a few hours from the UK !!!!

Jemen likes this.
  7. Oldirtydog

Oldirtydog Member

My zidoo z9x is conected to LG C9 and i use Earc to my receiver Sony str dh790(who also supported Vision,hdr,Atmos and Dts X) but missing QMS function,because that choice to put zidoo directly to C9.Atmos and DTS X working perfectly into Earc.

SandorM and Jemen like this.
  8. Jemen

Jemen New Member

Thanks for all the responses.

I guess your amp should have an Hdmi out 4k/8k, other than hdmi arc/earc out, if you want your zidoo to pass thru it and then to Tv.

Else your option is zidoo out to Tv hdmi, then tv's hdmi arc/earc to your amp's arc/earc.

Though the latter totally defeats the purpose of having a zidoo for all the dolby features. Because you can just directly utilize the Smart tv's netflix decoder for dolby features via earc.

9. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

I have tv tcl 65x10 in it, the dolby atmos does not work too much, and in netflix and amazon

10. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

My setup worked almost flawlessly until I started to mess about with ARC. I have yet to hear any sound despite setting ARC up correctly. The main reason I wanted set this up was to evaluate the sound quality from my TV's apps (Netflix / Amazon / iPlayer etal) and compare them all namely using: - Zidoo, Sky Q, Amazon Fire TV 4k Stick, maybe my Roku too.

I watched Jingle Jangle (Netflix) via Sky Q last night and got to say the vanilla HDR10 has never looked better and the DD+ 5.1 sounded ok too - a great watch running up to midnight.

Conclusion if you haven't guessed already - I'm ditching the concept of ARC !