1. Dear all,
    As China's National Day approach, we're gearing up for a seven-day holiday from October 1th to October 7th. Please feel free to contact service@zidoo.tv/service@eversolo.com for any urgent messages during the holiday. we'll be back in action and ready to assist you with all your needs starting from October 8th. Thank you for your understanding and continued support!

Warmest regards,

Zidoo & Eversolo Team
    Dismiss Notice

Zidoo Z9X PRO and Samsung 82q950r

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by altcoinfanatic, Sep 22, 2023.

1. altcoinfanatic

altcoinfanatic Active Member

Care to reply the above @Markswift2003 ?

Is the HDR10+ support on Auto fixed on the alpha firmware btw?

2. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Well-Known Member

He's on Holiday, so I'm sure he'll respond when he gets back.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Can just about manage this with mountain Internet and an iPad :)

Yes it is.

4. altcoinfanatic

On Alpha 1.0.58 Firmware you mean? I just updated to this firmware and Auto still switches to VS10 engine instead showing the movie in HDR10+
    The only way to show HDR10+ on a Samsung tv is by selecting HDR10 mapping. I think this is the best setting for a Samsung TV (it either selects HDR10 or HDR10+)

Do I require a HDR10/LLDV EDID for Dolby Vision VS10 Engine (Output HDR) and Dolby Vision Low Latency (LLDV, YUV422/444/RGB, 10/12-bit) to make it work? Or does the whole EDID stuff does not apply for my samsung tv with denon x6700h receiver?

5. altcoinfanatic

6. Markswift2003

Nope

Not quite sure what you're doing wrong, but it works here. This is with HDR on Auto:

upload_2023-10-17_16-10-36.png

You don't need any fiddling about with EDIDs unless you want to use the Samsung for LLDV and in that case you also need an HDFury device to spoof the HDR signal.

7. altcoinfanatic

The file I am playing has Dolby Vision and HDR10+ support (so both are supported).
    If i set it to HDR10 mapping then the file is being played as HDR10+ (which is correct)
    If i set to auto then the file is being played as a Dolby Vision file and uses the VS10 engine (but I would like to have it played as HDR10+)

If I play a HDR10+ file with no DV support then it works fine on auto and HDR10 mapping as it is being played as HDR10+

8. Markswift2003

Ok, you didn't say that. DV always takes precedence.

9. Markswift2003

Sorry - I just realised I've been talking absolute nonsense on this since I was up that mountain in Italy.

You are absolutely right - Playback of the HDR10/HDR10+ layer of a DV file on an HDR10/HDR10+ display HAS NOT been fixed!

My apologies.

Vino Toscana, what can I say :)

10. altcoinfanatic

Thanks for not declaring me crazy.

11. altcoinfanatic

Since my purchase samba was not working out of the box.
    After upgrading to beta version v1.0.52 samba was fixed.
    Recently I upgraded to v1.0.60, so far everything is working except for DTS-HD movies/files (the movie movie just hangs) when HDMI audio is set on automatic. When changed to RAW then it works again. Guess I have to put it on RAW for now.

12. Markswift2003

Yeah, no harm to leave on RAW, but mine's on Auto and DTS-HD works fine.

Going back to the HDR10+ thing - that's now been fixed for Profile 4 and Profile 7. For some reason they overlooked Profile 8 and that still uses VS10, but hopefully that's be sorted next.

Interestingly, in order to use HDR10(+) natively with DV in v1.0.60 and v1.0.61 you need to set HDR to Mapping HDR10 once then you can set to Auto. Very odd.

This seems to have been fixed now - I'm on a later internal beta and didn't have to select Mapping HDR10 first.

13. altcoinfanatic

Really? I tried it with 5 movies and all have the same issue on v1.0.60 maybe thats fixed in your later internal beta? Do you want me to test your later internal version?

14. Markswift2003

I don't think anything changed since v1.0.60 regarding this - there are only very specific changes none of which are to do with audio.

But yeah, I haven't seen any issues with DTS-HD and I'm sure there weren't any on v1.0.60 or prior.

15. Markswift2003

Just tried a few DTS-HD movies (including DTS-X) to be sure and no problems in Auto or RAW.

16. altcoinfanatic

After reading this message I tried to check why it is working for you and not for me.
    I put HDMI audio back to auto and then changed S/PDIF audio from off to RAW (and turning on HD audio One) and the sound came through. Then I changed S/PDIF audio from RAW to 2-channel LPCM (and turning off HD audio One) and the sound still came through.
    Lastly I changed S/PDIF audio from 2-channel LPCM back to off and the sound is still working. Very odd.

Now the only issue I have is:
    When HDMI audio is on auto, my Denon x6700h does not recognise the DTS-HD track and plays it as stereo. When I change HDMI audio to raw then my Denon x6700h recognise the DTS-HD audio track and shows DTS-HD on the front panel.
    You have a Denon x8500, can you try to replicate? (put S/PDIF audio to off)

17. Markswift2003

I have a Denon 7200 and an 8500 - neither of them do this - both play DTS-HD as they should.

I might expect this kind of behaviour from say Kodi or Jellyfin if they were configured incorrectly, but not the Zidoo player which just does what the EDID says it should... If the EDID has the DTS-HD flag set (which the Denons obviously do - 8 channels, all sample rates bar 32KHz) and Audio is set to Auto or RAW, it justs spits out a DTS-HD bitstream.

18. altcoinfanatic

Fair enough, I will leave if for the time being on RAW.

Is it possible to telnet to the Zidoo z9x pro? I would like to copy things locally via terminal instead over samba because over samba it takes much more time.

19. Markswift2003

Blimey! Last time I telneted into anything I don't even thing the World Wide Web was a thing.

Honestly never tried. There's a UART connection inside if you want to get properly down and dirt though ;)

I've used SSH on previous devices and I assume it'd work on these but you need a server - something like SimpleSSHD

20. altcoinfanatic

@Markswift2003 I am not able to get dutch subtitles working. If i set to German or French then it works fine automatically. But if I set to dutch then it always goes to forced english and I have to change every single time manually to dutch which is very annoying.
    Is this a bug and can you replicate or is this something with my setting/firmware?