Zidoo Z1000 Pro - Controlling it via External Software

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by rozel, Feb 16, 2021.

1. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Hi all

I hope to acquire an External USB DAC shortly and wonder if there's a method of controlling it, without having to switch my whole system on. Is it possible for instance to control via a program on my Android Tablet?

Ideally I'd like a program installed on my Tablet, which will switch my Zidoo on and off, select the relevant output method (in this instance the USB DAC) and then select, play, stop and pause etc. Music Tracks and Albums etc. In other words without having to disturb my TV or switch it on and having to use a separate Remote.

My tablet is really very good at controlling my Yamaha Receiver but wonder what is available out there for the Zidoo?

Thanks

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Doesn't the Zidoo app do that?

3. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thanks @Markswift2003 - yes I've seen that but assumed it was for the previous Zidoo models. I'll install it and see what it can do. I'd also like to install UAPP, presumably I will have to install that on my Zidoo, but would there be a way to control that app's functions via the Zidoo App somehow? Or is this pie in the sky?

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Zidoo controller works nicely for all models and even added things like WOL for the new onces.
    The remote control feature of Zidoo Controller has also keys not available on the real remote.
    MP6 works very well via Zidoo Controller including setting output to USB. No way to control added APP's like UAPP using Zidoo Controller though.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  5. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Ok, thanks @Nice Monkey , much appreciated. Looking to play MQA music via Tidal and although I appreciate the USB DAC / Zidoo cannot do this, I am wondering if I install UAPP on the Zidoo I'll be able to achieve this somehow?

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

UAPP will support MQA too for sure after getting the optional MQA plugin. Tried MQA albums with UAPP without the plugin and got a pop-up warning/advice. Tidal is supported too so MQA from that source should just play.

7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Interesting and informative, thank you.