Zidoo Z10 : Loop restart "Boot - HOME" after recovery. Help me please.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by Thanos, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Thanos

Thanos Member

ZIDOO Z10 brick

Device purchased 5 days ago. After I recovered because of problems, my box is blocked.
    I bought the Zidoo Z10 after my previous Z9 was "BRICKED". And not even 5 days after buying the Z10 I am in the same situation.

- I used the restoration :
    https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/support_guide/guide_target/+NGNMlfRy9Xeq7k9e[ld]3ulg==.html
    And:
    https://www.mediafire.com/?12uqd2i5i1d1q#hzzvgdnya43o8
    ZIDOO_Z10_N_v1.7.8_201809301455_usb-install img

- Renamed to :
    install.img

- USB key is in FAT32 fotmat
    - Restart with install.img + the reset button does not work (USB 2.0, USB 3.0).
    - Zidoo remains locked for --UP

Please, this is my second BOX ZIDOO she did to me in a month.
    First I stopped working Z9S and now Z10, which I bought as a replacement.
    I'm helpless, please help me, I really want to cry out of this situation.
    . :(:(

Please, really nice, for the 2 Zidoo I paid all my savings , I can not just leave them in the box.
    Strongly Yours please help me..:oops:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

First question did you do this on both boxes?
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...om-15-05-1-to-19-07-0-rc-2.75478/#post-123392
    Not trivial as this overwrites part of the flash memory not being assigned to Android.

I liked updating the OpenWRT but the method used looked pretty dangerous to me as it may in fact overwrite also the bootloader.
    For this reason I resisted the temptation to try it.

Second question: Anything displayed on the TV? I guess not, as that happens only with an operational bootloader. If so an RMA is the only advice as the procedure is correct including pressing the PIN (seeing __UP).

3. Thanos

Thanos Member

No. Z10 was new, I only installed OpenWRT in Z9.
    Zidoo Z10 I bought a new one. The only thing I installed was an update to v2.3.10 which made me trouble, so I wanted to downgrade to v2.2.96 , but after using 1.7.8 install.img the box was blocked.

No. Black screen (I was waiting 10-20min)

I just have a doubt with the Zidoo file for recovery. 2x I used it, 2x my brick box.
    First Z9 and now my new Z10.
    (I didn't use the same USB keys, formatted on FAT32 under both Windows and Ubuntu)

PS: I think the situation is helpless.I haven't felt so bad for a long time..
    In any case, thank you for your help, that's how I feel myself, thank "Nice Monkey".

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Running v2.3.10 myself and definitely not perfect but stable enough for me.
    Nothing on the TV? Then RMA I am afraid to say. Not a Chinese direct sales box I hope?

It is not caused by the image for sure as it actually is not being installed at all. This can be concluded as the front display does not even move to "hello" when starting the bootloader with next the progress shown on the TV.
    Use my myself the USB2 port closest to the antenna on the left side for it on my Z9S. But I think they in fact all do work.