Zidoo Z 9 is there, but unanswered questions.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by indieke, Oct 21, 2018.

1. indieke

indieke New Member

Ok I received it yesterday. I had a zidoo x 9, which I resold, a Zappiti Hdr, and the latest Dune pro, all Realtek inside.

When I use the ThX disc, I have one problem in 1080 P, 8 bit on my 3 displays, that is clipping. This means that on the contrast, the inner lines of boxes are not visible. This can cause, bright scenes to have less depth, bit too agressive whites. I not say, that on every day video, this is really bothering, but the test pattern plays well on a Dune TV 101, and on my very old Oppo 93.

For the rest image is similar to other players. The zappiti, has a more forward contrast, the Dune, is just a tiny bit sharper, and less bright, but nothing that some tweaks cannot handle.

For the software, I think Zidoos is the better one. Many possibilities, combined, with fast processor. I had one file, where I could not find the subs, but it find it fast as lightening. Too see the latest added, many categories, like 4 K, Mkv, separated, makes it all easier. But many files, rather obvious to find, it failed. Much work, to find it by hand. Got at least 30 files to do.

But for music, again a huge disappointment! Ok it seems to play until 192 hz, that is good. But the player is really basic. In fact where is the Music player 3? I have 2 installed! You developers, should have a look at windows software J river. You can visual music, just like movies, the Gizmo remote app is great. I have made a personal libary, Classic Rock, Soul etc. I just create a folder Music choice, and I browse the folder, but I get the covers, so easier to select right one. On player and app. THIS is what people want. Easy settings too.

I had a few times already, the player stopped while watching a movie, green screen and goen. I had the player frozen, while testing too. It is good that update can be automatic, but be aware if you go to wall, it change all the time, and difficult to select then.

Now one question is, why can they fix the clipping in 1080 P? I think it has to do that the realtek is implanted for HDR 4 K, so larger palette.

Where can I download the Audio player 3?

And where the app for my phone to select the songs..... For the rest I not connect my external Dac with usb, it is a nice feature though, but I use Spdif for the moment.

колбаскин likes this.
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

@indieke Just look a bit more around. Most of your questions are long time answered: Finding music Player 3.0 (to be installed manually and in real alpha state but potentially doing many of the things you ask for) , USB DAC (not working yet),

Remote Control (works via any web browser, it is NOT using a special APP!).
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/web-remote-control.10809/

Leaving all Video settings on Auto works well for me. It really changes with the source that way, it is not a one time fixed adjustment.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  3. indieke

indieke New Member

Possible, but not easy, when new to the box. I would have preferred a real app then use webbrowser, but nevermind, I am in learning stag.

4. Nice Monkey

Using the webserver it will be difficult to see that it is not a special App. I like it as it is universal: any box with any size screeen and any OS can be used as long it has a webbrowser.

Hard to beat that!:)

5. indieke

indieke New Member

You have link to webbrowser?

Thank you

6. Nice Monkey

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/web-remote-control.10809/

Your Zidoo will tell you: goto APP's, next select Control Center! Finally put the IP-address: 9528 into any web-browser and there you go.
    Can also be done via scanning the generated QR code automatically!

Very simple but indeed done in a different way than most expect also "Control Center" could have been labeled "Remote Control Center". Many don't find it or just don't understand how to use the information provided there. There should also have been added some text explaining the "How-to-use".

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  7. indieke

indieke New Member

Thank you, will try this out