Web Remote Control

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by Akamolik, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Akamolik

Akamolik New Member

I cant believe I didn't notice the web remote control feature until now & I have to say it works great!

Is there any documentation or manual available for it? for the most part its simple but there are a few buttons at the top I don't know and would like to know if it has any additional settings,

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Yes, many fail to discover this nice and essential feature. Not just you.

For those others who did not discover it yet: go from the Main Menu ==> APP's ==> Control Center ==> Note the IP-Address of your Zidoo with Port-number 9528 and use it as input on any web-browser. Accessing the Zidoo player with it will provide an excellent Remote Control. :)
    One can also use the QR-code to get it working on a smartphone e.g. :)

As it works using a web-server on the Zidoo itself this will function using any OS with any size screen provided it includes a web-browser. Far better than a dedicated APP as that is OS and release dependent. No need to install anything at all!
    The only point is Zidoo is keeping this well hidden: The Control Center has no text to explain how to use it or even what it is meant for: setting up a browser to be used as a remote control.
    It is definitely not intuitive for most customers as it is now. :D

I highly recommend Zidoo to improve this as soon as possible. ;)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    am2 likes this.
  3. toshu

toshu Member

Is this the Control4 feature ?? It sounds like something else....

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

No Control4 is yet another way to control it, using an open standard.

This is about using a web-browser like Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge etc for Remote Control.