Zidoo X9 - Improvement suggestions

Discussion in 'General Development' started by Jens, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Jens

Jens Member

Any infos or progress in relation to chapter A and the items below?

2. Bruce Dempsey

Bruce Dempsey Member

- I would like some manual controls on the main unit
    - remember the time and date if unplugged and not depend on wifi 100% for info

3. warren_wh

warren_wh Active Member Staff Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Hi Bruce,Curious about this question, do you have any special purpose

4. Bruce Dempsey

Bruce Dempsey Member

Yes I do and most likely use the X9 differently than others.
    I am a professional videographer and use the x9 to record the hdmi output of a video switcher and consequently the unit is constantly unplugged, moved to a different venue then powered up in a strange place maybe without wifi access so the unit defaults to some Linux date in 2007 resulting in the recorded file names not reflecting the current date and time but rather sept 1 2007. A little cmos/battery as found in other computers would do.
    The other issue of physical buttons relate to preserving file integrity of the hdmi in video being recorded in the event that the rc becomes disabled or otherwise unavailable to stop recording because if the x9 is simply switched Off during a recording, the file may be corrupted and unretreiveable.
    Be nice to have start stop physical buttons as well.

5. CHUBBYMARIO

CHUBBYMARIO New Member

WHT'S PiP feature???o_O

6. Jens

Jens Member

PiP = Picture in Picture ... I assume the requester wants to have a feature that allows to show the HDMI input in a seperate window on the screen while the main content is running on full screen.

7. warren_wh

warren_wh Active Member Staff Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

I know, but I'm sorry to tell you that can't save the time, because x9 without battery. Maybe you can try by connecting to the network time with your mobile phone to get to the hotspot.

8. Bruce Dempsey

Bruce Dempsey Member

ok i will try

9. Drdan

Drdan New Member

Checking on any progress here? Just tried to record my first preseason football game and the recording was truncated at 3.17GB. It got to the end of the 3rd quarter and stopped. No additional file was created. I got 2 hours and 17 minutes from a recording request of 3 hours and 30 minutes. My main reason for getting the x9 was to record these games so I could skip over the 2 plus hours of commercials during playback.

Please please please get this fixed before the regular season begins on September the 10th.
    Thank you for your understanding and consideration.
    Dr Dan

10. icebrkr

icebrkr New Member

Instead of 'Recorder' a super basic/simple "Live TV" or "HDMI" app would be great. I honestly couldn't care less about recording. Nix the recording options/features of the Recorder app and make a bare-bones HDMI pass-thru app that works with all types of audio. Currently, audio drops out when some commercials come on or I can't hear anything on certain channels or even certain shows. If you're going to do a "Recorder" App, you might as well make it a full-fledge DVR type App with options to change channels at certain times and full schedule recording.

11. Scott

Scott Member

Update the superrepo.xml with the correct superrepo for this version of kodi as the one in all updates is wrong as its ver 5.xx which is for Gotham 13.xx
    Thanks

12. Freddie

Freddie New Member

How about fix VPN issue, not sure why no VPN tunneling software works, but I haven't had any luck with many VPN apps. Seems IPVanish is very popular, so it would be great if you can look into that. Also, I agree with the Gigabit lan request as well.

Also, many people would like to be able to use game pads, whether it be a PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 or Xbox one...or just a generic one. I know the Mogo is supposed to work, but why not add support for more since many of us already have xbox or ps controllers. That would be awesome!

There are more suggestions, but those are two important ones that would help with the functionality of the box. Also, i have tried all the bluetooth apps, and axis apps to get my other controllers to work and haven't had much luck. Oh yeah, I have 4.4 or whatever that latest bios is that was shipped with current X9s.

Oh yeah, one more major thing is the audio pass-through....can you please either fix the HDMI audio pass-through or post something somewhere on how we can fix it. I did everything I found, 2.0 channels, pass-through, optimum, etc... I've tried every combination in Kodi and in the main audio settings with no luck. My receiver works fine with every other device I have, Xbox One, PS3, etc... just not the X9. Please fix this.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  13. Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect New Member

OK I think this is the right topic.
    I received my X9 yesterday so here are my first impressions
    HDMI in was the main reason of my purchase so any improvement here is welcome.
    I tried a Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse it works perfect but needs a USB dongle
    any body had success with blue tooth devices ?
    WIFI is interesting but as I have an Ethernet cable it is mostly the access point feature that I intend to use .
    The X9 being in my living room and able to use 5GHz make him ideal for that purpose.
    NAS / DLNA feature with the USB3 port are precious too in my opinion.
    Having the content of an SD card accessible from anywhere in my home network is nice.

14. papiguy

papiguy Member

Do not forget this device is an Android one! Prefer accessories tagged "Android".
    I am using a Samsung keyboard and a HP mouse, both using bluetooth without any problem.

15. Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect New Member

Thanks
    I will try to find an Android keyboard/mouse ,it has to be in French AZERTY ,this reduce choice.
    For the file system of USB disk or SD card in order to avoid 4Go splitting of recordings is there
    an advantage to prefer EXT2 FS instead of NTFS ?

16. papiguy

papiguy Member

I am afraid you will find only english azerty keyboard, that means lack of "circumflex accent" (no more a problem in France by now :D )
    Ext2 will not be read by windows systems. If this is not a problem for you, why not choosing Ext3 which is more performant ?

Advantages of Ext compared to NTFS: no fragmentation and access control more secure.

nb: please create another thread for such questions as this one relates to "improvements" suggested by members. ;)

17. Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect New Member

As there is USB3 support I wonder if a swap file/partition on it could be of any use ?
    May be it's detection and use could be implemented in the boot process.
    It seems the hotspot function has to be manually started from the UI
    It would be nice to be able to do it from the network or at boot.
    Choosing the channel used don't seems possible for example a 5 GHz one.
    Support for DVBT/FM/DAB USB dongles would be nice.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  18. JAD

JAD New Member

19. JAD

JAD New Member

Hi there,

I found a solution for this problem (support TrueHD and DTS-HD on Zidoo X9).

From this - http://www.zidoo.tv/Support/downloadList/target/rdOqbsJTP8k=.html ..... download v1.0.3.5

Reinstall the software (clean installation).

After installation go to Settings -> Sound -> S/PDIF -> choose RAW option

In KODI go to System , switch on Expert in Settings level (down page) after that go to Audio output and activate Enable Passthrough.

In this moment you must see this option available:

Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver
    Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC3) capable receiver
    DTS capable receiver
    TrueHD capable receiver
    DTS-HD capable receiver

This option: Passthrough output device is still deactivate. No problem.

Open Google Play using Zidoo X9 an search SPMC app.
    Install on Zidoo X9.
    Open a movie with SPMC.
    Go to option and activate Passthrough (Android, IEC Passthrough)

Done.

Sorry for my english.

I hope this help you.

20. warmq

warmq New Member

woh,great discussion
    I am learning video editor now. So I wish to make some interesting videos. But those video sources are too large to store on the computer. haha, any video to DVD burner recommended?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018