ZIDOO X6 Support 3D and 7.1 ch in kodi

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by mirror, Sep 6, 2015.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

2. DragonFly

DragonFly Member

Before there are any more misunderstandings about audio playback in Kodi:
    • Does this mean in can do flawless audio pass-trough in Kodi for supported formats?
    • If so, please specify supported audio formats like DTS HD, DTS Master Audio, Dolby Digital TrueHD, Dolby Atmos
    • Which version of Kodi are you releasing on the X6?
    • Does this work Out of the box or is a 'special' Kodi needed?

3. DenisDA

DenisDA Member Beta test group

This with special version Kodi? Where stock firmware download?

4. Movie78

Movie78 Member Beta test group

Just received my Zidoo X6 and 3D.ISO is not working.
    Either the file is playing as SBS or 2D

Any Help?

5. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Now Completed the two way 1080P decoding, but because of the reasons for HDMI EDID. The custom KODI does not send 3D signals to the tv. So it looks like SBS, we're in the check this problem.You can change your TV's 3D model to left/right temporary

6. Movie78

When will this get fixed.

This is very important feature that I would like to use on this player.
    Beside that everything seems to work flawlessly.

7. funkybudda

funkybudda New Member

Why would you not do proper quality assurance testing before selling the product? This feature is listed and promoted.

You guys are bad for business.

8. Movie78

Just give them a little bit of time,the product just got release and they already found the issue.

9. rafarataneneces

rafarataneneces Member Beta test group

No, please don't buy this product.

It has potential, however at the moment as soon as you change inputs in your AV Receiver, boom, be ready to hissss noise that will blow your speakers away.

I am lucky the speakers weren't on 100% otherwise I might even damage the $3000+ speaker system I have on my living room.

It works great, but just don't change inputs on your AVR. Lol.

In other words, it does NOT work.

The product doesn't work.

HDMI passthrough works, ATMOS WORKS, however, you need to disable/enable passthrough after you switch inputs if you want to continue watching the movie.

Horrible, absolutely horrible.
    I agree with funkybudda

'Why would you not do proper quality assurance testing before selling the product? This feature is listed and promoted.'
    Agreed 100%

10. siamsquare

siamsquare New Member Beta test group

Please be patient. I,ve used media players for over a decade now and they all had bugs when they first came out! All the Tvix, Popcorns, Dunes and Meder8ers were buggy!
    Give it some time, report the bugs in a constructive manner and if the devs are serious about this product then they will try and fix all of our products, I hope!
    These are not Sonys or Panasonics!

11. rafarataneneces

I was just giving advice to a person that might have invested a LOT of money in top of the line speakers.
    I have spent 4+ months building the best living room I can afford and every single cent has been gathered with endless nights of programming.

I understand bugs.
    I do not understand bugs that destroy other's people's hardware.
    That is why there should be QA

12. siamsquare

Only top brands can afford extensive testing! Media players belong to a whole other segment. They sell cheap and there is your answer....we are the testers.
    I also have expensive hardware but haven't had your problem yet so it can be brand related!

13. HoneCharles

HoneCharles Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

I don't know how you did it, you can say it in detail or more ,the best way to record a video give us then we will found the problem and fix it.

14. rafarataneneces

here is the YouTube video

happens with ANY CODEC Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, DTS, DTS-HD, Dolby True HD (Atmos)

Happens with ANY program that plays MKV movies. They revert back to PCM.

Problem is HDMI gets disconnected then connected again and audio out changes back to PCM and then those weird noises happen.

Any estimate of when can this be fixed please?

I am considering filing a refund I don't want my speakers to have permanent damage :'(

15. Movie78

That is a YAMAHA i see on the video,I have the A3050, i will test some MKV's tonight and let you know.

16. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Do you have CEC on your receiver, maybe receiver send incorect info, try disable CEC. Some hight end receiver have CEC that send info to tv, blu-ray etc. EDIT: I must apologize maybe zidoo receive incorect info ....

17. siamsquare

I can't get kodi to; play 3DBD with fw 1.0.18 even when output is set to 1080/24

18. funkybudda

funkybudda New Member

thanks for agreeing with me.

THis product sucks.

This company sucks.

This dev team sucks.

19. rafarataneneces

I never said it sucks.
    I said do not buy the product until it is ready because it seems the software is in beta.

I didn't say it sucks.

20. rafarataneneces

I disabled HDMI Control (CEC), and the same thing happened.