Zidoo X10 on the display does not work symbol HDR

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by him70, Feb 7, 2018.

1. him70

him70 New Member

Hello all.
    On my prefix Zidoo x10, the HDR symbol on the vfd display is not displayed when playing UHD HDR content.
    TV Samsung ue55hu7000 4K without support for HDR. I tried all the firmware that was available for the X10, up to version 2.0.5. Stops and resets the gallery's cache and quick settings. Did the reset to factory settings.
    And at the very beginning, when I purchased the console, the firmware v.1.3.0 was installed, the USB 3.0 interface was not working. Updated to v.1.4.12 by air. USB 3.0 is working, but the "MOVIE" symbol disappeared on the display. The display of this icon appeared only with the installation of the next firmware v.14.16 OTA. So I thought that installing more recent firmware, I'll get the activation of the "HDR" symbol, but it did not work out. But it can not be such (my opinion) that a TV that does not support an extended dynamic range does not allow the player to activate the "HDR" symbol on the vfd display. Nonsense.
    By the way, the conversion of HDR to SDR and back does not give any result - the image always remains bright and juicy, there is no hint of bleakness when setting the switch in the HDR position.
    Help, please solve the problem? Or is it a factory marriage?

2. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

Hi!

Not sure if i fully understand your Problem. But as you have already stated that your TV does NOT Support HDR i would assume that the box detects this and gives out SDR. In this case it would be fully intended that the HDR Symbol on the Display is off.

3. him70

him70 New Member

Hi.
    From your answer I understood one thing. If the TV is not HDR, then the "HDR" icon on the Zidoo X10 vacuum-fluorescent display (Photo 1) will not be displayed. Did I understand you correctly?

Attached Files:

4. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

...well i am just another user, no Zidoo technican or expert. Therefore everything i am writing here is just best guessing.

I know from my x10 that the HDR Symbol on the Display works fine when i Play HDR Content to my (HDR compatible) TV.

I would think the HDR Symbol on the display lights up when the box gives out a HDR Signal. As the box is pretty smart in dectecting the capabilities (Resolution, Frame rate, Colors space...) of the connected Display i would think, the box "knows" that your TV does not Support HDR and changes to SDR (wich leads to the HDR Symbol on the Display goin off).

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The behavior is absolute correct. If you want to see specifications of the source use info.

6. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

...i think the main question is:
    - Is the HDR Symbol intended to go on when the source material contains HDR? or
    - Is it intended to go on when the box gives out a HDR Signal?

@him70: Have you checked the HDR Setting of your box (Quick Settings/Playback/HDR?)

7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

All symbols on the front screen are meant to reflect what is active. If the video is 4K but your TV is just 1080P the same will happen.
    Also Wi-Fi and BT will neither turn on active when just a signal is received, it must be communicating with something.

8. him70

him70 New Member

Hi,
    Reelyator
    Yes, I checked. HDR is enabled.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  9. him70

him70 New Member

Hi,
    Nice Monkey
    Yes, all the symbols on the display reflect activity. When playing 4K, my TV shows 4K video (without HDR, because it does not support)
    I think that need to buy a TV with the support of a real HDR and only then the "HDR" symbol will appear on my Zidoo X10. Right?

10. him70

him70 New Member

I want to know exactly where the signal comes from to turn on the "HDR" symbol on the X10 display - from the TV or it happens inside the box. Then everything will be clear.

11. viom

viom New Member

It's true! Via receiver that not supports HDR - no HDR icon, but if I connect X10 direct to my TV that supports HDR I have HDR icon. Don't worry - buy HDR TV, mediaplayer works good.

12. him70

him70 New Member

Hi, viom.
    Thank you very much.
    You calmed me down, I thought Zidoo X10 did not work.