Zidoo X10 don't play UHD BDRemux 2160p 4K HEVC

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by ISA, Jan 18, 2018.

1. ISA

ISA New Member

I bought the Zidoo X10. I updated the firmware to v1.4.12. Zidoo does not play mkv files UHD BDRemux 2160p HDR 10-bit HEVC. Writes "Can't play video". TV Samsung UE49KS7000.

2. ISA

ISA New Member

Update: Zidoo play files from SMB, but don't play from HDD. Writes "Can't play video".

3. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

try upgrade 1.5.0

4. kayama728

kayama728 Member Beta test group

try other file

5. JohnS

JohnS Member

It plays normally from HDD, there must be smth wrong with your settings

6. ISA

ISA New Member

Online update writes "Your software is up to date". How upgrade to version 1.5.0?

7. tosh123

tosh123 Member

8. ISA

ISA New Member

I upgrade firmware to v1.5.0. But all files don't play from HDD. Including avi, mkv, SD, 1080p. I try HDD 2Tb NTFS that was init on PC with USB dock station. On mediaplayer "Dune HD Smart H1" all files play normal. On Zidoo X10 writes "Can't play video".

9. kayama728

kayama728 Member Beta test group

you haven't correctly add path with permission. delete it and add again

10. ISA

ISA New Member

I don't understand. I write files on HDD under Windows 10 using Administrator account.

11. ISA

ISA New Member

I found the reason. The file is not played if it has an attribute 'Compressed'.
    Developers, can you fix this in future versions of firmware?
    (The attribute change takes a long time.)

12. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

I think Zidoo will be unable to handle windows file compression. But why not ask for?

Is not a good choice enable this compression, useful only for not already compressed files (audio and video are VERY compressed) , and not recommended even by Microsoft, it slows down PC performances (even a little, but depends on HW), and gain not very much space on the average.

The only thing you can do is to connect the HDD to your PC and uncompress the drive at all.
    Sorry, very long...