Zidoo - Video Tutorial

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

my debt !

it’s too bad, but I know what you mean. . .

PS: i think zidoo has a great basic structure ,, but i find unfortunately only that the software is very bad..

2. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

I am very happy with HT4, if you don't get along with it, follow Nice Monkey's advice and use another software.
    HT4 is not Kodi, it is a simple and clear application with good and in-depth functions, but it is not a jack of all trades. Either get along with it or use another app.

OlivierQC and xskip like this.
  3. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Indeed, I am also satisfied with Posterwall, simple and customizable, it does its job properly

4. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Posterwall is fine and powerful in configuration, although the IU maybe improved but it depends of specific user display.

5. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

I'd say posterwall is really pretty good from a GUI and usability standpoint. It's not up to par with the official Plex apps, IMO, but really good.

But HT4's matching capability is subpar, which is why I have been using Andy's Jellyfin app. HT4 will frequently create separate posters for episodes in the same series and season to often - and the files are in the exact same folder and named with the same convention. That is just far too frustrating/irritating for me. Manually matching them is a pain in the arse - so I use Jellyfin as it has a server back end with a mature, polished series/move matching algorithm.

6. OlivierQC

Here is an information video that is specifically aimed at new Zidoo users.

-----------

In this video I tried to gather information on a recurrent questioning...

What type of storage device can I install in my media box (Z10PRO and up) ?

This video is not intended to tell you which hard drive to buy or which hard drive is best, but to help you make an informed choice based on your needs.

===============

Chapter video

00:00 Introduction
    0:24 Which storage unit is compatible ?
    1:23 5400RPM or 7200RPM ?
    2:43 Maximum storage capacity ?
    3:35 For those who have sensitive hearing
    4:14 Conclusion
    4:24 What do I use as HDD
    5:20 How to format a HDD (new or used) using your Zidoo ?
    6:45 Zidoo videos/tutorials link

See you soon

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
    thenextvision likes this.
  7. Bdub48

Bdub48 Member

Hi,

Not sure if this is relative to this forum but i was wondering how do i get my Z9x show the description and movie details like the actors trailers etc? When I click on the poster itself it just go straight to the movie and plays without showing the details.

Thanks
    Bdub48

8. Onwrathz

Onwrathz New Member

There is a setting in Posterwall, says something like "play move" or "load info first". Basically a toggle between the two options. I am not near my zidoo, but it is pretty easy to find once you know what to look for. To get to these settings it is in the top right corner of the posterwall next to sources. I believe it is a gear icon. I can't recall which settings screen it is on, but if memory serves, it is on the one with a large number of options and a bunch of radial choices. If you still have trouble, I will follow-up later once I get near Zidoo (just in case I am mistaken as well).

9. Bdub48

Bdub48 Member

Hi Onwrathz,

Thank You Very much.

Bdub48

Onwrathz likes this.
  10. idlebrain

idlebrain New Member

@OlivierQC - Can you please do a video like others you made, for the "Digital Signage Mode" usage? I was looking all over the web but couldn't find one that's useful.

11. OlivierQC

Hello idlebrain.

I tried this option and it's pretty cool.

Yes I will make a small tutorial for this, it can be used for example to make a playlist of movie scenes to show to friends who want to see our home theater system in operation.

idlebrain likes this.
  12. idlebrain

idlebrain New Member

Thanks for your time. Looking forward to it.

13. OlivierQC

You are welcome,

I finish my new video about settings and then I make it

Teacher and idlebrain like this.
  14. OlivierQC

Update of the presentation on page 1

And replace my old video ''Zidoo - Settings - RTD1619DR'' by this one ''Zidoo - Realtek RTD1619DR - Settings - FW 6.4.42'' more complete in the explanations for the main options on page 1

Thanks to Zidoo, Marksift2003 and Nice Monkey for their help.

------------

This is my first bilingual video (English/French of a long series to come)

------------

Zidoo - Realtek RTD1619DR - Settings - FW 6.4.42

See you soon

15. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Interesting and easy for any user demand. Great work!!

16. cappy1

cappy1 Member

Your "Add Personal Video" tutorial works great for one video using the “disc demo” dummy movie. But unless I am missing something each additional video required another dummy. I have 60 family/travel videos, so you can imagine the amount of random searching it required to find this many suitable movies. I fear that the time involved may be a barrier for most forum members with multiple videos. All these videos are already on Vimeo, but I do enjoy the convenience of accessing them with the Zidoo in their original quality.

PS: Thank you for your efforts with the tutorials... a very helpful source of info.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
  17. OlivierQC

Hello cappy1,

Yes it's sure that it must be long to do with such a large number of personal videos and it remains a troubleshooting solution, maybe one day Zidoo will offer a feature to simplify this.

Thanks for your encouragement :)

Hello visconti12

Thanks for your encouragement :)

18. OlivierQC

Zidoo RTD1619DR - What is Digital signage mode ?

Welcome to this new bilingual video tutorial (English / French)

A video that talks about the Digital Signage Mode and what you can do with it.

See you soon

idlebrain likes this.
  19. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

You're most welcome. Stay around!!

20. idlebrain

idlebrain New Member

@OlivierQC - Thanks for the DSM video. I will try the procedure.