[?] Zidoo Question

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by gyrene2083, May 5, 2023.

1. gyrene2083

gyrene2083 Member

Hello All,

I'm upgrading to my first-ever OLED and figured it was time to revisit my setup. I have been using NVIDIA Shield for all my streaming. I've had 2015, 2017, and presently the 2019 PRO models.

I also stream an 80 TB UNRaid Server to the Shield. I've been using PLEX (and Emby for those times that Plex acts up). I have everything named as per TMDB & TVDB. I also have Kodi .nfo files. Each of my movie folders has a .jpg, .nfo, and .mkv file.

I don't need storage as I have that already on my network, (not sure which model of zidoo would be good for me, but I would love some suggestions, I was looking at the Z1000Pro.

So here is my question, when importing from my NAS to zidoo, will it use the .jpg & .nfo file that I have in the folder, or will it create its own? If the ladder is the case, where does it store these files? Will it store anything on my server, or do I need to get a hard drive for it and it'll store it there?

I ask because I would really hate for my files to be touched as there are 80 TBs worth of them. I also am not the only one that uses PLEX, it's set up for family use. I would be the only one using the Zidoo though.

I know this was a ton and I apologize, I was just trying to provide the most information to get the most help.

Thank you all in advance,
    gyrene2083

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

If you don't need storage then personally I'd either get a Z9X or wait for the new Z9X Pro (available in July). All models have the same image/bitstream audio quality.

As for the jpgs/nfos, it depends on the naming. The Zidoo uses the following formats for poster, fanart and nfo naming:

MovieName-poster.jpg
    MovieName-fanart.jpg
    MovieName.nfo

like this:

upload_2023-5-5_23-15-59.png

You have to set nfo and local art priority in settings to use these otherwise online resources are used and nfos are Kodi compliant.

It will only save files to your sources if you specifically export them - it's not automatic - so you can control that and when exported, files are stored in the movie's folder as shown above.

gyrene2083 likes this.
  3. gyrene2083

gyrene2083 Member

Thank you so much, I do the files setup as posted, and also good to know that it stores the files locally by default. I am so glad you said there is a Z9X Pro coming in July, as I had the Z1000Pro in my cart ready to buy. lol

Thank you so much. Do you recommend any videos or reading in the meantime?

4. Markswift2003

This is a good place to start:

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/zidoo-video-tutorial.93354/

gyrene2083 likes this.
  5. gyrene2083

gyrene2083 Member

Thanks again so much, I have much to go through and am looking forward to doing so.

6. gyrene2083

gyrene2083 Member

Hello again. I was wondering with my current setup;

2000 - Movies 1080p & 720p
    300 - 4k Movies
    2,255 - TV Shows
    1,993 - 4k TV Shows

Would the Z9X- Pro have an issue with this all? Will the 32gb onboard storage be enough? I only expect my collection to grow. Right now I have everything on Plex running through my Nvidia Shield Pro, as I mentioned above.

Would going the Z1000Pro route help with the 32 GB storage db? I also saw that it has a BT Remote, which would be great as I have the Shield hidden. The Z9X pro comes with an IR remote but you could purchase the BT Remote and use that, correct? I assume that DV & Dolby Atmos passthrough is a non-issue for the Z9x Pro, right?

I am concerned with the db growing more considerably than the onboard storage. I would love to hear your thoughts and advice.

Thank you,
    gyrene2083

7. Markswift2003

Nope - no problem at all.

BT remote will work.

DV & Atmos passthrough, no problem.

It's a SQLite database, so it's kilobytes or megabytes, not gigabytes.

gyrene2083 likes this.
  8. gyrene2083

gyrene2083 Member

You are my new Best Friend brother! Can't wait until July!!!!