Zidoo Neo S audio USB Player pro

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Jerzy, Apr 6, 2023.

1. Jerzy

Jerzy New Member

Hello. How to install and buy audio usb player pro on Zidoo neo s ? No google store or web browser.

2. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 7, 2023
  3. Jerzy

Jerzy New Member

Thanks for the tips. Yes, I mean USB Audio Player Pro UAPP. I just don't know if I can buy via Zidoo. I downloaded the trial version of USB Audio Player Pro from the official UAPP website and installed it on Zidoo Neo S. When I click buy a license in the application, Zidoo does not respond and does not move to the store. Maybe one of the Zidoo experts knows how to buy the full version of USB Audio Player Pro UAPP installed on Zidoo as a trial?

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@Jerzy - have you tried using a std cable or bluetooth mouse? I use a Bluetooth mouse with my Z1000 Pro and would have thought something like this, or even a standard USB cable mouse would work. At first I too had difficulty navigating through installed apps - even installing Google Play Store, which I appreciate you can't anyway - and a mouse transformed how I use my Zidoo. That said there is always something you need the Std Zidoo Remote for though. I installed the UAPP trial at first and faced the same issue as yourself. Using a mouse made things like "click here" or boxes where you need to enter inf in Apps etc a doddle. It should also bring up the Keyboard for input too. If you install a Bluetooth mouse, it will need pairing first in "Advanced Settings". I'm pretty sure you can install - as the second thread I referred to earlier was for a Neo Alpha which works no problem, I'm told, so would think it'll work for a Neo S too.

Good luck!

5. Jerzy

Jerzy New Member

Supports Neo S remote control from Zidoo Z10pro. The remote control has a mouse option and controls the Neo S well. I move the mouse on Amazon Music and Spotify installed on the Zidoo Neo S and it's fine, so I don't think I need a bloototh mouse, so the problem with buying UAPP is not in controlling the Zidoo. I don't know how to do it anymore.

6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Not sure I understand you properly. Are you saying you use the remote from a Z10 Pro to control the NEO S ? If you are maybe you ought to try a different mouse and see how it goes. You presumably have a simple mouse from a PC or Mac that you could borrow just to see.

If I misunderstand you please try and explain some more

7. Jerzy

Jerzy New Member

What am I doing wrong? I installed on zidoo neo s apkmirror and what's next. I tried to install google store or web browser from this application but it doesn't work. There is no UAPP in apkmirror. Damn, I can't get the uapp in any way.

8. Jerzy

Jerzy New Member

I installed Firefox on Zidoo neo s. Logging into the Play Store. I click on buy audio USB Player pro, then the store asks what device you want to install on. My tablets and other computers are on the list and Zidoo is not. So I can't buy and download on Zidoo. I give up. The Play Store cannot be installed on Zidoo Neo S. Is it possible to install UAPP on Zidoo Neo S at all?

9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

10. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Hey @Jerzy - not sure if the above helps you - it was late when I wrote that and feeling worse for the wear as I'd been at an Easter party lol!

Ok - I'll try to guide you but first you don't need a web browser : -

1. First from another device (separate from your Neo), download the .apk file - see link in my previous post.
    2. After downloading the .apk file transfer it to your Neo - I'd go for the root directory or maybe the "Android" folder
    3. Once there, double click it, just as if it were an ".exe" file and it will install UAPP
    4. Then read this post for a different .apk on a Neo Alpha: - http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/install-google-play-on-neo-alpha.95462/ post #16
    5. Open the programme but as mentioned previously you may need a mouse, if either of your Zidoo remotes don't work, to insert your credentials (Username & Password). That is though only if you have set up an account already with UAPP on another device, say your phone for example.

Then you should be good to go

11. Jerzy

Jerzy New Member

I did exactly as you answered. I installed UAPP on my Zidoo and the program doesn't start, so I can't enter any data. I also tried with different versions of uapp with modded. None start up. Only uapp trial version launched but cannot be purchased. Well, thank you very much for your willingness to help. It's hard not.

12. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Not sure you understand apk files. It will have started, running in the background and installing the program. The reason you think it hasn't is because you've not read the second link I provided properly - post #16. The app needs "adding" after the apk has been run, then you'll see the program to open it. Please read carefully.

13. Jerzy

Jerzy New Member

I did exactly as you write. uapp file with the computer from the link above, then I won to the Android folder in Zidoo. I double clicked uapp installed. The icon appeared on the screen. Just in case, I added the uapp icon again using the plus add button, probably as in post No. 16. And the uapp does not start after clicking on the icon.

14. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Sorry, I don't know what else I can say.

Maybe @Markswift2003 or @Nice Monkey could add something - maybe we are struggling with an impossibility perhaps?

15. Jerzy

Jerzy New Member

Well, I'm very curious. I've already tried to install the Play store on Zidoo, different versions of the uapp, I tried using a web browser and it won't work. I tried to register Zidoo in Play store but Zidoo neo s does not show GSF ID. I am willing to pay up to $20 for a uapp.

16. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Never tried to install UAPP on a Neo player. You really need Playstore and Google registration working for UAPP to certify it is registered as it checks this real time at start-up.
    Never understood why UAPP doesn't want to come with a special version for Android TV. Made that suggestion to them directly.

Music Player is not that bad anymore and learned to live with it working as it is now on my Neo Players.
    I have good hope for DMP-A6 and its APP being ported later to the Neo models specifically as that is what I do expect to come. It may take some time though.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2023
  17. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Nothing I can add either - I don't use any third party apps.

18. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification guys - shame :( Do you know why the Neo's are different in this respect?

You know my feelings about the differences between UAPP and MP7 - I much prefer UAPP as it is so much easier to use for 2-channel stuff. But if you have a Tidal or Qobuz subscription, then it makes UAPP the out and out winner.

19. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Can only guess. The only big difference here is the Dual Screen which may confuse Google Play Services?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2023
  20. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

It's a pity - sorry again @Jerzy that I could not help