ZDMC(base on kodi 16.0 final)release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by spring, Feb 26, 2016.

1. spring

spring Guest

2. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

yes spring :(:confused::mad::(:(:(
    so we should send back all our stuff to zidoo zyber7???
    what is zidoo planning on new devices without rk chip, so they can send us then this device? :)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    fdishy likes this.
  3. cyber7

cyber7 Active Member Beta test group

This is bad on so many levels! FFS!

4. nakata

nakata Member Beta test group

@ grummel2005

Without having the intention to offend you

I do not know your age but maybe I have the age of your grandfather or at best of your father and really i got tired of your pessimistic mood and your negative comments can you please stop asking for perfection and come back to the real world where there is nothing perfect

PS
    Please get the above as an advice and not as attack
    Sorry for my english but at the age of 65 years is not easy to learn better english

cielledi likes this.
  5. grummel2005

i am not very far of your age nakata so i am experienced in live and some devices before x6 you know?
    i did not put in those comments from kodi site so do not blame me - blame cyber which startet the thread there :)
    i am only asking questions which are obvious to thse which read the thread on kodi forum
    when rk chip is not good supported by kodi and zidoo tells us that on the device is running with kodi with all expressed features then i have to ask whats goin on
    kodi tells us that e.g. the x6 is not running with right specifications of android as i understand so something is running wrong then
    this has nothing to do with perfection, this has all to do with things they promised when we all bought the device and step by step the problems comes up to us all
    if you are happy with the device i am asking me bymyself why you are in this forum?
    if i have a device which is running like i want to have it is not worth to come here and write - okai?
    a lot of devices are like cars, where after you bought them they tell us you cannot use the radio above 50 km/h or you only can drive without heating e.g. :)

6. spring

spring Guest

Hi all:
    Our team is a production team. we do not reject any chip set, maybe we will use RK3399, anybe we also use the S912 in our next production, if the chip set fit our production, and we will use it.
    Maybe the kodi team will say: the rkcodec is not the standard android API, you must use the mediacodec, we could not accept it.(but except the amlogic ).
    but we will say: no matter, we will do it!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2016
    Adl, Paulus, Carlos Garces and 2 others like this.
  7. grummel2005

sorry spring but it is not the theme, that rkcodec is not the standard android api
    i understood that the x6 and your "programmed runarounds" is not confirmed with the standards of android
    as i understood is, that kodi - and specially 16 and 17 - are running 100% via the android standard and therefore kodi runs on all platforms which are confirmed with android standards
    maybe i understand anything wrong but this i read on some forums - not only with your device - others have the problem too
    so if you produce a device which is confirmed 100% to android standard all apps are running 100% which are programmed 100% to android standards

8. Solo_7777777

Solo_7777777 New Member

Attached Files:

9. Clearboy

Clearboy New Member

ZDMC is not work on Zidoo X9.

If selected video file for play. ZDMC is close. Music file is playing.

Selected Video type. AVI, and MP4 and MKV. Sound Type : DTS, Dolby Digital and AC3 all of them is not working.

10. cobra78

cobra78 Member

It won't work as it's for Rockchip processors.
    You need to use a Kodi that is made for MSTAR processors that is inside Zidoo X9 like here
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/release-the-source-code-of-xbmc-modified-by-zidoo-x9.350/ or
    http://www.vidon.me/vidon_xbmc.htm
    official Kodi will also give problems as they don't support MSTAR processors, you need to use a custom Kodi.

11. grummel2005

Wrong Forum Area - This is X6-Area!

12. Goujam

Goujam Member

You missed a big detail out here the reason kodi works with amlogic is because amlogic made there API open source and worked with kodi. Rk would not open the API they used and refused to stick to android standards. Now everyone moans that kodi doesn't work with rk chips. I ignored the signs when I brought the x6 but I won't buy a rk chip again.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2016
    grummel2005 likes this.
  13. Mafarricos

Mafarricos New Member Beta test group

Would be possible to zdmc have it own id?
    I would like to have both official and zidoo version installed, but right now isnt possible.
    any feedback on this?

14. grummel2005

15. bovirus

bovirus Member Beta test group

@spring
    No update about ZDMC 16.1 (as you released for X5)?
    The ZDMC 16.1 can be sued on X6?

16. grummel2005

i do not think so @bovirus because x6 zdmc is special for the chips within x6 and those are others then in x5 - or not?

17. spring

spring Guest

the ZDMC16.1 is for X5, and we will develop 16.1 for X6.

18. bovirus

bovirus Member Beta test group

@spring
    Please update X6 ZDMC version.
    X6 is one of your top productand it's quite strange that it's a step back than cheaper product like X5.
    Should be better to relase any new ZDMC release for both X5 and X6.

19. fdishy

fdishy Member

I am happy with the Zidoo X6 in every way. I am concerned about future updates as often as Kodi likes to make them. I sell them along with other models. One model that starts with a T and has many makes and models runs on the official Kodi 16.0 but I had 14 failures on their firmware last year and had to use 3rd party firmware after they lost all of their memory completely for no reason. Some of the sales were out of State so I ate the loss of postage and labor and looked stupid to be selling that product. I have not had a failure yet with a Zidoo X6 except one blue led does not light up yet the box runs fine. The time I lost selling that other big name box was terrible. I won't go back to them. For now I am using the SPMC 16.2 in the "T" boxes and they run fine. More than half of them had to be updated with the firmware so I started changing it before loading Kodi to prevent positive failures in the future. To the best of my knowledge they still have not updated their firmware to correct their problems but Zidoo had updated their firmware over the air several times without me making a single house call. Instead they made a new cheaper model that came with 14.2 on it but would not accept 15.2 Kodi software that everyone else was already shipping with. It sat here for months until the final version of 16.0 accepted it and I sold it. No more of those, thank you. The Zidoo costs a little more but I have no service issues with it. That is worth it to me. Since SPMC has released 16.2 I wonder why you guys still want 16.1? The 16.2 was written by the same guy I am told and it restores in 3 minutes. Much faster than any previous versions. First I install either SPMC 16.2 or ZDMC 16.0 then restore the same backed up file on both types of boxes with no problem. I don't have to enable anything, one file. If I can continue updates like that I am happy. I think 17 will be done automatically on the Zidoo, just a guess.

20. cobra78

cobra78 Member

Hi
    Kodi and SPMC use completely different file versions.
    Kodi is only at 16.1 at the moment while SPMC uses a version 16.2.1, but they use completely different reasoning so you can't compare apples with pears.
    Zidoo can also not switch between official Kodi and SPMC based custom ZDMC's the whole time otherwise users are going to become angry.
    But Rockchip is working on their own official Media Centre app based on Kodi which will be updated regularly, so people don't have to worry about Kodi support being limited and Zidoo also supports their own ZDMC, don't know if they will use Rockchip's version or still adapt their own ZDMC in the future but you have 2 companies providing support.
    People that don't use Rockchip devices and ones like Hisilicon, Realtek, AMlogic have to be worried as there are no Android maintainers for official Kodi at the moment so support is going to be very little for the next few months but Zidoo's own devices with those chips still support ZDMC so not a problem.

Carlos Garces likes this.