ZDMC 18.2 Available

Discussion in 'ZDMC for Zidoo' started by hdmkv, May 19, 2019.

1. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

you can use zdmc 17.6, just disable the external player ( there is a option in the settings ) and turn on auto refresh rate. it will play all movies with the kodi player.

2. blazingmagnums

blazingmagnums New Member

I'd be interested into how this handles new Kodi apps. I've been struggling to stream since a vast majority have been updated.

3. francishe

francishe Member

Thx for the link, but it doesn't work on x9s. Just like kodi 18.2, it crashes after start.

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

works for me, but the autoframerate switch is fu*ked . make sure you do a clean reinstall. not upgrade

5. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Do we have any news when will be a new release?

6. francishe

francishe Member

Thx for your advice. I will try a clean reinstallation. But actually I removed the 17.6.1 and cleaned data before installing 18.2. Does that mean a clean installation or I'll have to restore the box to the factory default setting?

7. hdmkv

hdmkv Active Member Beta test group

No idea on updated version... @mirror?

8. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Realtek chips don’t comply with open source standard promoted by Kodi (XBMC) Foundation.

Kodi player software will probably get worse with each version. We may get some improvements with Kodi interface and media database.

I’m still on official ZDMC v. 17.6. Works perfect for me with Black Glass Nova skin.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  9. Tof78

Tof78 New Member

for me ZDMC 18.2 doesn't work too... on my new brand Z1000
    17.6 works, but I had a Himedia Q10 Pro with Kodi 18.2 and it is a step back...

10. francishe

francishe Member

Doesn't work even after a factory default resetting. Why I tried to use 18.2 is that the media player in firmaware 2.1.25 always crashed when palying the nas files via NFS. I didn't know if it was a problem of the player or others. Now this problem has been solved after update to 2.1.85 which fixed unstability of NFS connection causing the crash.

11. wcale

wcale New Member

18.2 is working fine for me. But there is a bug to start it for the first time. Here are few steps to deal with this bug and avoid the problems:

1. Hard reset (maybe you don't need that, so you can try without hard reset for the first tine)
    2. Install newest ZDMC (18.2 is newest for me today)
    3. Run any movie with Home theater 2.0 (default from the main screen)
    4. Check if from file browser you can run any movie
    5. If 3 and 4 steps are succeeded the your ZDMC should work now
    6. ZDMC 18.2 should work now

Hope this help for you.

12. Yaacovk

Yaacovk New Member

Hi.
    I had the same crushing problem with Zidoo X9s 2.1.28 + ZDMC 18.2.
    But i want to share my expirience to solve the problem temporary Every time i open my Zidoo.
    When the problem occour, i switch off the Zidoo and open again, some time this action solve the crushing problem and some time i nead to turn it of twice or 3th time. But it work for me.
    Yes, this is not what it intent to work but i hope Zidoo will solve the problem soon.

Yaacov.

13. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

dr4go likes this.
  14. cNone

cNone New Member

Bah nevermind, I switched to official kodi + mx player

15. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

how's the refresh rate ?

16. cNone

cNone New Member

My eyes cant determine the difference between zidoo player and mx player. Some info tho: I have switched to hw decoder, because hw+ decoder stutters a little as far as I can see. This way I don’t have to mark watched episodes manually. Kodi marks it for me. And using an official build is always a better option for me at least.

Edit: I tried 10bit 1080p file without any stutter.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    gymnos likes this.
  17. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i see. i'll try myself. i usually can see if there is problems with framerate in first 5 minutes of the movies. drives me insane, that's why im still on 1.7.4, but there is a option i want in kodi 18 for mid audio channel volume so i can increase the voices without going deaf during explosions.

18. cNone

cNone New Member

Some new info: Kodi with external player can't mark the episodes despite my best efforts to make it work. Older releases such 17 can mark the episodes as watched but for the addons sake I have to update kodi to at least 18. So if you want features implemented in the next update (if anyone still works on it of course!!!) you may head over this thread and add your requests:

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/zdmc-next-update-wishlist.64633/

Thank you all...

19. angel vaca

angel vaca New Member

can it work on x5 ?