ZDMC 18.2 Available

Discussion in 'ZDMC for Zidoo' started by hdmkv, May 19, 2019.

1. hdmkv

hdmkv Active Member Beta test group

@mirror posted about 18.2 availability at Kodi forum. Download link here.

No information provided, so as you guys try it out, please post impressions here. Thanks.

dr4go, videobruce and 3DBuff like this.
  2. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

Great! Can you install ZDMC 18.2 parallel to ZDMC 17.6 to test it or will it overwrite it?

3. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Good stuff. I don't have time to experiment with it right now. I got my 17.6 working pretty good for me with skin and other customization.
    Kodi player will not work any better compared to 17.6 from what I've seen in unofficial 18 thread. I don't really know what benefits would I get out of it.

4. hdmkv

hdmkv Active Member Beta test group

Wouldn't let me install until I uninstalled ZDMC 17.6.1. Then installed fine & seems to work okay... using same external playback option to push all playback to native/external player.

videobruce likes this.
  5. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

On occasion Kodi player kicks in for some odd formats or even trailers from YouTube. How does it play? 17.6.1 was stuttering and dropping frames way worse than Zidoo player in the past. Did this improve or got worse like in the unofficial Kodi 18 thread?

6. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

Shame that you can't install both at the same time. Using ZDMC 17.6.1 with the Mimic 5 skin and it's working flawless for me, so I guess I stick around with it for now. It's just for the looks anyway, 99 % of the time the native and external Zidoo player is used.

7. afrugone

afrugone New Member

I installed it a my x9s with latest firmware, and reset to factory default, but hey every time "Unfortunately, ZDMC has stopped" What can I do?

8. videobruce

videobruce Member

I assume one can uninstall it and revert back??

9. Raymond Lim

Raymond Lim Member

Sorry for a newbie qn...what's the key benefits/difference of using ZDMC over the official Kodi Leia 18.2? Can ZDMC play full BD Menu on BD ISO for instance?

10. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

The key difference would be in ZDMC being optimized for Zidoo hardware with Zidoo player as default. It supports 4K HDR Atmos etc. If you are looking for good Kodi player you probably got the wrong box. For BD menus you have to use Zidoo Home Theatre app or launch it from browser. It’s not part of the Zidoo player or Kodi.

11. tosh123

tosh123 Member

the Zidoo is AFAIK the only KODI box with 3D *and* 4K, you can not look much after other things. If you don't need 4K - you can go for a Raspi, if you don't need 3D - you can go for a shield (f.e.) but if you need booth? Maybe there is something with the Vero 4k+ and OSMC in the line

12. afrugone

afrugone New Member

I reset to factory default and reinstall only ZDMC but same problem again, any idea?

13. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Load previous 17.6.1 and see if it works.

14. naddude

naddude New Member

Will this work on X6 Pro? Is ther any updae for X6 Pro???????

15. kor

kor New Member

Is there a way for the player to report watched status to zdmc ?

16. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I miss this function too. Even more list of movies in progress.

17. Teddyknuddel

Teddyknuddel New Member

I think, many users are missing this option, include myself.

18. BREY

BREY Member

at 18.2 afr does not work on its own zdmc player - sadly , only zdmc has the ability to be scaled . even up to full hd inclusive. I rolled back to 16th .

19. tosh123

tosh123 Member

Maybe there is some chance to add other framerates via "whitelist" in the advancedsettings.xml, but i don't know how to. https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System/Display#Whitelist

20. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Select all that you like in settings > display.
    This would only apply to Kodi player, not Zidoo player. Zidoo player is controlled by quick Settings in Zidoo interface screen. Whitelist is to limit and select what resolutions and refresh rates are done by Kodi player and what by TV.