Zack Snyder's Justice League 4K label not showing

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Stratos_K, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

Hey guys. Has anyone found a way for the 4K version of Zack Snyder Justice League to display the 4K label in HT4?

I have tried to add the filename.4k suffix in the end and initially it will show the 4K label but once I play the movie the first time and HT reads the file info the 4K label will disappear and show as 2K in the info. I know that the film has a 2 880 x 2 160 pixels resolution in 4:3 format, that's why HT4 doesn't recognize it as a 4K film.

Zack Snyder's Justice League is a prime example of the weakness HT4 has concerning labels. There should be a custom design interface when it comes to HT4 labels in the same way there is customization for the subtitles. If we could custom add and change everything from the poster labels to the labels inside each movie it would be amazing and would save a lot of time trying to properly change the filenames.

2. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello Stratos,

The best would be to have a UHD logo instead of 4K obviously

here is an example and I have no problem

Version ISO

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Version MP4

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See you soon

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  3. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

OlivierQC maybe apostrophe make problems --> Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021) vs Zack Snyders Justice League (2021)?.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The problem is that the OP's copy of the movie has been cropped to 2880x2160 so it is not actually 4K at all.

4K refers to the horizontal resolution, so the movie is now in reality closer to 2K than 4K, so the Zidoo is technically correct.

Before being cropped, the original disc contains 3840x2160 video where 25% of the frame is just black video which shows just how ridiculous framing at 4:3 for home video is, but that explains why Olivier's copy shows 4K because the video itself isn't cropped.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  5. OlivierQC

You're right, I'll change to 2K and it's a pity that the film is in this format even if it's the director's will

[​IMG]

For UHD movies for the general public it would be nice to have a UHD logo.

See you soon

6. OlivierQC

Hello pcristi,

I checked and it works too

pcristi likes this.
  7. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

The fact is that HT4 gives you no freedom whatsoever regarding the labels. We are at the mercy of the file naming which is less than practical and obviously as Justice League shows this is not always achievable. And the problem is not only the naming. Because if you have for example a 1080p version of a film and you change it for a 4K version, HT4 will not read the new file. The only option is to either change the file name so to force HT4 to read the file again or use a suffix in the end. Unacceptable really!

This is one of the last major complaints I personally have with HT4. Give us the freedom to custom add and delete all the labels for each movie separately!!!!!!!

8. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

What you asking for could be achieved with my tool.

9. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

The point is to make it native. There is no excuse to be so limited with the labels functionality. The HT labels has been a major pain as long as I remember since HT2 in X9S.

I think it's about time the Zidoo team to create a custom interface where we can do as we please with the labels of each movie and not rely on half measures.