z9x Pro vs Z2000 Pro

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Ndgame, Jun 22, 2023.

1. Ndgame

Ndgame New Member

So in looking at the specs between these 2 new boxes I don't see much differences. From what I can tell there is onboard bays and a couple more ports for stuff like RS232 and the biggest upgrade I see as a direct streaming device is power supply.

If one only uses the Zidoo for streaming with no need for the HDD bay is there any reason to spend the extra money on the Z1000/Z2000 at all? I wasn't sure if the power supply would make any difference in picture or sound quality?

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Both picture and sound quality will be the same as all new models share the actual motherboard.
    Using bigger or linear PSU's can't be heard in practice is my experience. Using better crystals for sure can (also via HDMI).

Last edited: Jun 25, 2023
  3. DonnieYen

DonnieYen Member

in terms of visuals I think there is no difference between the z9x and other models ker even the UHD5000. But in terms of analog audio, I think there will be a difference due to using different power boards. Or the Z2600 and UHD 3000 models, surely the sound from HDMI Audio Out will give better quality. Although the difference can be hard to tell if you don't have a good enough multi-channel sound system to feel it.

4. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

No, there will be no difference between HDMI outputs, digital is digital. In such questions, the AD/ DA converters are crucial, but we don't have that in this case.
    But there can be problems, with my UHD3000 I have small sound dropouts from time to time via HDMI Audio, 1 - 2 seconds long, 1 to 2 times per movie. Via HDMI Main never yet.