Z9X PRO subtitles issues

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by altcoinfanatic, Dec 30, 2023.

1. Experiencing several subtitle issues:
    1. {\an8} SRT subtitle tag is not supported. Currently the player does not support {\an8} srt sub tag. This tag means to show the line at the top of screen instead of bottom as it may get in the way of something on screen. Currently it shows the tag in the subtitle instead of interpreting it. Currently no workaround available.
    2. Dutch internal subtitles are not selected automatically (external srt works fine). Setting Nederlands results in no standard sub being selected. The English track is being chosen because it's flagged as default and forced. I tested with german and french and those work fine. Seems like a sub labeling issue. Workaround for now is manually selecting dutch subtitle when starting the movie.
    3. External dutch subtitles (srt) sometimes overlay like showing internal and external subtitle through each toher. Workaround for now is changing the subtitles position to show the subtitle on the video itself and not on the black bar.
    All the above 3 issues can be replicated.

2. BadBart64

BadBart64 New Member

Also a Dutch guy here, and I also can't select Dutch subtiles as default. I've a Z2600.

altcoinfanatic likes this.
  3. supermood

supermood Active Member

hi I reported a sub bug 4 or 6 weeks ago. for episodes it's not 'even' in English possible you don't see release info or episode names... for movies you sometimes have possible subs for your whole movie folder :(
    I recommended to set up bazarr or do it manualy. better don't wait for it...
    happy new one

4. domi80

domi80 Member

Hi, you are dutch i think? Is het automatisch downloaden van de dutch subs nog niet gefixt op de zidoo players? ik krijg die rare vip abo melding van opensubtitles. ervoor deed hij dat gewoon perfect downloaden. erg irritant

5. I am.

I always have to download manually dutch subtitles. Automatic subtitle download (in dutch) never worked for me. Not sure if it even works for other languages.

Not sure which zidoo device you have and which firmware. But the old/current firmware uses the legacy opensubtitles.org API that has been deprecated on 31st of December. If you try to download subtitles with the old/current firmware, you will end up with a constant "Become VIP member" subtitle.
    Solution would be to update to the latest/future update in which Zidoo has implemented the new opensubtitles.com REST API.
    I did not download any subtitles since 1 jan 2024 so I am not sure if it is fixed or not in the current firmware.

6. domi80

domi80 Member

Thanks mate. before i had the original firmware 1.0.52. the automaticly downloads with dutch subs works correctly. No i have the beta 1.0.58 and it dont works correctly. get those vip member message. Wich firmware download will fixed this issue?

7. domi80

domi80 Member

the latest original firmware was from july, the 1.0.52 firmware. With that firmware everything works correctly. Strange that there is no original new firmware since july 2023. A bit scandalous and weak support!

8. Download 1.0.75, should solve the subtitle message you are getting: http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...20-pro-z2000-pro-z2600-uhd5000-release.97500/

9. domi80

domi80 Member

10. domi80

domi80 Member

11. Yes original firmware and 1.0.75 is stable beta public version.

12. domi80

domi80 Member

Thanks. With a bluray music bdmv map on the zidoo z9x player the menu`s dont work well. if i selected a song it dont play the song, its starts the beginning of the concert. will that be fixed? or will it only works with iso and mkv files?

13. domi80

domi80 Member

I want to download the cover and info from my petshop boys inner sanctum bluray with the zidoo z9x pro. cant find them anymore with the wallpaper search. How it comes? With the old 1.0.52 the library find it!

14. Beta version v1.0.85 for Z9X Pro release has not fixed these issues