Z1000 HDR issue?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by Migeye, Dec 12, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Migeye

Migeye Member

Hi,
    I have a Z1000

I noticed that "white" backgrounds sometimes changes , looks like it wants to correct something but its inconsistence. With SDR no problem.
    Settings for Video are on auto but I tried every option but does not change anything. Only when i force HDR to SDR it is gone (but of course the quality lacks)

When I play the same video/scene with my apple TV this is not visible, all plays well

I use a JVC n5 projector.

Any thoughts maybe?

thanks

Ron

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Change? In what way?

3. Migeye

Migeye Member

Sometimes lighter, sometimes a bit darker/different, blinking somehow. But always on the same spot in a movie so I can rewind and replicate it.

Will try to make a picture of the change.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Wonder if it’s the JVC DTM?

Try turning it off and see what happens..

5. Migeye

Migeye Member

Ok, but when playing the same movie or scene with the apple TV, also HDR its not visible.
    Also when playing a UHD disc I never notice this.

Will try it however disabling DTM but of course this cannot be a long term solution.

6. Migeye

Migeye Member

Ok, when there is no HDR content this is not visible, also its only coming from the Zidoo. as already mentioned Playing UHD discs and Apple TV HDR playback is no issue.
    I have the video processing on default on the Zidoo (all 32 I thought)

What setting in the zidoo could trigger this?? Will have to investigate more, going to connect the zidoo to my TV and check it there.

7. Migeye

Migeye Member

Been a wile but the issue is resolved. After a factory reset of the player and setting it up as it was before resolved this.
    But I have no idea what setting or bug was the cause.

But happy it is resolved :)

Tarantula likes this.
  8. Arek_Gd

Arek_Gd New Member

Hi, i've already bought used z1000.
    Firsty i saw such a problem with files mkv 2160p with HDR HEVC . When I connect z1000 directly to TV4k Samsung NU8002 everything looks good, but when connect via my old amplifier Onkyo NR-TX929 which support only hdmi 1.4 so it can passthrough 2160p 24hz only , the picture is poor with detail esspacially in dark scenes , with too yellow , cyber look. I supose its because of HDR to SDR mechanizm .
    E.g. when i play the same movie from Himedia Q10pro everything look OK , what i tested:

1. doesnt metter if i use hdmi 2.0 oraz hdmi 1.4 cable
    2. I tried many zidoo settings like (HDR rec. 709 / 2020 / SDR Mapping HDR/ Auto ) or Priority 8 / 10 / 12 bits / auto or Prioryty YCbCr 444 etc... or HDMI range 16-235 , non of them helped
    3. my firmware v2.3.88 - and i can't find switch to OFF / disable HDR in menu
    4. I've got the same problem when i change signal to my projector , which is 12 years old Mitschubishi HC4000 1080p - when amplifier switch chanel i must change manually resolution to 1080p 23Hz, only then picture looks ok, but when i play movie (the newest files with movies) the same issue with HDR. Films from Himedia looks much more better, natural.

1. sample from zidoo z1000
    20240108_191951.jpg

2. sample from Himedia Q10pro

20240108_191609.jpg

What can i do ? Is there any way to solve this problem?

p.s. above pictures are from Samsung, but the similar looks from HC4000.