X20 Screen Saver

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X20' started by VampireSlug, Feb 11, 2019.

1. VampireSlug

VampireSlug New Member

I got my X20 late last year and so far have been loving it as a great replacement for my old, dead, Uebo M200. My only problem is that my X20 is hooked up to a Panasonic 55" plasma and the screen saver, although set up, is not working and I'm afraid of burn-in. Are there any tricks to get the screen saver to turn on?

2. Hilraen

Hilraen New Member

I join the question. But I didn’t even find a mention of a screensaver in the X20 settings ... I feel sorry for the TV.
    In Dune HD Duo screensaver is configured and works without problems.

3. VampireSlug

VampireSlug New Member

I found the setting by searching ever single menu but can't remember where I found it but it doesn't do anything anyway. My old Uebo M200 had a great screensaver... I miss it.

4. Hilraen

Hilraen New Member

I found only the settings for disabling hard drives by the period of inactivity. I do not see a screensaver at all ...
    Answer, it seems, will not: (

5. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

...use Kodi or ZDMC. Then you have various possibilities for Screensavers.

6. Hilraen

Hilraen New Member

You can get along with crutches ...
    Put the software in which there is no need ...
    It's just not clear what prevents the implementation of a screensaver by means of firmware?

7. gymnos

gymnos Member

You can activate the screensaver in the advanced options, go to Screen and you will see it, but there is only one option called 'Colors'. After 5 minutes, the screen goes black and you have to press the return button in order to deactivate the screensaver.

It would be very nice a screensaver with the Zidoo logo moving across the screen.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  8. Hilraen

Hilraen New Member

10 minutes, Karl, the whole 10 minutes !!!
    In my old Dune HD Duo, this option is implemented in this way: the Dune logo moves across the screen. A startup interval screensaver can be set at least 1 minute.
    And with the existing option, users have problems: the player stupidly hangs when launching the screensaver from the advanced settings.

9. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Android TV OS versions will implicitly use the build-in Google Screensaver which will slideshow gorgeous photos from their database. That is what I call a screensaver.

10. Hilraen

Hilraen New Member

There is not much left: remove the future time, add the selection of the launch period, get rid of the player freezing when the screen saver starts.
    Suppose there are photos in Popcorn C-200, only the bf TV screen did not burn out.

11. VampireSlug

VampireSlug New Member

I have the screensaver "colors" enabled in the advanced options but no amount of time seems to be sufficient to launch the screensaver... which is a HUGE problem for plasma TVs!

12. gymnos

gymnos Member

In my unit the screen just goes black, even when playing music with Music Player 3.0

This option should be improve in the next firmware, is very important for OLED and plasma panels.

13. Hilraen

Hilraen New Member

This is what this thread is about. Only the manufacturer is not in a hurry or does not want to deal with this issue.
    Although when setting the view to pause the inputs on the TV switch!
    Sorry for the TV matrix ...

14. VampireSlug

VampireSlug New Member

It's been a few months... any progress on a screen saver that works? I really hate pausing what I'm watching and then having to turn off the TV is I need to step away for more than a minute...

15. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Hopefully they will implement a screensaver function in the next firmware but i very much doubt it, this is the first media player i have had that doesn't have that function.

i have had many players over the past 12 years and all of them have had screen savers

gymnos likes this.
  16. gymnos

gymnos Member

Problem solved in the last firmware v2.2.61, just try this:

Advanced settings / Display / Screen saver / Colors / Start only while charging

After 5 minutes will appear on your screen several dynamic colours with a loop effect.

17. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Will give that a go with that, will have to update first. when you have an OLED TV i hate pausing anything so screensaver is important

18. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Tried what you said - That didn't work for me

Why Zidoo wont sort a screen saver out is a mystery

19. VampireSlug

VampireSlug New Member

It's been well over a year... are we any closer to a screen saver to save my poor plasma TV?

20. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

I would love a screen saver feature to save my OLED, I have too keep turning the TV over when I pause the