Wishes : Z8 suggestions -*- Souhaits d'amélioration

Discussion in 'Eversolo DAC-Z6 / DAC-Z8' started by Moxalain, Jan 1, 2023.

1. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

It's in the settings in the app, GENERAL => SLEEP, but it's available from the device's menu as well, under GENERAL => ENERGY SAVER => SLEEP.

2. Ridefast555

Ridefast555 New Member

Thanks
    I set it to 1min to see if my TV would switch on the Z8 and it does.
    Thanks for that.
    How can I see what firmware version is installed.?

3. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

From the menu, I believe is something like "About".
    Most probably you are on the 1.0.52.

4. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

Have now had a Z8 Dac since June, and in this time there has been no firmware update (10.0.52), there have been many suggestions to make this excellent dac even better, for example : get rid of the ugly color spots to make a cleaner interface,a fixed volume, a spectrum analyzer like on the A6/A8 could also be nice, and if it were possible to make some clearer VU meters

But after the DMP-A6 came on the market, EVERYTHING just came to a standstill around the otherwise excellent Dacs Z6/Z8 !!! Did they really deserve it?

In any case, I'm jealous of those who have a DMP-A6/A8, they can almost get it the way they want it!!!

Come on Eversolo, it takes so little to make the two dacs almost perfect!

5. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

@mirror
    now, seriously... everything is already implemented, or is just a matter of graphical tweaks. Are we really so insignificant to Eversolo? We are not asking the moon, right? Just a little attention to detail.
    Realising the A6 needs more attention because it is still flawed in some areas... but just one day development, IMO, could just put us back to our chairs listening, and looking in awe, to out Z6/Z8.

Thanks for the attention.
    Cheers, Al.

6. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

I have always had the experience that Eversolo was a company that was open about suggestions for ideas and improvements to their products
    But if it's something they don't want to answer, well then they're just COMPLETELY silent, and we as customers can just be left with a lot of unanswered questions, I actually think it's a bit bad style

7. Ridefast555

Ridefast555 New Member

I recently bought the Z8 initially I was very pleased with the unit. Now I know BT isn't ideal but I thought I would try it out.
    It's complete Garbage on a Z8.
    Maybe the units faulty, because its basically unusable.
    There's hardly any volume and the sound quality is extremely low.
    Also doesn't always connect.
    Has anyone else had the same experience.
    Please let me know.
    Thanks Andrew

8. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

Bluetooth works fine on my Z8, and also sounds ok with the LDAC codec, but why use Bluetooth on such a fine Dac, it is a lossy format, it deserves a USB cable so you have the opportunity to use the dac to the full (32bit/ 768Khz and DSD512), there is a reasonably new Thesycon ASIO windows driver on the website

GUILLERMO ACERO likes this.
  9. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Bear in mind that with BT connections the volume is also dictated by the sender, so keep it at MAX on your phone and lower it on the Z8.
    But then again, using BT on a DAC the caliper of the Z8 is like buying a Ferrari, replacing its engine with a WV Beetle's one, and still pretend it drives at 300 km/h...:rolleyes:

GUILLERMO ACERO and Glerup71 like this.
  10. GUILLERMO ACERO

GUILLERMO ACERO New Member

I agree with the latest comments. The BT in this type of device is a connection "for convenience", sporadic. Its existence is desirable because it is gained in versatility of use but it is not even a determining factor for its purchase.

That said, in my case it has worked very well when I have required it, with different devices (Android, IOS). No problem with the volume or with the scope or stability.

But comrade Nutul has not been able to express it better. Enjoy your Ferrari as planned, with its great engine and not with another.....

Nutul likes this.
  11. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Fair enough, using LDAP codec with the BT should give you a good quality (still, not top-notch as with USB, but the best BT can offer nowadays).
    I think, though, that it will still depend on the quality / strength of the signal, in such a way that it will lower the quality / bitrate accordingly, in order to not lose the connection; that is: you're not guaranteed that once connected with LDAP, going around the house will maintain the quality everywhere. Note, though, that both devices must be capable of LDAP; that is, BT5.0 (or above, as there is 5.3 I think), otherwise, the higher, common to both devices, codec will be used.

12. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

I still think it's wrong to just forget to polish the UI on Z6/Z8 dacs...
    A suggestion could also be to use the same color scheme as on the DMP-A6/A8 in the menus (see attached image), so that there was no doubt that the streamer and dacs came from the same company
    Then you also got the chance to get rid of the strange color spots (which I really hate), which really make it difficult to read what is written
    Yes, it could still be cool that there was an option for a fixed Volume, there have also been some reviewers who could not understand that that option has not been there

Dear Eversolo, won't you give the two super dacs just a little more love before new models come out!!?
    20231106173117_65320.jpg

ammar11 and Nutul like this.
  13. Martin Pohli

Martin Pohli New Member

Hallo, ich interessiere mich für diesen Dac „tolles Gerät“, ich verwende derzeit Topping E 30/2+ Raspberry 3+ und Volumio/Tital hifi+! Funktioniert der DAC, wenn ich USB in Raspb verwende? connect und Volumio/tidal
    Best Regards Martin
    Sorry for my Bad English

14. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

1. no need to sorry... it's not English at all... :)

2. Yes, it will. I use it with a Raspberry Pi4 and moOde Audio.