Wishes : Z8 suggestions -*- Souhaits d'amélioration

Discussion in 'Eversolo DAC-Z6 / DAC-Z8' started by Moxalain, Jan 1, 2023.

1. Moxalain

Moxalain New Member

Don't say that, they're going to make a bigger font with little vu-meters ;) !!!
    I'm 4 meters from the Z8 and I'm wearing glasses :rolleyes:

ASR User and rozel like this.
  2. Moxalain

Moxalain New Member

ASR User likes this.
  3. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Yep, as I hoped here: - http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/new-products-zidoo-eversolo-dac-z6-z8.94605/page-4 Post #80 , you clearly enjoyed reading :)

Quite a few trolls over there at ASR who probably have spat their dummies out at the excellence of this DAC - it beats both the Gustard X-18 and my X-16 which is blown out of the water. But the overwhelming consensus is that Zidoo has a winner - very well done !! I just wishe @Amirm could have undertaken this review earlier but he was so kind as to do it after I nudged him. May I ask what your experience has been using the Headphone Amp? Do you find it powerful enough?

The VU Meters are a sensation! Not sure why though as I can take them or leave them.

ASR User likes this.
  4. 0rangutan

0rangutan New Member

Hi @mirror
    Very happy with my new Z8.
    A few quick suggestions from running the latest firmware:

1. Under the Settings options for Knob brightness, the first entry should be "Off" rather than "Close".
    2. Under Source In, the entries for "COAXIAL", "OPTICAL" and "BLUETOOTH" are in ALL CAPS and ideally should be "Coaxial", "Optical" and "Bluetooth" in order to be more consistent with the rest of the UI.
    3. Under DAC settings, "Headset gain" should be "Headphone gain"
    4. I would also really like to see the option for VU meters with no text at all, as mentioned by @Moxalain here.

ASR User and rozel like this.
  5. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Got it.
    Thanks for your feedback. Will be optimized in the next firmware. I think it should be released within two weeks

0rangutan and rozel like this.
  6. Lucax

Lucax New Member

Please, I like to buy dac. It will work attached on usb to raspberry pi 3?
    Thank you

7. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Yes.

ASR User likes this.
  8. Varsányi István

Varsányi István New Member

zidooZ8HQPlayererror.png
    HQ Player does not recognize the Z8 DAC.
    It fails to initialize the audio device and displays an error of no audio device.
    The driver is installed.
    Windows 11, Roon, HQ Player.

9. antagron

antagron New Member

Feature suggestion: Spectrum Analyzer. Is it possible to add this in addition to the VU meter? Similar in function to what's the RME ADI-2 DAC can do...

ASR User likes this.
  10. 0rangutan

0rangutan New Member

Hi @mirror - How is that new firmware going?
    Do you have a likely release date?
    Thanks!

11. GUILLERMO ACERO

GUILLERMO ACERO New Member

Completely agree. It would be great.

ASR User likes this.
  12. Klangfarben

Klangfarben New Member

Hi, I've had my Z8 for a few days now and wanted to say what a wonderfully designed and well-thought-out DAC it is. After spending some time with it, I have a few requests I would like to pass on.

1) When choosing to not show VU meters and instead show only audio info, could you put the volume above the format and sample rate line in the same size font and move the format/sample line lower so that both fit the screen in the larger font? Right now, the volume display is very tiny which makes sense if you are showing VU meters. But if you aren't showing VU meters it would be really nice to have the volume displayed at the same size as the format/sample rate.

2) In both VU meter and non-VU display for the format/sample rate could you also show the bit rate? Right now there is no way currently to see if you are listening to something in 16-bit 44.1 or 24-bit 44.1 rates. It would be really nice to see that info especially with streaming services that have mixed rates like Qobuz. It looks like there is plenty of room to show that info whether VU meters are displayed or not.

3) This one might be a slightly larger ask, but would you consider in the future of allowing the volume buttons of an iPhone or Android phone to control the volume of the Z8, since the volume is controlled digitally? I'm very used to using that method to control the volume with the iFi and a few other DACs I have used with my phone. Right now, the volume buttons are disabled when the Z8 is plugged in. I know there is the remote app, but it isn't as accessible to open that while you are listening to another streaming app, etc.

Thank you so much for your consideration and I'm thoroughly enjoying the DAC so far. A lot of time was obviously spent on both the hardware and software and it shows. It is an excellent and easy to use DAC made with a lot of attention to detail.

ASR User and 0rangutan like this.
  13. Adrian Nst

Adrian Nst New Member

Hi, I've had my Z8 for a few days now but I have a problem when I try to connect the Z8(as external DAC) to the BlueSoude node N130 streamer +Roon(MQA format from Tidal).
    I get some crackling popping when I use USB input. How can I fix that?

14. Moxalain

Moxalain New Member

(¯`*•.¸(¯`*•.¸ oOo¸.•*´¯)¸.•*´¯):);):)(¯`*•.¸(¯`*•.¸ oOo¸.•*´¯)¸.•*´¯)

The smartphone app allows only ONE customer at a time.
    There are 3 of us at home, and if 1 of us is online, the other 2 can't. It's too bad.
    Is it possible to fix this (and if so, to take advantage of it to have the VU meters without writing)?

L'application pour smartphone n'autorise qu'un seul client à la fois.
    Nous sommes 3 à la maison, et si 1 d'entre nous est en ligne, les 2 autres ne le peuvent pas.
    C'est dommage. Est-il possible de remédier à cela (et si oui, d'en profiter pour avoir les VU-mètres sans écrire) ?

Best regards ;)

ASR User likes this.
  15. Adrian Nst

Adrian Nst New Member

Good suggestion, I would add one more,...a EQ/graphic equalizer(built-in android app) would be useful!!!

16. ASR User

ASR User New Member

Hi EverSolo Team,

‘Great product with many amazing features and superb performance as confirmed by ASR test and measurements. Top of the DAC charts congratulations on that! Considering the competition level here you should be proud of how well the Z8 scored.

This is a great unit and I am extremely pleased with performance and a rich feature set. The addition of VU Meters is awesome and so much fun to enjoy.

I use the Apple IOS IPad and your app to control and monitor functions. I sit about 12 feet (4 meters) back from the unit and wear glasses making it difficult to make out the small bitrate text at the bottom of the VU Meter display. Using the App solves this problem as the bitrate information is presented on the app screen. Excellent thinking here. A small user experience improvement suggestion. Would it be possible to add the VU Meter to the app screen. Mirroring the Z8 VU Meters in the app would be an amazing upgrade for us older customers who have failing eyesight! Thank you for your consideration of this suggestion.

‘The Z8 is an incredible product and I will be Singing its praises to anyone that asks and you have earned my Highest recommendation. Many thanks for this excellent DAC/Amp product. Cheers

17. ASR User

ASR User New Member

Hi rozel,

Honestly, there are Trolls in every Website Forum and not exclusive to ASR. We just ignore them and their comments are disregarded. The overwhelming responses at ASR were very high praise and positive reception. The Value/Performance evaluation of this product is very good. The VU Meters are quite popular as they represent a certain amount of nostalgic energy and places this DAC/Amp in more luxurious category without the highly inflated Audiophile grade price gouging. This functionality places this product above peer performers in their respective categories. Enjoy your day rozel.

rozel likes this.
  18. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I 100% Agree - welcome to the forum btw and also agree with what you've said in your first post :)

You are definately not wrong there - I'm regularly getting in trouble for calling them to task here on these forums, particularly on the media Player one. I keep telling myself to refrain from rising but they wind me up!

ASR User likes this.
  19. Jeffrey_360

Jeffrey_360 New Member

Did you test N130 USB connect to Z8, open BluOS-->Tidal, that's ok, maybe Bluesound 's roon ready have a issue

20. Jeffrey_360

Jeffrey_360 New Member

upload_2023-3-10_11-57-51.png
    My HQ Player can connect Z8.