Wishes : Z8 suggestions -*- Souhaits d'amélioration

Discussion in 'Eversolo DAC-Z6 / DAC-Z8' started by Moxalain, Jan 1, 2023.

1. ASR User

ASR User New Member

Hi @mirror,

Great Product DAC! It’s an amazing piece of Kit and sounds superb. A very rich and usable feature set. You guys really thought out this product well. Kudos for that.

Upgrade Suggestion:

- Mirror the VU Meters on/to the EverSolo Z8 Application Source-in Page? There is lots of empty space on this screen and it would be much easier to see and read on a Phone or Tablet.IPad in your hand. See below example.

upload_2023-3-10_8-3-28.jpeg

copy of this into above graphic. Mirroring the VU Meters in the Application.

IMG_0681.jpeg

- Allow Firmware Updates via Bluetooth and the EverSolo App. Would make this process much easier and reduce wear and tear on the device input connections as they can be stressed by pulling the unit out and turning it to gain access to the USB-A access port.

Thank you for the two firmware updates already provided and the excellent support provided thus far. Hope you have a great weekend.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2023
    rozel likes this.
  2. 0rangutan

0rangutan New Member

@mirror - Many thanks for today's update and good to hear that this addresses the optical input issue.

Please can you confirm that you are still working on the following that you previously said were being looked at?

1. Under the Settings options for Knob brightness, the first entry should be "Off" rather than "Close".
    2. Under Source In, the entries for "COAXIAL", "OPTICAL" and "BLUETOOTH" are in ALL CAPS and ideally should be "Coaxial", "Optical" and "Bluetooth" in order to be more consistent with the rest of the UI.
    3. Under DAC settings, "Headset gain" should be "Headphone gain"
    4. I would also really like to see the option for VU meters with no text at all, as mentioned by @Moxalain here.

3. Varsányi István

Varsányi István New Member

Roon + HQ Player...

It recognizes me even without Roon

4. Varsányi István

Varsányi István New Member

Roon + HQ Player...
    It recognizes me even without Roon

5. John Guernelli

John Guernelli New Member

6. John Guernelli

John Guernelli New Member

Excellent suggestions and much needed improvements for the DAC.
    1. Enlarging the VU meters is a must have they are waaaaay too small.
    2. Making the VU meter sensitivity or gain adjustment is also needed, The needles barely move depending on the input unless the volume is set very high.
    Please Eversolo...pretty please!
    John

7. phil83

phil83 New Member

Hello everyone,

After reading everyone previous wishes, maybe the vu-meter feature enhancement should be summarized like this :
    - option 1: both VU-meters and textual information, including the sampling rate (e.g. 96 kHz or whatever) and the bit depth (e.g. 24 bits)
    - option 2 : only VU-meters (so they can be bigger than today)
    - option 3 : only textual information, including sampling rate and bit depth

This strategy is somehow a compromise and should please everyone ! ;-)

What do you say, Eversolo team ?

Nutul and ASR User like this.
  8. ASR User

ASR User New Member

I think they have already incorporated these improvements in this firmware update v1.0.0.52 (see post #9 in linked thread below)

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...requencies-705-6-768khz-pcm-dsd128-256.95372/

9. phil83

phil83 New Member

sorry but I don't see the bit depth in the textual info... what I see is only 4 different VU-meters ! ;-)

10. ASR User

ASR User New Member

upload_2023-4-8_10-43-31.jpeg

11. phil83

phil83 New Member

I think you misunderstood me.

I suggested that there would be 3 different options :
    - One VU-meter WITH textual information (including the bit depth info)
    - One VU-meter WITHOUT textual information
    - ONLY textual information (including the bit depth info)

As far as I can see now, the current firmware supplies 4 VU-meters views , each of them having textual info.

Still in the textual info, we have ONLY the sampling rate, not the bit depth... don't we ?

What you are showing me in your picture is only the 3rd option I propose, but still WITHOUT the bit depth information... and what about the 2 first options I propose ?

12. ASR User

ASR User New Member

upload_2023-4-8_12-10-43.jpeg

upload_2023-4-8_12-11-15.jpeg

Your welcome. A little gratitude as I am just another member trying to help answer your questions. I’m out…

13. Adrian Nst

Adrian Nst New Member

I also tried to install the new firmware v1..52 but after installation no change appears in Vu shape, info, etc, maybe i did something wrong .

14. Hawkmoon

Hawkmoon Member

I also second the request for larger VU meters for those who have positioned the Z8 some distance away from the listening position

Glerup71 and ASR User like this.
  15. Ridefast555

Ridefast555 New Member

Haven't bought the Z8 yet.
    My only wish is that the Optical input would auto detect the signal and switch the unit on.
    The only dac I know does this is the Topping E70velvet but I don't want a Topping
    Please consider this in the next Firmware update if possible
    Thanks Andrew

16. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

It would be nice if there was a full screen VU meter & spectrum analysis, so it was possible to make them a little bigger

And it would also be nice to get rid of the strange color spots that are under text and in the menu, which make it is difficult to read what is written

17. GUILLERMO ACERO

GUILLERMO ACERO New Member

You can remove those color spots that you mention. One of the VU meter versions doesn't have them.

18. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

But they are still at "Audio info only" and in the menu :(

19. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

No they are not...
    I use the yellowish VUs, and all other screens are clean.

20. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

No matter which VU meter I use, I have the stupid color spots at Audio info only & volume and in the menu

i am using firmware v1.0.0.54