Will X20 have Google Service or NOT?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X20' started by PeterCrouch, Jul 27, 2018.

1. PeterCrouch

PeterCrouch Member

May be we should do that because no answer from ZIDOO

2. futeko.com

futeko.com Active Member

Why is the lack of Google Play such a big deal?

Google Play can introduce performance problems playing media (it runs in the background taking resources and running updates). Other brands (i.e. Dune) omit it intentionally because of the problems it can cause.

Zidoo X20 / X20 Pro are media players, not general purpose Android boxes. They are optimised for media playback.

If you want a simple way of installing third party apps then install aptoide (https://en.aptoide.com/), it is a lightweight app market offering recent versions of most apps but without the performance overheads of Google Play.

When Zidoo do introduce support for Google Play to X20 / X20 I hope it's optional as with Dune.

myzidoo and DELUCAS like this.
  3. You cannot install Utube from aptoide with out Google play installed.
    So no Utube media playback.
    You say it is ilegal to install HDMI in recording yet they are still selling the x9s and x10. I can record from my Smart tv through the usb stick. So what is legal about that.

4. futeko.com

futeko.com Active Member

The Android TV version of Youtube runs without Play Services. It can be installed from aptoide or from the apk.

As here: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/youtube-for-android-tv-android-tv/ - Download the no DPI .apk to a USB flash drive, insert the flash drive into X20 / X20 Pro, execute the .apk in X20/X20 Pro file browser.

The decision about HDMI input is Zidoo's, nothing to do with us as a reseller.

5. futeko
    can you point me to the no DPI .apk version as there seem to be three variants .Tried two of them with no luck

6. futeko
    I have found one that installed but will not run without Google play

7. futeko.com

futeko.com Active Member

8. колбаскин

колбаскин New Member

And what?

9. futeko
    Thanks Works great

10. zidoo

zidoo Member SUPER Administrator

When appropriate, we will release a google play suite. and upgrade to Android 7.0

Israel likes this.
  11. noki

noki New Member

It would be good if you already have a new firmware with android 7.0. When it will be?
    Google play and KODI there will be?

Will there be such an introductory screen as the X10? weather, clock, google, app?

12. vadergr

vadergr Member

The way i see it, Zidoo X20 is a premium player with highly regarded features as far as local video content (USB/SERVER/NAS). It should not be similar to the existing units. The basic user interface is more elegant and i would like to keep it that way.
    I dont mind about The play store. I would only like to add YouTube.

Israel likes this.
  13. you can add utube. I have

14. skelton

skelton Member

Why don`t you buy a player that has Play Store installed instead of complaining here?? There are several options avaliable that meets your needs.

15. I can understand poeple complaining. When you purchase a upgraded version you dont really expect It to be missing programs/apps that the much cheaper earlier versions had.
    At least have to option to install or not install certain apps.

16. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

Has anybody found a way to install the XBMC Wrapper without the playstore?? The Wrapper is key to get Kodi running on the Zidoo, But to my knowledge this ony works via Play Store.

XBMC Wrapper is not available on aptoid.

ZBMC is not an option due to bad customization possibility.

17. looun

looun Member

without play serivce you can not login on youtube,so youtube not work.

18. futeko.com

futeko.com Active Member

19. looun

looun Member

yes APK work, but you can not login on google account!
    no history
    no channel
    no Recommended
    ecc..