Wifi

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by user59, Mar 13, 2015.

1. user59

user59 Member

Powered up Zidoo this day, no WIFI, same with BT
    Settings, WIFI i can slide switch to on, screen Turning WIFI on.......nothing
    Ethernet working but will not connect play-store
    Performed a reset on system, no improvement.

2. user59

user59 Member

After another reset on my system just now,
    Reset button power on.
    Found Menu using remote up and down on remote, load from external.
    Black background hid the fact there was a menu to use in recovery :)
    After loading this I now see all WIFI in my area....
    My only question why did it disappear, only thing loaded was the launcher2.apk watched a few videos and powered off last night
    This morning No wifi maybe a Friday the 13th thing
    So we start again all good.

3. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

I have reported this to our Test department. Thanks for let us know the problem.

4. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Just received my zidoo, after an hour same thing happen, no more wifi!
    Try OTA firmware flash, but same result wifi not able to be put on.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  5. Zacharias Astor

Zacharias Astor New Member

Can i add to this? I have the same wifi problem. Ethernet is working fine (also playstore), via wifi my networks either refuse to connect, or the list is empty. Operating the wifi toggle makes the settings freeze most of the time. Did a factory reset (the black text on black background in recovery mode is not very helpful indeed) but to no avail. Box is at the latest firmware.

6. user59

user59 Member

This will re setup and fix well it did for me...

Update on a USB stick, reset button power on
    you will get operation failed, when you get to recovery
    Use remote control down to read option: top left corner
    update from external storage, push ok
    remote down read option:
    name, push ok
    remote down read option:
    name of file _ota.zip and push ok....

7. Sarco

Not working, i will try downgrade frimware.

Well I think I have made a big mistake buying that box, wifi and bluetooth seem to be broke, I downgrade upgrade erase cache factory reset nothing working, so in my environnement it is imposible to use ethernet and this become a expensive paper weight!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  8. Sarco

Also I notice in wifi setting mac adress 00:00:00:00:00:00. Anybody know's when this forum have answer from Zidoo?

9. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Sorry about that, we will find out the cause to the problem asap. If it's the individual problem of hardware, we will inform the dealer to exchange yours into new machine soon.

10. Sarco

Thank's for the support, but shipping back will cost me at least 40,00$ CAD so this is not an option. Hope wifi bluetooth chips not dead and it is software related. I tried flashing via the mstar.bin to be sure nothing was left from previous flash with no success.

11. Sarco

I bought a 50 feets cat6 cable and plug in my gigabyte network. Mcast error, Google play won't connect (clear data, cache, reflash firmware). I saw one time wifi back (didn't last long stop after reboot). What a nightmare, I own several tv box (Tronsmart T428, radxa rock, CS918S) and I never see something going so bad, it look that flashing device never get rid of old setting. It look like even if wifi not working googleplay use the wifi to connect. In wifi advanced setting I set to search network if wifi not activated and still can not connect!

12. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Sorry again.Please contact this mail:service@zidoo.tv, we will deliver a new ZIDOO X9 to you, when you received,please send the old box back to us, so that we can analyze the cause of the fault,To make it more perfect.We will be pay the freight to you

13. Sarco

I just found something interesting that could help, my zydoo is connecting with my router when it is start, each time, but it won't display in menu. In my router setting I see the zidoo is connect. Thank you very much for your help.

14. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

It could be two different standard for "connected". x9 regard got ip address as connected. router regards happen communication as connected.

15. spring

spring Guest

We will update the new WiFi dirver to solve this problem in the next fireware。

16. Sarco

Yesterday I flash firmware 25 and then ota 27. After couple of time I finaly have wifi and quickly disable it. Now wifi and bluetooth are not working but I can install apk. Today I flash with 28 but wifi and bluetooth still can't be activate. Being hearing impair,I use bluetooth for my headphone, and since wifi is faster than ethernet it is bad news.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  17. user59

user59 Member

Loss of 5g wifi on v2.8,
    2.4g and Lan appear ok

18. siddique

siddique New Member

i allready complaint about my reomote controller not working.it is using 10 days only. i allready checked by local repai center.they are telling board having problem.so what i do ?without remote i cannot use my device.pls help..

19. Sarco

Unfortunatly from my experience they will only say to you to wait for new firmware. But you can look if it is the remote who doesn't work. Just look at the transmeter (led) with your phone camera when you press key. If you see flashing light the remote work. You can use a computer keyboard and mouse ( usb or some remote) to operate your device.

20. siddique

siddique New Member

i did that remote not flashing.and its new also. i check with another remote it is not working all functions...pls help