Wifi

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by user59, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

You can not use another ir (infrared remote) cause each one use there own code. Try using a usb keyboard (plug it on usb port). To turn ON your device turn the rear switch to off then switch ON. Use keyboard to navigate. You can also use a mouse.

2. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Pls make sure the battery have installed in remoter correctly. Is the battery is good? Is the battery install in right direction?

3. Tech OD

Tech OD Member

4. siddique

siddique New Member

let me check

5. Zacharias Astor

Zacharias Astor New Member

Back to the wifi ;) I had similar wifi problems as the ts and also noticed the mac address being zero. What i found is that my unit is working fine actually but will only do either Wifi or Wired network. Not both.
    When a network cable is attached, wifi is acting up and the mac address is zero. When i remove the network cable and then enable wifi, wifi is working correctly (although very slow).

The new firmware didn't change anything in this behaviour. Is this the normal behaviour and could it also explain the problems ts had?

6. Sarco

When I disconnect my lan, even with reboot I can not activate wifi.

7. spring

spring Guest

hi user59:
    which channel do you set for 5G wifi?

8. user59

user59 Member

34 to 48 is my usual usage area, all 5g devices I have connect in that area

9. user59

user59 Member

Just tested channel 149, as you mentioned in another post, its is there and working, so looks like the channel allocation or how ever it is set to work is not set ?

10. spring

spring Guest

Thanks very much user59:
    the channel 34 to 48 is prohibited for china。But we will open 34 to 48 in next fireware。

Geon likes this.
  11. Tech OD

Tech OD Member

That's interesting. Why do you need to block any channels? I would think if your device is acting like AP (Access Point) then you need to control which channel to use, but if you are just a client device then it should be able to receive signal from any channel.
    EDIT:
    Also, my 5GHz is on channel 52 with Channel width 40MHz and the box still can't find it.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  12. user59

user59 Member

13. HeJo

HeJo New Member

Same thing for me about no Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Latest firmware did not change anything, where Wi-Fi and Bluetooth cannot be turned on.
    Cannot continue with installation as Google Play gives connection problem and only thing to handle this using Wi-Fi so stuck here.
    There is no reply back from Zidoo anymore after the installation of the new firmware that did not solve the problem. :(

14. Sarco

I flashed my zidoo near 10 times with mstar.bin then do an online update to 27... I finaly had wifi so I quickly turn it off. Now I have google play. First I have an offer to replace my unit for free but they change there mind and now they ask me to return my unit (more than 40$ CAD) with a promise they send a new one. But since they already lies one replacement it is not looking good. Of course if you do not have googleplay it is an other story. Personnaly the box doesn't worth investing 40$ more, bad firmware with poor quality, no Kodi, unable to use library type app for video with the only player working. Now they place there ressource on NAS server instead of video stuff, maybe the next step will be a Car GPS... I am please to know I am not the only one since they say it was a very unique case... very poor quality product... good luck!

PS: This afternoon I start my zidoo and googleplay refuse to connect... I can throw it to garbage now. Do not buy that scrap!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  15. user59

user59 Member

@HeJo,
    Did you try
    Put Update on a USB stick, either V28 or go back to V27
    Hold Reset button power on at switch hold reset couple seconds then release.
    You will get operation failed, when you get to recovery
    Use remote control down to read option: top left corner
    Wipe cache partition. then push OK (this will wipe the lot)
    Use remote down
    update from external storage, push ok
    remote down to see option:
    NAME, push ok
    remote down to see option:
    name of file *_ota.zip and push ok....

Zidoo needs to improve colours of recovery fonts so all options can be seen easily.

I think something can be left behind if you put an update on top of older version ,causes conflict
    Good to wipe cache. OTA is ok but if it mucks things up back to basic.
    I find best to start fresh when doing updates of firmware.

Also 5g only works in higher 149 channel in V28, waiting for fix.

I have experienced with other Android Boxes this type of a similar problem, soon as system boots it still setting up apps etc.
    The end user flies in and starts setting it up and things can get messy.
    When the update is finish wait, go make a coffee or have a beer depending on time of day
    Give Zidoo a chance to set things up. Wait 3~5 minutes then restart again to be sure.
    May help

16. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder New Member

Can you please provide a better mirror for "Zidoo RC" apk? the one you give is painfully slow and times out. Thanks!