What additional functions would we like the Eversolo Dmp-A6 to have

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by petru, Sep 11, 2023.

1. petru

petru New Member

Hi.
    I opened this topic because; probably many who have it, (although eversolo is a brilliant streamer) and wish it had more functions, features.
    I would like it to have a parametric EQ or a full frequency spectrum
    I would like the vu-meters to work in peak mode as well.
    What else would you like to have??

Last edited: Sep 11, 2023
  2. Webkemmi

Webkemmi New Member

Amazon music native implementation
    Airplay 2
    Squeezelite functionality
    Alexa skill for voice control

billymac and Milan01 like this.
  3. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Good to see all of these may require "just" a software update; and therefore be possible in the future.

4. mr_phillip

mr_phillip Member

There's already a lengthy A6 feature request thread on here. Probably best to keep functionality requests in a single location :)

Nutul likes this.
  5. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

You are perfectly right, although that thread is getting polluted with requests that only a magic-wand could satisfy...

mr_phillip likes this.
  6. mr_phillip

mr_phillip Member

So true.

7. Bonzo

Bonzo Active Member

Say it ain't so......;):D

Nutul likes this.
  8. raeggis

raeggis New Member

Digital out via Bluetooth

9. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Just add a BT dongle and all set.

10. Arcticpollen

Arcticpollen Active Member

Not available in the onboard hardware.

11. Nice Monkey

Last edited: Oct 26, 2023
    Peter Wallop likes this.
  12. kc001

kc001 Active Member

FYI, The embedded chipset RK3566 already has Bluetooth 4.0, but the default apps & settings on the DMP-A6 do not have the option to use it.
    Using a side-loaded app I enabled it & connected to a TV (streamed music), an Android phone and a subwoofer.

Also, I just plugged in a Bluetooth 5.0 Nano USB Adapter, but it's not even recognized by the DMP-A6.
    (wasn't expecting it to be as the Supported Operating Systems are Windows 11/10/8.1/7)

Compatibility includes Android, but if it works on the A6 remains to be seen.
    And if it does, you'd need someway to control the connections ;)

13. Peter Wallop

Peter Wallop Active Member

Thanks - I knew that I needed something like this, but was baffled by the specifications. You’ve just saved me a lot of hassle!

14. raeggis

raeggis New Member

I have this dongle, just plug and play

15. Nice Monkey

Please share your experiences with the forum members. ;)

16. Nice Monkey

Please share that app with us. Will put it on the list for all to find. I guess a BT speaker and/or BT headphone should then work too but obviously without APT X. Will try that next and share the results here. If it indeed works in fact Eversolo should integrate that as a feature asap.

All entry models Zidoo media player have it included already. It surprised me it was not included on Eversolo.

17. kc001

kc001 Active Member

Hidden settings app - don't have the link though
    Note that it's only BT 4.0. No aptx etc.

But it would be better if Eversolo actually include some Bluetooth settings in the firmware, as these side-loaded apps are not for everyone.

lemongrass likes this.
  18. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

<rant>
    The fact that there are no side-loaded apps already included in the "basic bundle" should be enough for keeping everybody from asking such questions, uh?
    What should Eversolo do... let me wonder... think about every c***t out there in the wild wishes and have in mind all the possible scenarios?!?!? come on, gents, let's be professional.
    There is a TON of apps out there... what should we do, say, support them all, despite we are on proprietary hardware?!? JFC, people just seem to not realize.
    </rant>

19. Fergus

Fergus Active Member

Could there be a bypass function added so all the unnecessary, non audio gimmicks do not put a drain on system resources and add parasitic noise to the signal please?

Desmodromic likes this.
  20. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

They do not add anything to the signal phase. The thread responsible, eventually, to display a FFT gimmick, runs independently of the the one feeding (from the USB AP 2.0 code in the XMOS) the data to the DAC.
    The (electrical) noise of the display can also be run out of the equation: the measurements done by Amir at ASR are, IMO - but not only mine - enough to depict the good qualities, sound-wise speaking, of the A6 in general.

ETA
    If you wanted a device without any graphical "noise", why did you buy an A6 on first instance?