Vs10 engine parameters

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by gogo789, Dec 16, 2020.

Tags:
  1. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

I tried the HDR10 mapping directly on my projector (without the hdfury diva or the denon amp is the chain) and the result is exactly the same, even with your new EDID. I'm not sure if it comes from the way the optoma manage the hdr signal or if I should just change the color settings. I configured the projector myself and I don't really know how to calibrate colors, I think some professional calibration could be usefull but you know... money :eek: !
    I also tried to switch to 23p but image is still the same.
    I have played some movie that I know really well and that I have seen in cinema recently like "the 5th Element" "the joker" or "Avengers Endgame" and for me the picture is really good without any overblown.
    I think for the moment I gonna stay that way and hope for some option to enable LLDV only in the zidoo player. And maybe next year I gonna spare some money to calibrate my projector with a professional.
    Thank you for your help.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Just had a quick look at the manual for your projector - There don't seem to be many adjustments available for HDR but I'd check this one:

Dynamic Range/HDR Picture Mode: Standard

3. Blue Stinger

Blue Stinger Member

4. Markswift2003

You need an HDFury device to load external EDIDs, ideally either a Vertex 2 or Diva and I believe the Arcana does it too. Details here:

https://hdfury.com/enjoy-dynamic-dv-content-from-lldv-source-on-any-hdr10-display/

And forum here:

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/do...nversion-w-dtm-on-projectors.3097934/page-136

The Vertex2 can also be used as a 4x2 HDMI matrix.

5. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

I have tried HDR settings of the projector but it doesn't improve the colors. I think the issue cames from my projector, or a problem of compatibily with HDR in 4.2.2 12 bits. It seems like the rec2020 color support has just arrived in a firmware update in july on this projector, maybe it has issue with it. Could I tried another color area with another EDID ? Sorry I don't understand everything about rec2020, DCI P3 or other color configuration.

6. Markswift2003

This one has DCI-P3 primaries in the Dolby Block so you could try that...

Can you grab the EDID from your projector - that might shed a bit of light.

Connect the Zidoo directly to the projector by HDMI (not through an amp etc), plug in a USB stick and goto:

Quick Settings/Other/About/Advanced Settings/System/Realtek Developer Options/"Save EDID on USB Stick"

Then upload here (you'll need to either zip it or just change the extension from .bin to .txt)

Attached Files:

gogo789 likes this.
  7. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

There is no improvement with your EDID unfortunatly :(
    I send you the edid of my projector captured by the zidoo, maybe you could explain me what's wrong with it.
    I also tried to create my own DV string, or custom HDR info on the diva but no improvement either

Attached Files:

8. Jeremy76

Jeremy76 New Member

Hello, :)

I just would to have an information about VS10 engine parameters. I can profit to watch mkv file in HDR and Dolby Vision with an LG Oled. However, I have many files with HDR10 "only".
    Is it a good choice to set VS10 engine for HDR file in order to simulate dynamic metadata and have a better picture ?
    Thank you for your answers.;)