Video stops briefly every 10 minutes

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by zacthecat, Nov 18, 2015.

1. zacthecat

zacthecat New Member

Hi All - After using a number of WDTV units since they were first released, I then moved to the Minix boxes when support for the WDTV's dried up and now have both the X8-H and the X8-H Plus due to the great ongoing support on the Minix forum. I was attracted to the Zidoo X6 for both the HD-Audio pass through (main attraction) 3D and BD lite menu support.
    While the unit has provided the HD audio pass through that I missed with the Minix units, it has fall short of the marketing promises.
    Despite the strong initial interest shown for this product, it seems that the support via forums is well short of the "Minix experience"
    As a new product I expect some initial bugs (WDTV issued multiple firmware updates that focused on new features rather than fixing customer complaints) (Minix are on firmware 007 and have worked hard to give a great user experience - but are faced with some hardware limitations) but I had hoped that the X6 would deliver the basics from day one.
    After upgrading to firmware 1.0.23 I am experiencing regular signal drops to my Sony AV while watching avi & mp4 files played from both windows network shares on my computer or files played from the QNAP NAS over wired network. The drops occur approximately every 10 minutes and only last a couple of seconds.
    mkv files played from the same sources do not exhibit the same fault. - Any one else seeing this?

2. spring

spring Guest

Hi:
    we add the auto change resolution function for 1.0.23. but a lot of people think this is a problem. we will close this function for 1.0.24.

3. zacthecat

zacthecat New Member

Thank you for your prompt response, unfortunately I don't think that is the cause as it was happening in 1.0.22 which is why I tried the beta 1.0.23 hoping was one of the issues covered with the stability improvements listed in the change log (Optimized system, to enhance the stability)

4. nice159

nice159 Active Member