The Remote

Discussion in 'Eversolo' started by venga velo, Aug 21, 2023.

1. venga velo

venga velo New Member

The A6 is obviously a handsome piece of equipment. But the remote. What a POS.

Has anyone found a third-party unit that is more substantial? I'm only using it for volume control in a 2-channel system. Thanks for any pointers.

2. Agent Smith

Agent Smith New Member

3. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Now, honestly. If you use it ONLY for controlling the volume on a 2-ch system (then, why asking for more-substantial???)... what the hell is so wrong with the remote driving you to define it a POS?!?!?!?
    People are weird, uh!

Eric777 and JoseDLC like this.
  4. Jammer

Jammer Member

at contrary i think that remote is too much essential just because, if you want to control more stuff on DMP-A6, is necessary to use cast or phone app (also display)...

5. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Yes, but he stated he just needed volume control, and that can be done with no hassle with the remote.

Also, to control the whole function set of the A6 the remote would have to be enormous; hence the app, for more complex use.

Jammer likes this.
  6. Riley

Riley Member

I find it overall sufficient and a nice addition. Sure, an additional funtion or two might be nice, but if you really need more, you dig into the app. Pause, play and forward backward skip are nice for quick navigation through a playlist without having to pickup the phone or ipad.

Kell likes this.
  7. Dischord

Dischord New Member

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere before. But can the remote also power on the DMP-A6? I guess it should be able to if it uses IR, but I thought it best to ask.

8. Riley

Riley Member

Yes

Dischord likes this.
  9. Dischord

Dischord New Member

Thank you!

10. venga velo

venga velo New Member

Yeah, honestly. Some people like nice things. What the hell is so wrong with that?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2023
  11. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Yes, but be consistent: you want a more-featured remote, and then you just adjust the volume? 2 buttons requirement?
    Anyway.

12. venga velo

venga velo New Member

Inconsistent? Reading comprehension? I didn't say I wanted more features. I said I wanted a more substantial remote than the one provided and would like to find a third-party unit that doesn't feel like such a POS. Why does this upset you?

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome. Some people, indeed.

Feel free to remove yourself from this thread.

13. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

I am not upset.
    I am just saying that a remote such the one the A6 comes with, together with your need to "just control the volume" is good enough. It's smooth, elegant anthracite-shade of gray.
    Do you want a metal one? a bigger one? or what... It just seemed, to me, far too much to define it a POS, considering the use you'd make of it. That's it.

Peace.

14. venga velo

venga velo New Member

It's wonderful that you are so satisfied with it. I simply have higher standards.

Now, please stop trolling my thread and go away.

atomic garden likes this.
  15. eCu-

eCu- New Member

I love the remote. What i dont like is the ”hells bells sound” every time i start to use it.. Is there any way to disable this hidious sound?!

16. Riley

Riley Member

No pop or chime here, is the chime coming from your phone or device connecting to Bluetooth or something ?

17. eCu-

eCu- New Member

Pop has something to do with my external DAC (SMSL D-6). I now disconnected it and ran XLR from EverSolo straight to my active loudspeakers. The bell-sound is still there. A lot quieter, but it is there. It comes right when the BT remote connected -text comes to the A6’s display. So that has to be it. Just weird if all users dont get it, as i cant seem to find a place in the settings to disable the sound..

18. Delpo74

Delpo74 Member

Hello, I just bought the remote control, I have some questions:

- I have to pair it via bluetooth as specified for it to work, or IR is enough and nothing needs to be done

- Paired via Bluetooth, you can turn the Eversolo on and off (even via IR)

Greetings.

19. Riley

Riley Member

Why not just pair it and use it.

Delpo74 likes this.
  20. Delpo74

Delpo74 Member

You mean pairing via bluetooth, right?

That is my doubt, if later I will be able to turn the Eversolo on and off even though it is through IR.