The Fifth Element Won't Play In Dolby Vision!

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nicholas Hewitt, Apr 29, 2021.

1. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Just try a full power supply reboot.
    Maybe help you

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Hate to sound like a stuck record, but my Mandalorian DV MP4 test files play the same as before.

The thing is that the Dolby SDK allows for playback of Profile 4, Profile 5 and Profile 8 (and I think Profile 9, but that's irrelevant these days). The engineers for Dune, Zidoo and NVidia have had to figure out how to playback Profile 7 outside the Dolby SDK independently - this is a very very impressive accomplishment for all parties and trying to debug this kind of thing is like bubble wrap - push something down over here and something else pops up over there.

All three players have their pluses and minuses - I have all three so I know the capabilities of them all.

This player is wildly good at playing MKV DV files and it was the first by a long way. As time is going on, more containers are being added, but it takes time. Personally I remux everything to MKV rather than moaning about other formats not working properly yet and in the background I 'm in constant communication with Zidoo and providing constructive positive information on how to remedy issues as they arise rather than make negative non constructive comments which have to be demoralising when you're putting as much work into these devices as I know Zidoo (and Dune to be fair) are.

Sledgehamma likes this.
  3. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Yeah I forgot to update this. But after a power cycle they were fine. I should have known to do that before hand. Especially seeing as the update affected mp4. Thanks again.

4. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

Hello
    I confirm that the film is the fifth element.mkv that I have, my 3000 reproduces it perfectly in dolby vision.
    I have heard there are playback issues as this is a 24.00 title instead of 23.976.
    However, there are no chapters.:(

joe

5. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

You could easily add chapters of xx length in situ with https://www.videohelp.com/software/MKV-Chapterizer The program s an old one and no longer further developed but stills works. There was a site that publish actual chapters for movies as either text or xml file but long gone but an archive exists see here https://chapterdb.plex.tv/browse/5280. Its fairly straight forward to insert the chapter file via MKVToolNix. Once they are in you can then edit the times to fit your rip.

6. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

Thank you very much Netmask ...... I'll take a look ;)

joe