Still waiting for a bug release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z10' started by ThomasP, Dec 18, 2019.

1. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

When will the update for the Z10 will arrive? The USB-bug is known for month now and Zidoo does nothing.

2. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

Warning! Never buy a product of Zidoo again! Hardware looks good, but their lame developers have managed to bring in a bug and are not able to fix it. I paid 300€ for this trash with two faulty usb3 ports. But they don't care.

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The bug seems to be solved with Beta FW 2.2.3 running on UHD2000 and Z9S. These are respectively the new and try out platforms.
    It is a matter of days, maximum weeks and it will be available on the others too for sure including Z10.

Zidoo in fact is working constantly on their FW with regular updates. Not perfect but for sure above average in this market.

Юрий Гандев likes this.
  4. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

.@Nice Monkey

Regular? Sorry, but the issue with the usb3 ports exists since January 2019. The guys from android-mediaplayer.de gave Zidoo detailed information about this bug. and now 11 month later still no solution. It's like selling a car and you can not open the trunk to load it. Okay, i can load by the windows but i paid for the trunk.

5. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

Today Zidoo answered to my mail. "Wait for more days" was their ridicilous answer. Even NVidia helps their customers with a beta firmware or a hot fix if a problem occurs. But Zidoo is only interested in selling new and more and more expensive players. I paid a high price fpr a freeze machine and the machine which costs the half of it gets an update. Meanwhile other problems are known (e.g. toslink).

@Nice Monkey

Really above average in the market? I don't think so. Not for a high price company.

6. Nice Monkey

NVidea frankly is an exception in this market. But they charge premium prices for cheaply build boxes so should have margin for FW development. Next to that they are a huge company compared to most others.

The value/money ratio for a Z9S (or Z10) from Zidoo is excellent. Z1000 and above models have really nice HW builds but are functionally almost identical. The models with a DAC have again a really good value/money ratio if one appreciates quality sound and has the gear to reproduce it (costing a lot more money).

DELUCAS likes this.
  7. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

My Z10 is only three month old, i got with a non-properly-working usb3 port, that is what i call low quality to a high price. If they have not the manpower to give a good customer support then they should release less different player and more concentrate on existing machines. Do you really think someone will buy a player for 800€ if even the smaller players are not working properly? Why are they not able to bring a hot fix for the usb3 problem? THe smallest chinese companies managed to get a usb3 port working.

By the way have a look at this official forum. This forum is more or less dead. The company itself gives no support, sometimes they post news about newer players. That's it. I wrote a mail to the german distributor FutureStyle, no answer from this dump. Zidoo itself answered but only with empty phrases. I trusted Zidoo and now i cannot give back my player. 300€ set in the sand.

8. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Then sold it...
    What are you waiting for? :confused:
    With my z9s I don’t have problems..

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  9. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

I think so because you got a firmware update. And if you send me someone who gives me back my 300€ the player is sold as soon as possible.

Oh, i see Beta test group. Where have you guys been as in January the usb3 bug was established in the firmware update? No good job it looks like ...

10. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Just to give a positive note on my Z10 not had any serious issues but i do use internal 2tb ssd samsung drive
    And just use usb 2.0 to transfer files over .

apart from suspect miss leading Bit rate reading every thing works as it should .
    But i keep mine bare as anything and to watch Movies .

11. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

The Z9S user are happy and the Z10 who paid the double price for their player are still waiting ...

And both are waiting for a new ZDMC based on the newest Kodi.

12. DELUCAS

Its normally best practise to release latest beta firmware on one device only as if any issues it only effects smaller numbers etc
    Which makes sense .

just gotta be patient .

13. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

In the past the time between the Z9S and Z10 was for example 2 days. Look at 2.2.96. So i can not see the reason. The Zidoo support answered me several times, but only with wait, wait wait. When was the last time a member of the Zidoo tech dept answered here in this forum or helped a user? Have they dismissed their developers?

14. Nice Monkey

I am pretty convinced they will bring out a Stable Release (not a Beta) via OTA for all models once they get that very nasty Seamless Branching problem solved too.
    Most likely this is taking more time than planned. I already like FW 2.3.3 as is now with Gappsinstaller re-installed that is.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
  15. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

Cool. You like 2.3.3... maybe i as a Z10 owner would like it, too. But as far as the Z10 is concerned Zidoo sleeps the sleep of the just since january this year. Soon one year with not properly working usb3 ports is reached. Ridiculous. They will earn money with their players and are not able to get a usb3 port properly working ... not to mention ZDMC, meanwhile more than a month for a few adaptations. The seamless branching problem is not so important for me, i am satisfied if the basics i paid for are working!

16. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

WTF! Really? Within a few days the second new firmware for the Z9S and again NOTHING for the almost double priced Z10. I can not the policy of this strange company. As a owner of a Z10 i feel fooled.

17. DELUCAS

These are unoficial betas
    Not released by Zidoo there released for one machine only the Z9s to be tested and to see how stable and any reports findings of it etc .

if found to be good stable and fixes many issues its released to all player models as such .

hence why all other models have to wait for test reports .

it makes common sense and sadly we have to wait and see if .

18. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

I don't care why they do so. A few minutes ago my Z10 freezes again and i want to get rid of this. The issue is known by month now and they do nothing. I begin to hate this user unfriendly company. A hotfix for this issue would help, but i think they have no reasonable developers and have to wait for the manufacturer of the chip (in this case Realtek) helping them. A known way by Chinese companies in Shenzen. NEVER AGAIN ZIDOO!!!

19. Nice Monkey

I understand this but why don't you bypass the USB3 problem for the time being?
    - Use USB2 instead it is more than fast enough for playback.
    - Put a SATA attached HDD into your Z10 (you can even pull the HDD out of your External HDD, do this all the time)
    - Use a NAS setup (temporarily)
    It worked just fine for me.

Zidoo at least needs to solve the problems with Google Play Store and Services before doing a general release via OTA in my view. Customers may get stuck when that goes wrong without a more detailed knowledge to recover from that. That is worse than the USB3 problem.
    The FW 2.3.7 update overall is an impressive improvement with a huge update list. Just saw a version for X20 Pro got also released.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    DELUCAS likes this.
  20. catorcio

catorcio Member

The FW 2.3.7 update overall is an impressive improvement with a huge list of updates. This makes those who bought the Z10 even more angry

DELUCAS likes this.