status dolby vision functions

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by smartbrother, Aug 30, 2020.

1. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Hi, I have been saying this, people with good quality TV sets may get better active HDR than the VS10, thank you for confirming.

andreamusso.am likes this.
  2. Thanks to you, first of all because you answered me, then for what you said ........

Then, mind you, unfortunately since after the stroke, I am no longer so brilliant, but I can still compare two images .......

Then, I am the first to admit that, compared to 2/3 years ago, I can no longer, just with my brain to be as before and calibrating in HDR is not really a joke but, it must be done, since HDR becomes more and more important .

Thanks for everything and I wish everyone a good day, Andrea.

3. afss

afss Active Member

I have been using MAKEMKV 1.15.3 to convert UHD rips to MKV with Dolby Vision.

Please, does anybody know if remuxing those MKV DV files (i.e. adding new subtitle/audio tracks) using the latest version of MKVtoolnix (v51), breaks the Dolby Vision data ?

Thanks in advance !

4. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Not if you use latest MKV toolnix.

5. afss

afss Active Member

Thanks for the reply ! Yes, I will be using the latest and greatest MKVtoolnix, so should be good.

6. thatguy1985

thatguy1985 New Member

On the issue of MKV rips with DV....I'm noticing that the MEL (10bit) titles have no issue playing back DV on the Z9X, though HDR10+ and DV titles with an FEL (12bit) create an error message stating "unsupported signal - please check device output" on my Sony A8H. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020