Sporadically MCH refuses to play. Only a reboot fixes it.

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Nice Monkey, Jul 16, 2023.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Occasionally the local played refuses to play MCH via HDMI. It then only produces sound from the 2 front channels despite showing the correct channels on the player. Tried the following when this happens:
    - Playing tracks with MCH being: PCM, DTS-CD, SACD
    - Toggling 2.0 and 5.1 modes with SACD. Both result in 2 CH.
    - Toggling RCA and HDMI output modes. This neither does help
    Forgot to unplug and reconnect the AMP (my TV is always OFF). Neither power cycled the AMP.

Only a full reboot brings it back to normal operation. But it may also have the problem straight after a boot. It happens only sporadically. Could be a EDID problem?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2023
  2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

There was an issue with pre-release firmware where the EDID was not read if the amp was turned on after the A6 which resulted in stereo PCM but that was fixed quickly.

Unfortunately you can't spoof the EDID as you can with the media players, but if EDID was at fault here you wouldn't see (or be able to select) the correct number of channels, so I don't think it's that.

I can send you a debugger but you'd have to be able to replicate the problem at will to use it.