Some BD won't open the BD menu/navigation

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by xtripsnova, Apr 2, 2019.

1. xtripsnova

xtripsnova Member

Hello,
    I have had this issue with some movies, I don't remember which because I deleted them in the meantime, but I still have one exemple that I kept.
    DOLBY ATMOS DEMO DISC 2016
    The BD menu won't open. The loading cursor keeps circling infinitely. No error, no message. But it never opens.
    Needless to say that my eGreat A5 player opens it right away.

Any idea?

Attached Files:

2. xtripsnova

xtripsnova Member

BTW this is true with every firmware version. From the first one to 2.2.56.

3. x9suser

x9suser Member

Nzb file? What format is that ?

4. xtripsnova

xtripsnova Member

GIYF
    If you don't know what nzb stands for than you probably don't need it.
    Don't worry about it.

5. nikparf

nikparf New Member

You won't get help here. I have the same problem, but with all BD menus after Factory Reset. Everywhere I asked, I only got two answers from many different guys in different threads: to uprade to new firmware and to flash the box. Didn't help to get BD menus back.

When I started looking for problem solution on this forum, I was surprised there are so many people with the same problem. Bad thing there's no solution.

It's a shame Zidoo team doesn't reply to any of those threads, considering the problem is so widespread. Now I understand I bought a Chinese box without any support for money I could've bought three noname boxes.

If you contact Zidoo support team, they'll ask you to send them a video as a proof. But after that you'll get some silly advice, and when you reply them saying their suggestion didn't help, they'll ignore your message.

Zidoo team releases new firmwares every month, but if you read any of those threads, these firmwares just make things worse. Black screens, stuttering, and so on. If you think some Zidoo technician answers the questions of users, you're wrong.
    Zidoo team releases firmwares only to be different from any noname tv box (to set a higher price), because in reality there's no support and no guarantee you can get your money back.

I really think my problem (and yours) can be easily solved, and it's a shame we won't get any solution.
    Chinese kids will never start using this forum to answer people's questions.

Miguel Ramos likes this.
  6. Ovidiu Necula

Ovidiu Necula Member

Same here, Dolby Demo disc 2016 being stuck at loading part while DTS demo disc work flawless.

7. futeko.com

futeko.com Active Member

You only have to look at this forum to see that Zidoo offer good support. They answer questions directly and have a proven track record of providing fixes. Firmware updates are regular. They have developed their own media software.

Compare this to a 'no name' box where they have no forum, no communication with customers, provide minimal firmware updates and probably none at all past 12 months, and rely on third party software that will be incompatible in most cases with the hardware.

Even other products in a similar price range to Zidoo have inferior support. Dune have no forum, no communication, and their track record of updates is not great in recent times.

BD menu support is a difficult thing to get right because it exists in a grey area. Much has to be reverse engineering to make it legal. No product is perfect in this regard.

gymnos likes this.
  8. xtripsnova

xtripsnova Member

I agree while eGreat done it right from the beginning, almost. I have both and the only thing I like in the Z9S over the A5 is the Automatic Frame Rate and Resolution change + the ability to output 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 at 10bit.
    Let's wait. I hope they will do something about it.

9. nikparf

nikparf New Member

Zidoo team, it's a wrong move to make a tech store defend you instead of just posting instructions on how to bring BD menus back that disappeared after a simple factory reset. This fact just enrages me more.
    As I can see, the owners of the previous generation of players - X9S and X10 with Realtek 1295 - also have the same problem. So you keep ignoring your customers for several years already!

Tell me something, Zidoo team, you use this forum to post links to new firmwares every month (but they just make things worse: black screens, stuttering, and so on) to justify a price tag (higher than that of a noname player) OR to help people, make a technician answer their questions?

Before factory reset, I used my Zidoo to watch concert Blurays with menus. This was the main selling point for me when I bought this player.
    But now, when BD menus disappeared, and because I don't get any professional support, I'm gonna sell Zidoo, download my Blurays as mkv to my HDD, connect it to my TV, and watch the same movies without BD menus, but for free!

10. x9suser

x9suser Member

What exactly do you mean by BD Menus disappeared ? If you need help you should give a better description of your problem so others can try help you.

Do you actually mean when you click on the bluray.iso file you no longer see any selection options like this :-
    1. Play Video
    2. Play with Bluray Menu
    3. View Poster
    4. Open Directory (applicable only for BDMV folder)

If this is the case, then there is a simple solution. You must have mistakenly disabled the selection options yourself previously. To enable back, highlight the bluray iso file ( don't press OK button). Instead press the remote 'Menu' button , then select the 'Open with' option. You will now be presented with the full options to play bluray menus. Whatever you do, don't click on the tick box at the bottom if you want the full selection screen to remain as default.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  11. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

There are some things I want you to understand.
    For non bluray-disc player.It's impossible to do 100% for BD menu.
    I know some of you have some prejudices against China.
    You can never buy anything made in China.

12. xtripsnova

xtripsnova Member

Guys, this discussion is going astray.
    I opened it to discuss the problem I have with a few BDs that simply won't open at all in Navigation mode. Ok?
    Not about people having problems accessing this or that feature..

13. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

I have reason to believe that you may need to switch a network to activate something. Maybe it's your neighbor's house?

leonkoum likes this.
  14. xtripsnova

xtripsnova Member

Is the SUPER Administrator not taking things seriously? Can't be, right? I must be mistaken

15. nikparf

nikparf New Member

First, you can't control this discussion and tell people where they can write and where they can't.
    Next, well, if you don't get an answer to your question right away - welcome to the club of people like me with Z9S and people who bought X9S and X10 with Realtek 1295 who have been waiting for solution to their problems for years already!

16. nikparf

nikparf New Member

I see selection options and always click Play with Bluray Menu. Right after that a blue loading cursor starts circling, but later it abruptly stops circling.
    Zidoo doesn't show BD menus (animated ones with scene selection, bonus scenes, and so on) anymore, AFTER a simple factory reset.

17. nikparf

nikparf New Member

You really think I try to open some new Blurays I never watched?
    My Zidoo opened every Bluray folder I have on my HDDs with menus (animated ones with scene selection, bonus scenes, and so on) BEFORE I did a factory reset.
    But now with the same freaking Bluray folders, Zidoo goes straight to the film, as if it is a simple mkv.

I already rebooted Zidoo (it didn't help)
    I already upgraded to new firmware (obviously, it didn't help)
    I already flashed several times using different USB sticks (surprisingly, it didn't help)
    I even connected brand new HDD and SATA drive (it didn't help)

18. x9suser

x9suser Member

Are you already on FW 2.2.56?

Sometimes it takes a while before the Menus appear. You can try pressing the Next button to try to help it along.

Have you also tried to change the Region of your blurays (A,B,C) in the playback settings options.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    gymnos likes this.
  19. xtripsnova

xtripsnova Member

What do you mean? Of course I cannot and will not control who writes what. This is totally besides the point. What I meant was that if each of us expects some kind of answers we should open as many discussions being more precise on one issue, and not dilute each issue to the point nobody knows what we are talking about.

20. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

@xtripsnova
    Yes the BD menu support is fairly good only. Some players are even better but none are perfect (not even expensive brand UHD/BD/DVD disc players).
    I can confirm your finding in the original post. Came across a few other examples also. Only really important when needing the menu for track/version/episode selection which obviously is the case for your example.