ROON storage access on internal SSD

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Pike2211, Jul 25, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Pike2211

Pike2211 New Member

This maybe a newbie question but I am trying to connect Roon to the internal SSD drive. Not having any luck with SMB address. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Ctrl-Alt-Del

Ctrl-Alt-Del New Member

To the internal drive of a zidoo device? Roon ready zidoo devices are Roon endpoints (clients). I don't think it is a good idea to transport music streams from the local drive of the client to the server and back to the client again. Which zidoo player do you have? The new RTD 1619BPD devices still have problems with SMB shares. Z9x Pro internal Samba Server problem | Zidoo forum

3. Pike2211

Pike2211 New Member

Eversolo- DMP-A6

4. Ctrl-Alt-Del

Ctrl-Alt-Del New Member

What I said also applies to Eversolo.

5. Pike2211

Pike2211 New Member

I managed to get it to work! Roon is able to see the files on the internal 4T SSD. It sounds very good in my opinion. A lot less cables and devices on my network and its very fast!

6. Kiats

Kiats New Member

How did you get this to work? What is the directory you pointed Roon to? Thanks

7. JamOne

JamOne Active Member

It should be \\dmp_samba\share. Alternatively with the A6 IP address instead of dmp_samba. From there you can look for the folder with music tracks

Kiats likes this.
  8. Kiats

Kiats New Member

Thank you! It worked!

JamOne likes this.
  9. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Using \\dmp_samba\share is better as it uses DNS (still works after a router boot with new DHCP).

10. JamOne

JamOne Active Member

I know, however Samba in the A6 seems to be a little buggy, at least for me, as it doesn't show up in my Windows network environment. I can only access it by typing its IP Address in windows explorer. That's why I gave it as alternative, just in case of problems :).

As for the router boot up, almost the majority of the routers have a tick box where it can be instructed to assign always the same address

This is my FritzBox:

upload_2023-7-29_11-42-16.png

11. Nice Monkey

I access it with Windows 10 using Total Commander. So it works with Windows for sure.

12. JamOne

JamOne Active Member

I should be able to access SMB share with Windows regardless, without any additional application. My two NAS show properly as well as my Auralic Aries Mini and the now sold Aries G2.1 and my other PC's. If you need Total Commander, it makes me think there is some issue with A6 SMB being recognized by Windows. This behavior is the same on two different machines running W11 and W10. It shows up as media device though :).

upload_2023-7-29_12-19-52.png

upload_2023-7-29_12-21-14.png

13. Nice Monkey

I don't do an automatic search for SMB servers. That requires several more IP features to work.
    I just type \\dmp_samba\share where the IP-Address is asked for doing a manual setup. That requires just the DNS reply to work.

14. JamOne

JamOne Active Member

So, it is kind of crippled. If I have to type it manually, either I type the IP or the SMB name, what's the difference? Actually, I am faster typing the IP ...that in my case will never change ;).

Nice streamer, I love it. SQ wise, it stands very close to a 5 times more expensive Auralic Aries G2.1 which I just sold. I am using it with an external DAC, Holo May KTE. Didn't try the analogue output yet. But, crippled windows usb drivers, crippled SMB, a very basic library manager (it only groups by artist/album)....is this the compromise for a cheap price?

Inti likes this.
  15. Inti

Inti Active Member

Hi i can only second that I also had a Auralic Aries 2.1 and Auralic Vega 2.1 I love the Eversolo A6 and think dat with time all bugs will be fixed

Last edited: Jul 29, 2023
    JamOne likes this.
  16. JamOne

JamOne Active Member

My biggest wish is a library manager on par with Auralic LDS, for the rest is working to my expectation for what i use it for. I don’t care about Samba not showing up automarically as long as can somehow access it from my PC

Inti likes this.