Roon Ready removed from DMP-A6 product page?

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by glc650, Jun 23, 2023.

1. glc650

glc650 Member

Didn't the product page previously state Roon Ready?

2. Arcticpollen

Arcticpollen Active Member

I believe it did. Hopefully only at Roon's request while full certification progresses.

I will be very disappointed if the device stops working with Roon during this process.

This is an aspect that Eversolo need to comment on.

3. glc650

glc650 Member

Agreed. There's a thread about this at the Roon forum. Roon says they have reached out to Eversolo. It sounds as though Roon wasn't even aware of the A6, like it hasn't been submitted for certification. We really need Eversolo's reassurance that certification is coming.

4. Spizz

Spizz Member

Uh oh. Some people bought the A6 specifically for Roon support. To remove the functionality Eversolo/Zidoo would face backlash/cancelled sales/returns for refunds for False Advertising. This would harm the goodwill they have enjoyed.

Mirror can you please comment and reassure owners and potential buyers and get ahead of this?

glc650 likes this.
  5. Spizz

Spizz Member

From a post on the Roon forums-

We will reach out and see if this is an innocent mistake or they are doing something against the rules.

In the meanwhile, I highly suggest you do not purchase the DMP-A6.”

Mirror please get in contact with Roon asap and resolve this. Also please reassure current owners that Functionality will not be removed in further firmware updates.

The fact that the A6 is the only product to pass through Native Multi-Channel DSD from Roon via HDMI without converting to PCM it would be a big loss to loose that along with the general Roon functionality.

This is the time to get ahead of any fall out both with Roon and Eversolo owners/customers by posting a reassuring statement.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2023
  6. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

In the meanwhile, I highly suggest you do not purchase the DMP-A6.

That’s not a fair advice, it would make more sense if he said:

“I highly suggest you do not purchase the DMP-A6 if you intend to use Roon”.

Many is buying the DMP-A6 not because of Roon, myself included.

Even then, I don’t know anything about Roon so I might be misunderstanding things, it does work.

7. glc650

glc650 Member

The quote was from the founder of Roon on the Roon forum regarding this devices RR certification so you are taking it completely out of context.

8. multisport4me

multisport4me Member

This is bad. Very very bad. I am so disappointed. I should have known based on the crap response to my request for additional Roon Ready features being met with a "it's not a priority." Well guess what @mirror.....ITS A PRIORITY NOW! Why in the hell would your company ship this as Roon Ready when you've not even been in contact with Roon? You guys have earned a million atta-boys' from reviewers and users alike and all that momentum goes out the window with one major f*&^k up like this. PLEASE ADDRESS THIS MATTER ASAP!

9. glc650

glc650 Member

They certainly can't argue ignorance here. Zidoo has several devices each of which have been RR certified so they clearly know how to do it right and already have some sort of relationship with Roon. It sounds like Eversolo was just trying to cut corners but until they clarify the situation we won't know for sure.

10. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Wow, you really look down on people, don’t you? Have some respects, you don’t know me. I know that, it’s obvious isn’t it?

That is exactly the problem, even if it’s just for the Roon community, he should know better not to say something like that because people will quote it out of context just like what’s happening here (it’s first hand here so it’s clear, but when it gets quote more and more it’s going to lose the context).

Congrats, you’re ignored.

11. glc650

glc650 Member

What is your problem? All I did was give proper context. If you are not using this device with Roon then this situation (and Roon's response) is completely irrelevant to you.

What the hell would you suggest then? Anything can be misquoted or taken out of context. It's impossible to word everything so that it isn't. Again, the quote is from a Roon founder on their own site regarding RR certification for a third party product and is thus far the only response Roon users have gotten since Eversolo hasn't yet responded. Of course Roon is only speaking for their use case and doesn't care about any other features or use cases. Why would they? They would have no impact on the use of this product with Roon.

Right back at you.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2023
    Spizz likes this.
  12. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

We have been in contact with the Roon partner team and just two days ago we submitted a firmware. It is very close to certification

For those who want to buy A6 for the sake of Roon, I suggest waiting for it to be certificated.

13. Spizz

Spizz Member

Thanks you Mirror for the reassurance.

14. Ramuk

Ramuk New Member

Hi don't really give a sh-t if if is not fully cert as RR as long as I can still use it through Roon. I am a life time subscriber to Roon and know that they need to protect the product, but how dare they tell people not to buy a product, it works fine without Roon anyway! they are up their own sometimes... rant over Eversolo and Roon please communicate its in both your interests

Nutul likes this.
  15. glc650

glc650 Member

There is no in-between. It is either certified or it isn't and this product currently is not (but that is in the works). It only works in Roon now because it is misidentified as a similar product that is certified. This is the issue (and the fact it was claimed to be certified from the get go and as recently as a few days ago).

They were telling Roon users not to buy because it isn't certified yet, that is all. Nobody ever said not to buy it for its other features or that it wasn't a great product otherwise.

Spizz likes this.
  16. Arcticpollen

That seems a bit short sighted. I'm in the same boat. I bought the DMP-A6 as it was advertised by Eversolo as Roon ready and all the post release reviews conformed that it owrked fine as a Roon endpoint and still does currently.

Danny Dulai (one of the Roon founders) over in the Roon community forums was quite within his rights to suggest that Roon users might want to hold off buying the DMP-A6 for the time being - https://community.roonlabs.com/t/eversolo-dmp-a6/242842/81?u=steven_wilkes. Several users over there are stirring Roon up and complaining about Eversolo's approach in piggy backing onto an existing Roon ready certification for a Zidoo player.

I'm hoping that Eversolo are playing nicely with Roon now and that the certification process is properly underway.

@mirror - I'm afraid I don't find that comment particularly reassuring. If Roon feel the need to block the DMP-A6 and are able to do so pending proper certification, I will be returning mine to the UK dealer I bought it from. I'm sure there are other owners who will feel the same. Roon is my primary use case for a streamer.

It's interesting that Eversolo have now removed any reference to Roon in the product specs for the DMP-A6. Theye were there, as can be seen in this screenshot from May.

[​IMG]

17. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Hey guys aren't we making this thing bigger than it is?

Of course Eversolo/Zidoo made a marketing mistake here trying to cut the time-to-market. We all know how long Roon takes for their certifications but is not an excuse for doing so.
    So they temporary spoof the box reply to "what is the type" by answering it is a "Zidoo Neo S" which obviously is a bit dirty trick.
    Having multiple products which have been certified already they most certainly implemented Roon the right way with even MCH audio support included. That is not the problem.
    I don't expect Roon now to start blocking connections coming from DMP-A6 as the process for correction is on its way. Neither expect Eversolo to remove Roon support till it is accomplished. Some seem to be afraid of that.
    But for new customers having Roon as one of the main goodies the clean advice of both Eversolo and Roon is now to wait for that final stamp to be put on the form. This visible by looking at the pages of Roon where they are all visible.

I have seen spoofing a lot worse where often famous brands where spoofed like being a "Nvidia Shield TV'. Doing so involves pretending you are another brand and can lead to serious legal troubles with both the spoofed party and Roon. Netflix is is the other certification I have seen being spoofed several times to get audio and video working in Atmos and 4K with DV.

It is fine to disagree with me. Just my 5 cents. Won't go into any discussion about it.

18. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Does it work with Roon as one would expect a RR device to?
    If not, then Eversolo needs to address the issue.
    If yes, stop ranting out s**t, sit down, and enjoy the music.

Cheers everybody.

George M. likes this.
  19. glc650

glc650 Member

I'm sure Roon told them they can't advertise something they don't actually have.

That could very well be but we don't know because we don't know what will happen. RR was a requirement for me so as long as I can use it with Roon while it gets certified then it won't be a big deal at all.

We don't know for sure what they did or didn't do. There could be multiple innocent mistakes at play here or something more nefarious. We just don't know.

But they didn't do it the right way, that's the problem. The right way would have been actually obtaining certification prior to selling the device (or at least prior to advertising certification).

Yes, but it isn't certified so that doesn't mean that it couldn't stop working with the next update.

Spizz likes this.
  20. Arcticpollen

No one seems to be ranting here except you. Yes, it works with Roon currently and I’m very happy with the device. If it stops working with Roon, I’ll be returning it. YMMV.

Please try to take a chill pill before rattling off intemperate replies.

Spizz likes this.