Restore factory settings = erase usb disk?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Carlos Lorenzo Diaz, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Carlos Lorenzo Diaz

Carlos Lorenzo Diaz New Member

Hello!

Yesterday I wanted to put the new firmware 1.2.12, but I foresaw wanted to restore factory values, to have my zidoo x9s as the first day and then install the latest firmware.

When restoring factory settings, two hard disks (4Tb and 3Tb) and a pendrive with the update and other information were connected.

After restoring values Zidoo X9s does not detect hard disks, neither. It only detects the pendrive and there is no longer any document inside, only a new folder called Android.

What happened?

When I connect the pendrive to the computer, I see that, effectively there is nothing, everything has been deleted and there is only a new folder called Android.

And when connecting the hard disks to the computer is worse, not even detects !!!

Has Zidoo erased hard drive data by restoring factory settings? How is it possible?

I lost 7TB of information ????

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

what about in device manager ? does windows see any tipe of space ? formated or raw ?

3. Carlos Lorenzo Diaz

Carlos Lorenzo Diaz New Member

I did not enter in the device manager.

I just connected the disks, the computer detected them (install drivers) and then nothing, the drive did not appear.

It was late and I went to sleep.

This afternoon I will go into the device manager to see if they appear.

I have two doubts:

- Is it normal what happened? It should be warned not to pass to other users.

- Who recommends software to recover the information?

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i't first time i see this problem. And i'm on this forum for almost 1 year not.

MiniTool partition wizard free should have option to recover partition. i did recover in the past using it

5. javarix

javarix Member

I have exactly the same happened. The factory restore deleted without warning hint my entire 500gb hard drive. I could restore the data but I understand not the sense thats a factory reset delete an external usb device. only the zidoo device must be reset and not the external devices.

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

This is a very serious bug. About the worst thing a FW might do.
    Did not see it myself though. Used the factory reset but have the good habit to detach everything when playing with FW updates.

Will try it once more with various USB-sticsks connected to the USB-ports.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  7. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Could you give us more information,We can't reproduce it

8. javarix

javarix Member

@mirror I look at the problem with the factory reset tonight.

9. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I can't reproduce either. Tried with loaded USB-Sticks on all 3 USB-ports. Content still there intact after a factory reset.

10. javarix

javarix Member

So I had now time to test the Factory Reset. I have an external 3.5 "hard drive plugged in with an external power supply .. My Zidoo x9s has the version 1.3.0 beta The hard drive was NOT deleted after factory reset. Included SD card was also NOT deleted

But that did not happen with the current firmware version 1.3.0 beta. I think it was before the version 1.1.12. I had a 2.5 "hard drive without power supply at the USB 3.0 port. Which firmware version I do not know. Exactly, it's been a couple of weeks ago. However, all data on the hard drive were deleted, as was the case with member Carlos Lorenzo Diaz.

i have all the firmware versions here. i check all before 1.1.12, report later

Report:

1.1.11 Factory Reset deletes the SD card but not the external USB Hard Disk.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  11. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Do you setup your usb disk to "as a internal storage" mode? If yes,erase it is a proper behavior.

12. javarix

javarix Member

There was a short time a 1.1.11 beta from freaktab to download. I think it could have been this version. I'm not sure, And I have this version no more. As said in yesterday's test with the versions from here, was nothing negative. Only the SD card was the formatting away the partition keep with version 1.1.11. Maybe Carlos Lorenzo Diaz can say something to it that has happened.

@mirror thx, Maybe unintentionally, i will check this