Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Sooo... I made an MKV in MakeMKV yest. with DV FEL profile intact. Then muxed that MKV with atmos track in MKVToolNix... still only got HDR10. Not sure what im doing wrong here. PS, im not the smart tool in the shed when it comes to this stuff.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Stupid question, but you did tick the right streams in MKVToolnix right?

upload_2023-4-6_15-57-31.png

upload_2023-4-6_16-0-39.png

3. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Yes sir, made sure the MakeMKV mux included the DV profile and that the right files were ticked off in MTN. I will try again tonight regardless just to make sure it wasn't user error.

4. Markswift2003

And it’s a recent copy of MkvToolnix?

B0RN likes this.
  5. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

yes, version 75, the latest.

6. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Curious as to why you cant get the Atmos soundtrack already with the DV video file straight from the original disc rip? What are you trying to mux together? I would just re-rip the disc with MakeMKV. Or do you no longer have the disc?

7. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Good Question - The UHD of Emergency Declaration doesnt have the Atmos track that their BD does - stupid I know.

8. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Oh weird! That's the first I have heard of Atmos being on the BD and not the 4K! Now I understand... lol.

9. swimmingplaces

swimmingplaces New Member

Hi everyone,
    is there any reasoning behind setting the output to yuv 444 when the source material is 420?

10. Markswift2003

Yes, YUV 4:2:0 isn't a legal HDMI mode at 23~30Hz, only at 50~60Hz.

swimmingplaces and xskip like this.
  11. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Need help with NFS pls.
    I have NFS setup on PC (connected to external hard drives) and the Media Center will recognize the folders, the movies, the files, and play them perfectly. Zero Stutter.

Problem is with HT4.0 where it will also see the files and folders but won't mount the folder/drive. It won't scan them or say scanned and zero files will be listed and then after a while itll just Invalid. Are there any settings im missing or can tinker with to make HT/NFS work?

I remember one time a person said he had bad speeds or issues with NAS and after changing an advance network setting, it started working for him but I didn't find anything helpful the Advance menu either. Any ideas are welcome.

12. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

Have you tried the same thing using SMB from your PC? NFS is a much older protocol and whilst some users with NAS's may feel it works better for them (and this varies a lot) SMB protocol has been well established on PC's and media players.

13. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

If anyone has the same problem at any time, I got help from Zidoo Support. Locking the resolution helps to keep the LLDV setting after a player start without TV and AVR.

14. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

I cannot get SMB to work on Z9X unfortunately, it keeps asking for login and password and my PC doesnt have any.

15. Markswift2003

Just leave them blank and press OK

16. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

I wish it was that simple, I've been on this stuggle bus for a month now and tried this and a lot of diff. things to make SMB work but no luck. I finally got NFS to work but its stutterville on there. A while ago, HT would try to scan those drives/folders but now its completely stopped working. Oddly, Media Center sees and play the files fine.

17. Markswift2003

Weird - Something's got corrupted somewhere - think I'd reset HT and start from scratch. I certainly wouldn't use NFS though.

18. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

SMB doesnt work at all. NFS at least works in Media Center. Aside from a full NAS or the likes, what else can I try?

19. Markswift2003

Hang on - when you said it works in Media Center did you mean only NFS?

20. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

assuming your PC is on Windows, have you tried using your Admin log-in and password on the Zidoo?