Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Valary

Valary New Member

Thank you!

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

First question - all the videos look great in LLDV here - where do you see the artifacts in the third Video?

Also, what firmware version are you using?

Last edited: May 29, 2021
  3. Valary

Valary New Member

I am using 6.32 firmware

I see the artifacts in the sky. Especially from 15 sec of playback. When I play it using just TV the picture is much clear. I don't know how to make screenshots from TV, so I've just took a pictures by my phone.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      124 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      74.4 KB
      Views:
  4. Valary

Valary New Member

of course, I've pause the video and phone added some artifacts too. It's not so awful as here.
    For comparison here is the photo I took while playing from TV 3.jpg

5. Markswift2003

Ok - I'm not seeing that at all. You're not using a Custom EDID are you?

Capture.jpg

6. Valary

Valary New Member

It's without any EDID.
    For now. I found the temporal solution.
    I set TV DOLBY VISION COMPATIBILITY MODE to TV led DV and turned on EDID, using standard bt2020 EDID provided initially. In this case the dolby vision is working and picture looks good, but I'm not sure it's the best options. It would be great to find out what's wrong with the EDID on my TV, because when I turn it on - it's exactly the same behaviour as with the EDID option turned off at all

7. Valary

Valary New Member

By the way, how did you capture the image? Just took a picture? It looks great!
    And do you have the same TV as mine ( OLED B8) ?

8. Markswift2003

I'm going to have to come back to this later - we've got dinner guests about to arrive, but I'm glad you have a temporary solution.

We'll catch up with this tomorrow :)

Took the pic with my iPhone (6s).

And the TV is a Samsung LED using the LLDV hack to show Dolby Vision.

9. xskip

xskip Active Member

for me... all 3 videos plays perfect. TV led DV.
    i hope you find solution.

10. Valary

Valary New Member

Sure. tomorrow will be fine. Thank you for your help!

11. Valary

Valary New Member

I suppose they should play perfectly. I think the problem could be either in my settings on TV/Zidoo or in some kind of incompatibility between TV and media player.
    When I use a standard Bt.2020 EDID it works. But it does not work for some reason with EDID of my own TV.

12. Markswift2003

I think I have some answers for you.

According to the TV EDID, the TV is HDMI 1.4 with a maximum clock speed of 300MHz.

However, when the soundbar is incorporated, for some reason this adds an HDMI forum block to the EDID which is usually only present in HDMI 2.* EDIDs. This raises the clock speed to 450MHz. (this is in itself a bit odd because HDMI 1.4 is 300MHz and HDMI 2.0 is 600MHz approx - actually 297 and 594 respectively)

ie - it tells the Zidoo it can send a higher speed signal than the TV can cope with.

When you send Standard DV at 60fps this should be an 8-bit RBG signal which is 594MHz - ie more than the TV can handle. What should happen is the Zidoo should reduce the frame rate by half to 30fps and this signal can be played - however I think the Zidoo is getting confused by the strange EDID from the soundbar and producing 60fps which cannot be displayed.

This doesn't explain the 23.976fps file because that should be fine and within the capabilities of the display. However, I think there is some incompatibility between the Zidoo, the soundbar and the TV which I can't really explain in that case.

So the upshot of this is use Player Led DV (LLDV) as that seems to work and I assume switches the framerate from 60fps to 30fps for 60fps DV content (as that would normally be at 4:2:2 12-bit which at 60fps is 594MHz and beyond the TV's capabilities).

As for the coloured blocking - that looks like macroblocks which is usually a sign of bad encoding but I think in this case what's happening is the clipping of specular highlights.

The Dolby Block in your TV EDID defines the max nits of your display (500nits) and the colour primaries which are usually close to B.2020 for newer LGs but in your case are somewhere between BT.2020 and DCI-P3 - they are a bit of a mixed bag.

Really I would expect that Dolby Block to be perfectly matched to your TV but it seems maybe not since you say that the BT.2020 EDID in the Zidoo clears the picture up.

I wrote that EDID (originally for HDFury) and it has Colour Primaries exactly at BT.2020 and the Max Nits are set at 1000nits.

So here are a couple of EDIDs to try. These are based on your TV EDID for video (so they have the 300MHz constraint) and the audio capabilities of your soundbar.

The Dolby Block in this one has the Max Nits set to 1000nits and the colour primaries the same as your TV

https://mega.nz/file/0D52hYqC#gyejIHUXV05o-uWaWZAHxBxqH9QSlEFa_m28E9SGILQ

And this one has the Max Nits set to 500nits as your TV has but the colour primaries are set to BT.2020

https://mega.nz/file/EahgzI5a#9X3YtjhR5drKhVloeFbfE7n0j8fahcqFy-ccWX-U4ic

Try them and see which is better for DV.....

(by the way - is it an LG B8 or B9?)

13. Valary

Valary New Member

Thank you for your investigation.
    I will try these EDIDs tomorrow.
    But it seems rather strange for me because my TV is B8 and according to the spec it has HDMI 2.0, so it has to support 600MHz.
    Moreover - it supports Dolby Atmos and TrueHD and I really hear the sound when I am playing TrueHD+Atmos. So I guess it can't be 1.4
    If I try another HDMI port - maybe the results will be different? What do you think?
    And another question - is EDID saving a standard procedure? I mean, can I be sure that results are absolutely plausible?

Here is the exact model of my TV OLED55B8SLB
    Sorry, I can't give you an exact link to the spec. because all results I get - in Russian((( I can't find any English version there.. I'm very angry with google now((((

And by the way - do you know how I can delete EDIDs in Zidoo? Because it's already plenty of them there and I would like to clean up everything to avoid a mess

14. Markswift2003

Yes - that's possible - maybe only one port is HDMI 2.0? Also there may be a setting to switch between HDMI 1.4 and 2.0 - I don't have any experience with LG so I'm not sure.

My Samsung has a setting called "UHD Colour" and that allows HDMI 2.0 features and changes the EDID.

Yes - saving the EDID works fine - there is a checksum which would not work if the EDID was invalid.

To delete a custom EDID from the list, press "Menu".

15. Markswift2003

Just out of interest, attached are the EDID Reports of the TV and the Soundbar and the Dolby Block translates like this:

LG B8

DV Version: 1 [short 12-byte version]
    DV DM Version: v3.x
    DV Interface: standard and low latency 422 12bit
    2160p60: supported
    YUV422 12bit: not supported
    Global Dimming: not supported
    Backlight Control: not supported
    RED Primary: 0.703, 0.320
    GREEN Primary: 0.246, 0.723
    BLUE Primary: 0.129, 0.035
    MAX/MIN Luminance: 500 / 0.000 nits

Attached Files:

16. Valary

Valary New Member

Thank you, Mark, for your help!

Hope I have not bothered you yet.
    I've tried the both EDIDs you sent and they had been working quite good for several hours. I played test files, watched a couple of movies and on the third movie, everything crashes again. It was custom DV MKV, but I was pissed off and tired to spent so many time struggling with Zidoo instead enjoying everything and forced the player to reset for factory settings. So I got the clear setup and suddenly everything start working just as it should be. I'm not sure what settings or application can induce this situation, I've tried to change different settings, but it still working.
    Here are EDIDS I've saved once more. I wonder if they are different from the previous versions.
    If you could give me a hint on how I can view these files by myself I will make some investigation with different settings to understand what is going on with this info in different modes, settings and etc.

For now, everything related to video is working, except some unstable behavior when I get the wrong frequency to HDR 10 instead of DV.
    When I connect Zidoo directly to TV I have all video modes playing perfectly for now and with the right frequency.
    The only disadvantage of this is some sound issues related as I think that TV does not allow to pass through HD 7.1 sound and I have as a result simultaneous sound on surround and rear channels, but I think it's a TV issue.
    When I connect Zidoo through the soundbar I get all Dolby sound with amazing HD 7.1.2 quality and only a bit frustrating thing is that I don't have DTS sound at all(((( I think it because my SB does not support DTS HD Master, but it supports HD core, so I had DTS when I connected Zidoo to TV directly or play some files from TV for example.
    My only concern that Zidoo does not have separate settings for Dolby and DTS sound and only way I can get DTS is to Audio/Downmix HD Audio output: ON. But in this case I have downgraded Dolby sounds as well.
    If you have any connection with developers - please ask them to make separate settings for dolby and DTS in next firmware. It would be great!
    And when I connect Zidoo through the soundbar I got 30Hz instead 60 and 60Hz mode has disappeared from the settings at all.

I will start to install software to the Zidoo again and will try to do it slowly and will be checking if everything is all right after each step.

Thanks again!

Attached Files:

17. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Out of interest I tried these videos on my CX (2020 LG).

HDR set to auto and DV compatible mode set to LLDV

DV kicks in and all look great with no visual artifacts BUT playback starts to get herky jerky after about 20 seconds. Stays that way until end of clip.

Playback is even worse if I switch to TV led DV!

18. Markswift2003

No bother at all - sadly I find all this rather interesting ;)

So you must have done something on the TV end - maybe a different HDMI port? because the TV EDID is full 594MHz HDMI 2.0 now.

The soundbar still restricts to 450MHz so that would still restrict 4K60 DV to 4K30 as you say, but that's nothing to worry about since the vast majority of content is 4K23.

No - that Soundbar only supports DTS - I noticed that in the EDID and thought it was strange (the TV supports 8 channel DTS-HD), but the EDID allows for 6 channel DTS which should be available from the core track in a DTS-HD stream.

I made a post in the EDID thread about the software I use:

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...1-10-onwards-updated.86856/page-4#post-149613

19. Markswift2003

They all play fine here in LLDV except for one (forget which) that plays all the way through but just stops on the last frame and you have to press return twice to stop playback (definitely a dodgy file!)

20. Valary

Valary New Member

Thank you. Will review the software later,
    I did nothing on TV end. The HDMI port should be the same and it is definitely the same with the soundbar, because TV has only one HDMI ARC and I pluged-in Soundbar there and he's been there from very beginning
    All I did it's just reset Zidoo down to factory settings.

Yes the TV itself supports 8 channel DTS-HD but it could passthrough only DTS core to Soundbar, and the same with Atmos HD, he can play it by itself ( as DTS HD Master) but since it has only 2 speakers it' s not very helpful.
    Unfortunately TV passes to Soundbar only 5.1 channels of Dolby or DTS and 7.1 channels of Dolby digital ( lossy sound).

So, yes, if we are talking about real content, not a demos, most of them will play fine. As far as I know, only a few movies were originally made using 60Hz, so my main concern is DTS sound. If I put no restriction on HD Zidoo does not understand that it should transfer only DTS core from a DTS-HD stream. If I make restriction to HD sound I get crappy Dolby Atmos as well.