Recommendations for an Epson Projector Please:

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by witchdoctor, May 18, 2022.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Didn't know the LS12000 supported HDR10+. You learn something new every day :)

There are several ways to handle DV, but yes, the easiest is to let the VS10 engine handle it on its own.

So in your case, Profile 7 & 8 DV will play the HDR10 or HDR10+ base layer natively and Profile 5 DV will be converted by VS10 to HDR10.

No need for Fury ;)

2. joey_corleone

joey_corleone Member

For others like me with Epson LS12000 and Zidoo, I am curious what light output you use on the epson.

I have been running without VS10 and my projector set to 75% light output for SDR and 100% for HDR.

I found if I turn on VS10, things are considerably darker for SDR. I need to bump the light output to 100% to get it looking about the same as 75% without VS10

I am trying to decide if I should run VS10 and keep the projector at 100% all the time

3. witchdoctor

witchdoctor Member

Joey- It will depend on your room and how far you sit from the screen, just experiment.

joey_corleone likes this.
  4. joey_corleone

joey_corleone Member

Indeed, I have been doing a ton of testing with different Zidoo settings and Epson LS12000 dynamic mode calibrations found over at AVS forums

5. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Maybe you have already tested this, but with my Epson 6050, I use VS10 to SDR for all content and am very happy with the results (with 4K HDR as well as 1080p SDR) and love the virtual elimination of HDMI resyncs as a result of choosing 4K/23hz for my display (GUI) resolution.. Some people have posted that they don't like the GUI being at 23Hz, but with my Epson's e-shift, I don't notice any issues at that frame rate.

6. joey_corleone

joey_corleone Member

Yeah, I have also on settled on VS10 HDR for everything and UI at 4k/23 as well

7. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Gotcha... for me VS10 to SDR just seems to work best on my Epson....VS10 HDR looked good, just that I could not see any (noticeable to me) improvement or benefits on my 6050 considering its SDR performance is excellent.