Quick Question about the interface

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nicholas Hewitt, Dec 9, 2022.

1. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Hi, do any of the zidoo models have a 4k 60hz interface option? I have a Z9X and it's really weird having only 4k @ 30hz, but 1080p @ 60hz. Seeing as most people have a 4k tv that is at the very least 60hz why have a 30hz option and not a 60hz especially at this price point.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes of course! They all do 4K60

If you can't see 4K60 in the options it's because of the EDID from the TV.

Just checked the EDID for a TCL 55R617-CA and it supports 4K60 fine - are you using a custom EDID?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2022
  3. Nicholas Hewitt

But my tv is 60hz

4. Nicholas Hewitt

Sorry didn't read your full message. Maybe I have to change the hdmi cable? No custom edid.

Edit: just tried switching the hdmi cable but it did not make a difference. I also tried a different HDMI port.

5. Nicholas Hewitt

Haha actually I figured it out. For some reason TCL decided it would use a default auto hdmi mode that does not work properly. Setting the HDMI mode to standard makes the hdmi port use all the features. Thanks again for your help.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  6. Nicholas Hewitt

One more question. Should I have hdcp 2.2 turned on or off?

7. Markswift2003

I turn it off - there's no use for it with the Zidoo - theoretically it shouldn't make a difference, but my attitude is always, if you don't need it, turn it off!

dr4go likes this.
  8. Nicholas Hewitt

Haha great, Thanks!

9. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

All my gear supports it so I turned it on but doesn't make any difference that I'm aware of...

10. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I don't either but my eyes are almost 70 years old. :oops:

Some did see the flickering with 25 and 30 hz but modern TV's refresh/update the screen with multiple rates of that. Upscaling works fantastic these days (either by TV or media player) .
    So it is more cosmetic than anything else. :rolleyes:

11. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

My eyes are nearly 85 years old but I do have 6 - 6 eyesight (20/20).

12. Markswift2003

Shouldn't matter either way but the Zidoo doesn't do anything that requires HDCP since Netflix and the like locked down everything.