Question about Zidoo x9S

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by manifesto1969, Oct 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. manifesto1969

manifesto1969 Member

Hi all,

Can someone answer the following questions please.

1. Does the player handle forced subtitles?
    2. Does it handle 23.976 framerate - and thus no stuttering
    3. Does it allow for adding additional menu option to the movie wall - i have seen images of menu option like: 3D, 4K etc, however I like to break my movies down further ie. 3D - Kids, 3D - Adult (rather than lumped together as 3D)
    4. Does it play Atmos and DTS:X
    5. Does it handle 3D iso as well as 3D mkv ok?
    6. Does it handle DVD iso ok?
    7. Does it play 4K UHD iso or only the m2ts file of the movie

Thanks in advance

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

1. yes
    2. yes
    3. not from what i'm aware so far ( new update for zidoo player is under construction)
    4. never tested myself
    5. 3D iso yes, 3D mkv i don't know, probably yes
    6. yes
    7. yes but no menu present like with normal bluray iso

3. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

Yes for 3D Frame Packed MKVs (to make it sure)

HaoSs likes this.
  4. manifesto1969

manifesto1969 Member

Thanks. Just need to know if atmos and dts:X is supported before taking the plunge

5. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

6. gridlock

gridlock Member

I've used many android TV boxes ; Minix u9-h , himedia Q10 pro , mele v9.... you name it.
    zidoo x9s is the bomb (aside from the good performance of egreat A5 which i can consider as a runner up to zidoo x9s).
    i believe that zidoo is a dedicated company that keeps on releasing solid firmwares which actually fix issues....

7. jmp1963

jmp1963 Member

They are definitely supported but the passthrough code used is Zidoo's own which means that you can't just install any old android port of say Kodi (for example) and get DTS:X or Atmos to work because they need to be passed through RAW. If you use Zidoo's own media centre or use Zidoo's external player from within ZDMC (Zidoo's Kodi fork) it works perfectly.

My X8 (same internal hardware and uses same soft/firmware as the X9S) plays 3D MVC MKVs and 3D ISOs with Atmos sound at flawless and butter smooth 23.976 playback. The only thing the Zidoo player doesn't do (yet) is automatically switch forced subtitles to ON. You have to do it manually.

8. Marathin

Marathin New Member

...both works perfekt either with zdmc ( but Problems with other skins i.e. Aeon Redux) or originally KODi ( where you have to Take the XBMC Wrapper from Google Play)....can confirm the best of all the Androidboxes ( Himedia, beeqel, etc)

9. martin hof

martin hof New Member

i have a question to my remote wont work on my x9s help sorry this is not my language

10. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

change batters / send to warranty

11. martin hof

martin hof New Member

i did replace de babatterys dit not work it work wiht a fly mouse but than i cant turn it back on aigan ?

12. Marathin

Marathin New Member

is the Problem with KODi/zdmc??...if so try to reconfigurate Controller configuration in kodi

13. martin hof

martin hof New Member

no it is not in kodi but all together it just wont responce

14. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

For item 6 it is not really: It plays DVD in ISO and recently also folder formats but it does not do De-Interlacing resulting in a far from perfect picture. Specifically camera movements result in a bad picture.

15. manifesto1969

manifesto1969 Member

A reply says that forced subtitles have to be manually switched on - is that right? I have only ever come across media players that either can show forced subtitles automatically or you have to burn the subtitles into the film by remuxing.
    Can someone verify that forced subtitles do work.
    A few more questions:
    Does the player do auto-framerate switching - especially for 4k UHD
    Does it show Blu Ray menus or does it just play the biggest m2ts file

What are the main issues with this player?

Been burnt purchasing E(not-so)Great A5 which is buggy and movie wall is clunky. Don't want to throw more money down the drain!

16. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    manifesto1969 likes this.