Problems with Z10 PRO

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Guido, Aug 23, 2021.

1. Guido

Guido New Member

So you confirm what I thought and that is that when I tried it I could see the connection to the TV but not the display, so it cannot be a power problem as the seller says because the zidoo still works with its power supply that I used and that you don't need to change the power supply.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

As I said, my suspicion is that a ribbon cable is loose internally.

I certainly don't think it's a power supply issue but even if it was, it is still the dealer's responsibility.

3. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

How a Z10 display will look after a power up .
    With no internal drive installed and no internet connection set up etc . EA14AC26-980E-44FE-A6BD-C67B08A8BAD3.jpeg

4. Guido

Guido New Member

How is it possible then that if the dealer connects it, the display works and if I connect it, it doesn't? Is it possible that there is something that does not make contact and that in the transport comes off? Consider that I have had it 2 times: just bought, then sent back to the seller who sent me the photo that worked, sent back to me and it didn't work.

5. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Can you confirm powered on you hear the rear fan kick in then circa 30 seconds later no display at all ?

No “ Boot” message on Zidoo Display then followed by “ Hello “ then time and 1080p in small logo ?

6. Guido

Guido New Member

I confirm that after switching on the fan noise is heard but nothing appears on the display. It is 3 days that the dealer has available the zidoo that I sent back .... I'm waiting for news.

7. Guido

Guido New Member

Hello to all. Sorry I'm late. I got a new zidoo as a replacement with the working display! I've solved pretty much all the problems listed in the initial post. Thanks so much to all of you !!! (Thanks muha for setting ShanaEncoder !!!)
    I just need one last step. I found that the zidoo z10 pro cannot connect "directly" with a USB cable to the PC to transfer files using zidoo's "internal HD". For me this is a problem! I have seen and read that you have to use samba and an openwrt program that is not in zidoo and in any case the procedure seems difficult to me. Is there anyone who would kindly explain me how to connect zidoo's HD to PC step by step as if I were a child?

8. muha

muha Active Member

SMB is enabled in Settings under network, no need to install anything. It will automatically share all drives attached + internal.

If you are using windows 10 you need to enable SMB1
    https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1037477/
    SMB Client is enough.

If you have any other Windows just enable network discoverability. Private network PC visible to other devices.
    Windows Vista and Newer:

1. Open the Control Panel and select "Network and Internet".
    2. Select "Network and Sharing Center".
    3. Select "Change advanced sharing settings" near the upper-left.
    4. Expand the type of network for which you'd like to change the settings.
    5. Select "Turn on network discovery.
    6. Select "Turn on file and printer sharing".
    7. Click "Save changes" then "OK".

9. Guido

Guido New Member

Hello. I activated the SMB 1.0 / CIFS Client function, the ZD_SAMBA folder appears on the network where there is everything I can share with the PC, both internal HD and HD connected to zidoo via USB !!!! All very simple, easy and functional. So thanks again muha, in a moment I solved the problem that in other forums seemed complicated. I hope I no longer need any further help, but I know that if I have any problems you will be able to solve them as you have done up to now.

muha likes this.
  10. muha

muha Active Member

Grazie mille!
    There is really nice community here, really amazing people, I just recently joined and I enjoy reading post of other people because you can really learn something.

11. I am also facing this problem. Are you saying it over wifi or ethernet? I tried it. But the file transfer speed between pc and zidoo z10 pro is too slow over wifi(3mb/sec). My internet speed is more than that. Both the pc and box are near on the same table. What am i missing here? Should i turn off wifi on the box and connect it via ethernet directly to pc? In this way my pc can also share the internet via ethernet to the box ( like a hotspot). Kindly guide regarding fastest file speed transfer.